A 10 hour walk...

Soldato
Associate
I'm in north Tenerife at present and the coach ride up certainly was enough to tell me it's not a casual stroll or open to walking unless prepared. Mainly baron empty land for miles, hope the best for the lad mind.

Soldato
Teneriefe was quite hot enough for me in the off season when I went, can't imagine deciding to do a 10 hour hike without water in summer heat... It's quite tough terrain in that part of the island too.

I'm guessing he must have felt pretty much out of options if that's what he decided to do though, maybe had his wallet stolen or something? Maybe tried to hitch hike but they dropped him in middle of nowhere? Or maybe it was just a foolish decision. Imagine those men he apparently spent the night with might be able to shed some light on things...

It seems that Jay was involved in a gang attacking someone with a machete in 2021, so maybe doesn't have the best head on his shoulders.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Derp! 10 hours?
Might as well stay there overnight and wait until morning and catch a bus.

Or if its really bad call the emergency services not your friend.

Edit.
Surely this is foul play or an accident or something. Seems mad this can happen through lack of common sense

Last edited:
Caporegime
It seems that Jay was involved in a gang attacking someone with a machete in 2021, so maybe doesn't have the best head on his shoulders.

Yeah, I had some sympathy for his situation until I heard this.

I mean, I hope he's not dead, but he seems to be making an effort to get himself into bad situations.

Last edited:
Soldato
Me and my mate went for a 10 hour hike in Kavos one year..

It just started off a walk, till he saw a sign for a nudist beach and got obsessed with seeing it. So there we was walking up a mountain to find it with no sun cream or water.

When we got there, or to a place we thought it was, it was empty… sat around for a bit then started to make our way back. We was tempted to take a rowing boat to get back quicker but managed to get back in a thrived of the time it took us to get there. Sticking to the path really does help especially when it came to finding a cafe for water.

We, or I in particular got shouted at when we got back. We met some girls during our time there and one was in particular very worried that I was “missing” for so long.

… I did a 8 hour wonder about in Kos this year by myself but I was armed with a mobile phone, battery charger and water… followed by a 8 hours in turkey a few days later, that was more scary as o was crossing roads which looked like the equivalent of motorways.. lol a few kind people saved my life that day, the shop keeper that sold me his personal bottle water that was cold, and the young girl at the cafe who was watering the gardens that showered me off.

Soldato
OP
Derp! 10 hours?
Might as well stay there overnight and wait until morning and catch a bus.

Or if its really bad call the emergency services not your friend.

Edit.
Surely this is foul play or an accident or something. Seems mad this can happen through lack of common sense
It's said in the report that he missed a bus so decided to walk.
He was in a car to this place for about 40mins driving out into the countryside?..I hate saying this..but..is he just a bit..dim?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Sounds like he's a delight.
windsor-davies-oh-dear.gif

Caporegime
Oh. Just read this bit..

Earlier, she told the Manchester Evening News someone Mr Slater had met on his night out had driven him back to their apartment in a hire car without him realising how far away it was.

A girl?

It's said in the report that he missed a bus so decided to walk.
He was in a car to this place for about 40mins driving out into the countryside?..I hate saying this..but..is he just a bit..dim?
Either a plank or something dodgy for sure.
If the dodgy stuff about his past is true could even be revenge.

Soldato
Oh. Just read this bit..

Earlier, she told the Manchester Evening News someone Mr Slater had met on his night out had driven him back to their apartment in a hire car without him realising how far away it was.

A girl?

Two blokes... this kid doesn't seem to be the sharpest tool in the shed.. There's not much two blokes that I just met could say to me to get me to go back to their house...

I can remember when me and my mates meet some lads from liverpool on a night out in manchester (before I moved here), they offered all of us a ride to the grand nationals the next day.

Bit of a mood point has we was all too hung over and slept in the day after but some of the guys I was with was more than happy to go with them... I was like... are you nuts; they could leave us stranded on the motor after mugging us, if you want to go, we can make our own way there..

Back
Top Bottom