A battlefield2 thread

Associate
BF2 has improved since 1.4 and infantry only is great,with stats i like the stats because the game is very addictive and it gives you something strive for.I just play for fun and i feel some people take it to seriously the key is teamwork if you in a good sqad you always going to have a good time.i would be wary on going knife and pistol servers due they can track you on them and it has led to people having stats reset

Soldato
IO mode is the best thing to happen to bf2 ....
i love hearing all the armour/planewhores crying cause they cant get their easy no skill kills ,,,,,

Permabanned
wyatt gates said:
i would be wary on going knife and pistol servers due they can track you on them and it has led to people having stats reset

I dont understand with this, how come these servers are so bad. I thought they were just normal servers but pistol & knife only for weapons?

Cant say I play them anyway as im a sniper rifle whore and always have been. :D

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I am Loving the IO's servers to bits.
I got my Distinquished service medal last night on Jihalabad as Medic/Squad leader. We held a ridge on the left and during the round i typed great game guys twice i was having so much fun.
Full on infantry wars both advancing and retreating as and when. Superb fun and a good change from Vanilla/Armour servers.
Not one single crash or connection loss either since the patch and damn good pings an all.
I don't s'pose we will get 300 posts saying that though.

Soldato
IO is the best way to play BF2. I played on the TWL NA ladder 5x5 infantry and one of the admins created a download pack of all the maps we played with no vehicles (16 player only) so we've been playing IO for a while.

For the SF 5x5 infantry we still have vehicles present and it seems to be just annoying that they're even present during a match.

BF1942 however, I think the balance was better and I never had a problem with vehicles.

Soldato
OMFG!!! I just had a quick go on an IO map and I have to say it was the worst gaming experience of my life!!!!

It's pathetic!!! All I got was medics and support nade spamming everywhere!!! Literally 1/2 kills was a nade kill.

Was just rubbish!!! :(

Soldato
eekfek said:
VaderDSL , sounds like you got owned too much ... tissue ?

LOL be quiet little boy ... I was saying it was the worst gaming experience ever, I prefer Vanilla BF2 over that, was impossible to enjoy it when all you got was a barrage of grenades.

Either I was playing on a rubbish server (it was a 64 man) or I'm just too mature a gamer for that type of mod.

Basically I swapped tank and plane spamming for grenade spamming. 75% were medics 25% were support. All they did was get ontop of buildings on strike at, and somehow they got ontop of buildings with no ladders, exploiting gang leader respawn?? And they simply sat there for the entire map dropping grenades onto the first flag. How is that fun/better than a tank or plane spamming a spawn point?

Last edited:
Soldato
VaderDSL said:
OMFG!!! I just had a quick go on an IO map and I have to say it was the worst gaming experience of my life!!!!

It's pathetic!!! All I got was medics and support nade spamming everywhere!!! Literally 1/2 kills was a nade kill.

Was just rubbish!!! :(

Time to go sniper and pick them off from a distance. The splash damage from a rocket launcher seems bigger now, try that too.

Soldato
Cybermyk said:
Time to go sniper and pick them off from a distance. The splash damage from a rocket launcher seems bigger now, try that too.

I couldnt even do that, many of them as my above post, just sat on top of buildings overlooking spawn points with no ladders, at least none I could see. Like the one over the first flag in Strike at Karkand, and when they did have ladders, the buildings were too high to throw grenades back up hehe :) and they had claymores each time you tried to get up due to crates and the crazy amount of support characters.

It would probably be a good mod with less people

Also, what's with everyone still bunny hopping?! ALl I got was people bouncing around lobbing grenades, that's why I'm peeved off with it :) my first go at IO!

Last edited:
Soldato
VaderDSL said:
I couldnt even do that, many of them as my above post, just sat on top of buildings overlooking spawn points with no ladders, at least none I could see. Like the one over the first flag in Strike at Karkand, and when they did have ladders, the buildings were too high to throw grenades back up hehe :) and they had claymores each time you tried to get up due to crates and the crazy amount of support characters.

It would probably be a good mod with less people

For Karkand the commander can drop a crate on the low roof next to the hotel flag. You can use it to jump on to the next highest roof and then others can spawn on you up there. The ammo crate then dissapears after a few minutes. They probably just did something like that.

Soldato
They were on top of this building, 1 sometimes 2 enemy squads the rain of grenades was non-stop. You couldnt get near

karkand.jpg

Is that the one?

Also the IO server I was on, was that a one off, are most of them a lot better? i.e more tactical?

Soldato
VaderDSL said:
LOL be quiet little boy
classic mature retort
... I was saying it was the worst gaming experience ever, I prefer Vanilla BF2 over that, was impossible to enjoy it when all you got was a barrage of grenades.

Dont play karkand then

Either I was playing on a rubbish server (it was a 64 man) or I'm just too mature a gamer for that type of mod.

yeah it was probably the server that made you suck

Basically I swapped tank and plane spamming for grenade spamming. 75% were medics 25% were support. All they did was get ontop of buildings on strike at, and somehow they got ontop of buildings with no ladders, exploiting gang leader respawn?? And they simply sat there for the entire map dropping
grenades onto the first flag. How is that fun/better than a tank or plane spamming a spawn point?

damn them !!! enemies hiding the ladders trick .. bad MEC

lighten up vaderLSD... or learn the map/IO mode before looking foolish .

Soldato
eekfek said:
lighten up vaderLSD... or learn the map/IO mode before looking foolish .

**** off, I've played BF2 since release. Why not try and be helpful, I had my first go at IO and all I saw was enemy squads sitting on top of buildings throwing grenades throughout the entire map. If that's the type of gameplay I can expect from IO then to me it is pathetic.

Now if you actually contribute to this whine of mine and maybe offer some advice that this was a an exception, then maybe you won't look like a ****

Soldato
dont forget , that if FF is off, you can c4 yourself onto most roof tops then get a supply drop ...

as for Vader, now youve hurt my feelings with those **** comments , damn ... must ... not ..... cry ...

Last edited:
Soldato
VaderDSL said:
They were on top of this building, 1 sometimes 2 enemy squads the rain of grenades was non-stop. You couldnt get near

Is that the one?

Also the IO server I was on, was that a one off, are most of them a lot better? i.e more tactical?

Yeah possible they had friendly fire off and used a c4 pack to blow one of them up there. You can get on the taller building to the left of it quite easily but not to the top of the centre one (hotel).

Back
Top Bottom