• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

A Week With NVIDIA's G-SYNC Monitor

Well I run a £500 TN monitor 120Hz and built in 3D and right next to it. I run a £500 ips panel and they both have their pluses and minuses but as far as worrying about G-Sync being on a TN panel at 120Hz and 1440P, I don't.

It will be a toss up of what monitor I keep in honesty, as one will have to go.

To be fair to them, my aging asus 120hz tn is a very good (imo) quality panel, colours are vibrant, blacks are deep and most importantly its never gone belly up.

I'm one of those that tend to stick with a brand after a good experience, so another asus screen suits me perfectly :)

Now of only I could afford 3 of these and the horsepower to drive them :D

Unless anything has changed recently, last I checked g-sync doesn't support surround :( At least it means I won't be getting my wallet out!

I'll defer to what PCM2 is saying in the monitors section :)

Which post? The fellas a fountain of fantastical monitor knowledge :D

Unless anything has changed recently, last I checked g-sync doesn't support surround :( At least it means I won't be getting my wallet out!

Correct, though not supported 'yet'. As ever with these things, start to cater for the masses first (1080 24") then gradually filter out (1440 27") followed by the unique (surround).

I'd imagine its more a case of getting 1 or more GPU's to communicate with 3 GSync modules more then anything else as its having to do 3x the work while maintaining the same speed.

Hmmmm, 4K G-Sync on Tri-SLI Titans..... Damn, now I don't know what to do. Maybe time to watch the MM for another Titan and be 4K ready.

either way, I can see the 4K Gsync monitors being more expensive than the 1440 one, if there's no definite date on the 4k one by the time the 1440 is in the shops then I'll get one with a view to trading it in when the 4k one is available

I can't see me getting the igzo version, ever, because even I can't justify £3k for a monitor

either way, I can see the 4K Gsync monitors being more expensive than the 1440 one, if there's no definite date on the 4k one by the time the 1440 is in the shops then I'll get one with a view to trading it in when the 4k one is available

I can't see me getting the igzo version, ever, because even I can't justify £3k for a monitor

Reading up, those Igzo screens are gaining many fans. I was thinking they were going to be cheap tat but apparently not.

Go for the 1440 120hz asus this year Greg, then by the time both 4k and gsync have matured in a year or twos time you can upgrade knowing 2 of that gens cards will likely do wonders at that res without crippling bank account and/or marriage :D

Go for the 1440 120hz asus this year Greg, then by the time both 4k and gsync have matured in a year or twos time you can upgrade knowing 2 of that gens cards will likely do wonders at that res without crippling bank account and/or marriage :D

True mate on both accounts. I think I may have misunderstood the 3D on that Asus screen.... I was thinking it would do 3D @ 2560x1440 but I think it will still only do 1080P 3D? Not fussed but that would have been a great addition.

Speaking of Titans Greggers, the chap who bought mine cooked a VRM on it. Another one down :( Sadly I have to sort the return of it as the buyer and it was through eBay. Fun...Had to be the only one I didn't buy through a proper e-tailer :D

Speaking of Titans Greggers, the chap who bought mine cooked a VRM on it. Another one down :( Sadly I have to sort the return of it as the buyer and it was through eBay. Fun...Had to be the only one I didn't buy through a proper e-tailer :D

Gutted. I would always help out on warranties but kinda makes it unfair on you. :(

True mate on both accounts. I think I may have misunderstood the 3D on that Asus screen.... I was thinking it would do 3D @ 2560x1440 but I think it will still only do 1080P 3D? Not fussed but that would have been a great addition.

The feeling I got from 3dvision blog was that if it were to be certified, it would do so at 1440.

It ticks all the boxes to be 3d ready, perhaps nvidia need to do some work at driver level for the higher res before it can be announced :)

The feeling I got from 3dvision blog was that if it were to be certified, it would do so at 1440.

It ticks all the boxes to be 3d ready, perhaps nvidia need to do some work at driver level for the higher res before it can be announced :)

Yer, I did some digging and it does look a possibility but nothing confirming or denying. It would be a nice bonus at least.

Another look at the Asus site said availabilty could be as soon as the end of Q1 as well as early Q2, although I suspect Q2 would be most likely. I just need to stay out of the MM and wait patiently now :)

Back
Top Bottom