A8R32-MVP what is it

Associate
Just setup one of these A8R32's with an x2 4400+ and 2gb UCCC DDR.
Running at 2.6Ghz 10 x 260 and 1:1 on the ram !!
Nice setup with an X1900XTX :)
Latest bios loaded before I began to o/c.

Associate
Bito said:
U gonna give me the money for the RAM and CPU? :D

Soldato
Hi FerociouS, I'd would have thought that your PSU should be able to do the job. It's just that I've heard of faulty or underpowered PSU's giving off strange symptoms such like you describe. Have you all the lastest drivers? ULi 2.20 http://www.nvidia.com/page/uli_drivers.html Reaktek R1.44 http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...52&famid=2004052&series=2004061&Software=True

Or have you a third party soundcard, if so remove it and try with the onboard. I'm actually using a SB Audigy 1 as I found that the onboard occassionally gave the odd stutter. Another thing to try is to disable all onboard devices you aren't using thro the bios.

Also test your ram with memtest, each one individually first then both together. Again you could try running your system with just the one in place and see if that makes a difference. My Corsairs were faulty, would only run with one in place, however they ran ok in another mobbo. Had them replaced with the same and things are now ok.

I have no lockups with my system, similar to yours, so something is up somewhere...
ChrisC

Associate
Bito said:

hi bito did you get a8r32 deluxe from ocuk l am going to order one next week now on hol`s for 2 weeks so give me time to test it , and you no what i am going to ask what`s the motherboard rev number would be very handy to no. :)

Associate
chriscatt said:
Hi FerociouS, I'd would have thought that your PSU should be able to do the job. It's just that I've heard of faulty or underpowered PSU's giving off strange symptoms such like you describe. Have you all the lastest drivers? ULi 2.20 http://www.nvidia.com/page/uli_drivers.html Reaktek R1.44 http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...52&famid=2004052&series=2004061&Software=True

Or have you a third party soundcard, if so remove it and try with the onboard. I'm actually using a SB Audigy 1 as I found that the onboard occassionally gave the odd stutter. Another thing to try is to disable all onboard devices you aren't using thro the bios.

Also test your ram with memtest, each one individually first then both together. Again you could try running your system with just the one in place and see if that makes a difference. My Corsairs were faulty, would only run with one in place, however they ran ok in another mobbo. Had them replaced with the same and things are now ok.

I have no lockups with my system, similar to yours, so something is up somewhere...
ChrisC

I am using the onboard sound m8, i dont have a sound card, i will check those updates out and get back to you, thanks for your Help Chris, appreaciate that m8. :)

Suspended
Anyone have empty area in Control Panel Sata controller? :confused: Using latest SI sata drivers.

sata.jpg

Suspended
Nothing in the BIOS tab either, all boxes are empty like the one above.
Using drivers from silicon image site (3132)

Device manager
1.0.16.0 0 - Silicon Image Sil 3132 SATALink Controller

Soldato
chriscatt said:
Hi Squiffy, my driver version says 1.0.5.8, dated 23/12/05, check you actually have the latest version here http://www.nvidia.com/page/uli_drivers.html
Edit sorry my error I'm looking at the ULi drivers, I don't use the sill one as it's slower...
Tom|Nbk
Yes I have but I don't use it, if you could possibly post up your queries here or PM me...
Cheers
Chris C

just my random freezing issue i just wanted to know if it was down to the drivers/irq sharing etc its self as i got them while watching video and sometimes listening to music, i am using the Uli controller but i didnt actually have those drivers before maybe that was my problem i havnt had a lockup as of yet, so if i need anything else ill be sure to post it up :) , cheers chris

Soldato
update: after installing those uli drivers i now get slight sound stutters in bf2 it normally happens when i join the round and i walk around a bit and the map then loads and as it does i get a slight sound stutter which is quite annoying any ideas chris i didnt get this at all before :( but i did get freezes and pauses etc every now and then

edit : ok half way through loading bf2 then a total lockup/freeze, im starting to think it could be my oc im going to flash bios again and start fresh, this was also after i uninstalled the uli drivers so it obviously wasn't those :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Associate
Tom|Nbk said:
update: after installing those uli drivers i now get slight sound stutters in bf2 it normally happens when i join the round and i walk around a bit and the map then loads and as it does i get a slight sound stutter which is quite annoying any ideas chris i didnt get this at all before :( but i did get freezes and pauses etc every now and then

edit : ok half way through loading bf2 then a total lockup/freeze, im starting to think it could be my oc im going to flash bios again and start fresh, this was also after i uninstalled the uli drivers so it obviously wasn't those :rolleyes:

Hi Tom i see your using on board sound have you got pci sound card you could use.

Back
Top Bottom