A 10 hour walk...

Soldato
His friend that he last called didn’t want her face shown on the news, it’s all a bit strange, said they were getting threats?

Last edited:
Caporegime
GuOLyla.png

Soldato
I seriously don't know how people give to these gofundme scams, I really don't.
Is it really as straight forward as setting a page up, posting for a cause and hoping for the best with no questions asked?

I understand legitimate charitable causes but in this instance I’d be asking for reason for required funds along with receipts.

Don
Is it really as straight forward as setting a page up, posting for a cause and hoping for the best with no questions asked?

I understand legitimate charitable causes but in this instance I’d be asking for reason for required funds along with receipts.
Pretty much as far as I’m aware. Gofundme is nothing really to do with charities as people use it for all sorts of fund raising such as paying for funerals and the like.

Gofundme would likely shut it down though if there was evidence of fake ID or whatever though.

Last edited:
Soldato
A guyin our local town did a 'gofundme' sponsored walk to Glasgow. All sorts of controversy. His tracking of where he was seemed to suddenly jump a long distance at one point. Half the money never made it to the charity (because of 'costs'). And he was collecting cash in a wheelbarrow as he walked, none of which was accounted for either.

He was always dodgy as sin. One of those 'fremen of the land' types who thinks he's the main character in a film. Constantly protesting outside council premises because they dared to consider planning laws to apply to him. And just in case the general air of being rather creepy wasn't enough, I believe he's just been in court for some kind of sexual offence against a minor.

Man of Honour
Hopefully the guy is safe and is found, although realistically I think the outcome won't be good now. It wouldn't surprise me, given this guy's background, if his friends know more than they are saying.

I don't wish the guy any harm but he doesn't sound the nicest person in the world so I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

That GoFundMe request doesn't explain what the money will be for. It's just "someone I know is missing, please give me money".

Caporegime
Go fund me is a bit like Kick starter.

The platforms take a cut so give no Fs about what goes on there unless they have to.

The only scam I've ever been bitten by was on KS.
Luckily it was only 80 pounds but it wasn't a failed project. The creators vanished.

Now you might think KS would at least refund you their cut. Nope. Nothing. They don't persue or even try to help out. Just point out to the CC charge back "this is a donation".

Never again with KS. And there are so many scams.

Go fund me seems same. Company takes a cut and doesn't really care about the cause. Unless there's clear fraud and they have to do something.

Caporegime

Far as I'm aware it's not much more than that.

Its also sad that people give to this vs a proper charity. It's amazing what social media hype can do

Bet 90pc of people donating have no idea about his past.

Wouldn't put it past someone of his history for this all to be a big scam.
If it is... I hope it all comes out!

Last edited:
Caporegime
And there was that gofundme where that absolutely vile woman faked having cancer.
That is so insidious. Seriously. What sort of person does that?

Caporegime
And there was that gofundme where that absolutely vile woman faked having cancer.
That is so insidious. Seriously. What sort of person does that?
The anonymity and disconnect provided by the internet makes people absolute idiots. But yeah you already have to have a seed of being a c word there to start.

Caporegime
The anonymity and disconnect provided by the internet makes people absolute idiots. But yeah you already have to have a seed of being a c word there to start.

That woman posted content of herself faked in hospital etc.
Couldn't believe it. How few people haven't been touched by a friend of family from cancer.. Just can't fathom how anyone could do that.

Back
Top Bottom