A8R32-MVP what is it

Associate
Anyone with an FX60 and this board?

It's my understanding that the Vcore adjustment range listed in the BIOS is tied to the CPU ID. That is to say depending on what CPU is installed, your max Vcore selectability will change. My CPU is being properly reported, but i'm only seeing 1.4v as the maximum selection (I'm aware of the additional .1 and .2 available from the Vcore overvoltage setting) Even with that am I only going to get 1.6v? as my max limit from this CPU? Yes it's on Phase Change (Prometiea Mach I) so I can handle high Vcore (though admittedly I cant get it as cold as a Mach II GT) but I digress...

I just started cranking the setup and right now it's only at 3ghz (which most people are getting even on air with this CPU) and my Vcore is still reporting in the 1.42-1.45 range (I have vcore overvoltage still set to auto at the moment and Vcore itself set to 1.4)

EDIT: CPUID is reporting (approx) 1.568v with 1.4 +.2 overvoltage selected, I can boot into and run SuperPI, 3dmark 05,06 without problems but prime 95 crashes almost immediately @ 3400mhz (17x200) Ive backed it down to 16x210 (3360mhz) and so far prime 95 is stable at 3 hours and counting. Still, a 760mhz FX60 stable overclock on a Mach I is not too shabby. :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
i know their has been some issues with this board, stated in this thread, but am i safe to buy this for my system?? no stuttering issues or anything dodgy i need to know about before buying this board?

also if anyone has any recomms on a diff board for my system please let me know. thanx sorry for my lazyness

Associate
Tom|Nbk said:
is the new bios worth installing then?

This is totally stable with the 502's (and 1t command rate w/2gb RAM) so I would say yes. :D

cpuzfx60.jpg

Suspended
I would use 2 sticks, as you run in 1T command rate, if you use four it drops to 2T afaik. Yes BIOS flash can be done under Windows, I've flashed twice so far.

Soldato
Anyone had any problems with the onboard sound and this board? This may sound noobish but shouldn't the outputs at the back work straight out of the box as long as there's power to the board (which there is)?

Back
Top Bottom