A battlefield2 thread

Soldato
Cybermyk said:
The sound settings have always had an impact on the game, it's normal :)

What sound settings do you use?

I for one can't tell a difference between the Hardware/High and X-Fi/Ultra High. Also I find that while EAX sounds more realistic it impedes gameplay since its harder to hear distant veichles or jets approaching from afar.

Soldato
tonyyeb said:
I did wonder what it meant... i might try that! thanks!

No thats not it. That would be usefull because I hate fiddling with that screen sometimes. All it does is clear the map screen after a map load, you still wont spawn till you have choosen a spawn point and clicked ok.

You will be on the battlefield, dead and with an infinite respawn time till you choose.

I heard xfi high sound quality is amazing compared to the other settings :confused: Its the only game which supports it directly I think

Last edited:
Soldato
titaniumx3 said:
What sound settings do you use?

I for one can't tell a difference between the Hardware/High and X-Fi/Ultra High. Also I find that while EAX sounds more realistic it impedes gameplay since its harder to hear distant veichles or jets approaching from afar.

I use an Audigy 2 with Hardware/Low/Eax enabled if I turn up the settings it has an impact on online framerates.

Associate
How do i check my network connection.
Where do I get the netlimiter from ?
I am getting really fed up with getting on to servers and only having a ping off say 20, but getting lack or messegae 'Problem with your Connection'
I have been through the tracenet & Hops with my ISP and they say everything my end is OK :confused:

Any ideas please

Associate
Tysonator said:
I am getting really fed up with getting on to servers and only having a ping off say 20, but getting lack or messegae 'Problem with your Connection'
I have been through the tracenet & Hops with my ISP and they say everything my end is OK :confused:

Any ideas please

A ping of 20 is fine, and reasonably good.

The 'Problem with your connection' thing is a bug, though ive never experienced it myself. As for lag, well i assume you mean graphics lag, where it stutters, as opposed to lag in its original sense (as in, network lag or ping spikes) This is also quite common. Could try clearing your graphics cache or temporarily lowering your GFX settings to see if it rectifies the problem.

Caporegime
Tysonator said:

Any ideas please

Are you connected via wifi? I had problems with my wifi connection giving regular "problem with your connection" messages, but got it sorted now :)

v2^

v2^

Associate
Is it normal to be so chuffed about a promotion on BF2 ?

I mean i was promoted to Private First Class easy i know but still was chuffed :D

Soldato
I bought BF2 at chirstmas but never got round to playing it. Is it too late to get into the game now? I use to play BF 1 back in the day but was less than impressed with Vietnam. From the outside BF2 seems complicated with ranks, squads, commander modes etc, have I been left in the dust from not playing the game when it first came out? :)

Permabanned
Minstadave said:
Nice to see the members helping each other out.

We need to have a big OcUK BF2 get together so we can all go take over a public server and make them cry :D

You have a valid point, I think we need someone with lots of time and bf2 to create a thread *cough* Malc30. Any chance on having some tournement sticky threads?

Associate
Hostile17 said:
I bought BF2 at chirstmas but never got round to playing it. Is it too late to get into the game now? I use to play BF 1 back in the day but was less than impressed with Vietnam. From the outside BF2 seems complicated with ranks, squads, commander modes etc, have I been left in the dust from not playing the game when it first came out? :)

Not too late by far, get playing because 1.4 is out soon which should fix everything and add a new map. Get playing! its the easy capture the flags mode (conquest) as seen in all battlefields but u get ranks and badges for good things you do. 15 kills as medic for example.

Associate
Hostile17 said:

I started playing a couple of months back (and it was pretty much my first proper online gaming experience) and I got into it pretty quickly, and am now addicted.

Get online, pick a class and play (I chose medic and the concensus seems o be that it's a good one to start with) - you'll soon pick up the rest, especially if you squad up with a few friendly people - there seems to be plenty on here although I can't speak from experience not having played with any (hope to change that in the near future when I get a chance to get online :) ).

Associate
Hostile17 said:
Oh right thanks guys, I'll give it a good session tonight!

So is it best to stick with one class all the time in BF2?
at first i generally stuck as medic and got a lot of points because you can capture flags, shoot people, heal and revive people all for points. So medic is a nice rewarding class to play, i got all the medic badges then switch to somethin else.

Associate
Hostile17 said:

Personally I think it's a good idea to stick to a class when you are starting out, learn the weapons for that class inside out etc, but once you have a handle on what's going on etc then it's a good idea to learn other classes, so you can play whatever suits the map / game you are in.

That's my opinion though and I'm far from a veteran! I started as medic and have been practising engineer and Anti Tank recently - I think it makes you a more valuable member of a squad if you can spawn as Engi /AT and be effective as the needs of the squad dictate.

Soldato
Hostile17 said:

you need to get a feel for the game and learn the maps, but if you want to rank up quick then medic or support is probably the best. these two classes have can rack up ridiculous points by just tossing ammo/first aid bags all over the maps.
using armour (cheap kills*cough*) is a sure fire way to get good K/D ratio's whilst going engineer also gets you repair pts.

one tip, most guns have two fire modes - burst and single shot - single shot is far more accurate and useful at long range, use it.

experiment with the diff classes and use the ones you have the most fun with

Associate
Spacky said:
You have a valid point, I think we need someone with lots of time and bf2 to create a thread *cough* Malc30. Any chance on having some tournement sticky threads?

Great idea - a regular night where everyone get's together (every 2 weeks?) would be good. if there are enough and anyone has access to a friendly server, we could just divvie up teams on the forum, then have an inter OCUK bf2 fest on a locked server.

As the OCUK BF2 clan idea seems to have petered out this would be a good way to get an friendly, informal, regular game going, while still allowing everyone to maintain their other clan /server commitments.

Having said that, I hold my hand up and say that I don't have the time to put into organising said night, but if anyone else is up for it, I'll be the first name on the player list!

v2^

v2^

Associate
Crispy said:
Great idea - a regular night where everyone get's together (every 2 weeks?) would be good. if there are enough and anyone has access to a friendly server, we could just divvie up teams on the forum, then have an inter OCUK bf2 fest on a locked server.

As the OCUK BF2 clan idea seems to have petered out this would be a good way to get an friendly, informal, regular game going, while still allowing everyone to maintain their other clan /server commitments.

Having said that, I hold my hand up and say that I don't have the time to put into organising said night, but if anyone else is up for it, I'll be the first name on the player list!

I would be up for joining in the fun :)

Soldato
v2^ said:
I would be up for joining in the fun :)
Me too. I've been really getting into BF2 over the last month. I'm still dying lots and not really killing many people but it's great fun.

Benn ATing a lot lately and getting some good kills. Maybe I'll give Medic a go for a while, not really played that at all.

I'm on X-fire as willienelson, look me up if you fancy a game or know of any good servers/squads :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom