Poll: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021, Yas Island - Race 22

Rate the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten. If you want. I can’t be arsed.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
how about driving faster than the back markers ?

So every race is unsafe because the likes of Merc and RB are always faster than the likes of Haas and Williams? Would you stop every race once the leading car closes on a backmarker because it's unsafe? If all cars are in working order and there's not too much debris or marshals on the track then the track is safe.

But the rules are not ambiguous.The rules of the safety car are what the teams followed and based their decision making on.

Masi just entirely made up his own rule which was clearly designed to benefit Max.

If there is rule that race director has the authority during SC then that's the rule. I don't like it myself but from what posted earlier it doesn't seem there's any chance of it being overturned. Anyway it's up to Merc legal team to argue it, if they decide to go that far.

Caporegime
If there is rule that race director has the authority during SC then that's the rule. I don't like it myself but from what posted earlier it doesn't seem there's any chance of it being overturned. Anyway it's up to Merc legal team to argue it, if they decide to go that far.

But he can't have complete authority to arbitrarily make up his own rules because thats obviously absurd and would not likely stand up in court. I imagine in court, a very good reason will have to be given for him making up that rule (which was objectively biased towards giving Max the win)....and he wont have one.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

They won’t get it overturned for abuse of the SC, that’s already been argued by the stewards (Race director has outright authority) but I think they might have an argument for it being totally bias to one driver given Max was the only one that benefited.

Id argue it directly contracts the “we want to let them race” agreement because that was a slaughter.

Soldato
If it was anything other than the title shoot out, it would have ended behind safety car......

First race of the season - 100% it end behind the safety car....

Horner/Max weren't screaming for "let them race" when they pottered around behind the safety car at Spa, yes bad conditions, but they were very happy to wander round a couple of laps and claim "victory" there.....

Soldato
But he can't have complete authority to arbitrarily make up his own rules because thats obviously absurd and would not likely stand up in court. I imagine in court, a very good reason will have to be given for him making up that rule (which was objectively biased towards giving Max the win).

That's for people lot smarter than me to decide but unless there's a proof it was a biased decision to give Max the advantage I can't see it being successful. It's crap and rules and FIA deffo need to rewrite the rules.

Soldato
They won’t get it overturned for abuse of the SC, that’s already been argued by the stewards (Race director has outright authority) but I think they might have an argument for it being totally bias to one driver given Max was the only one that benefited.

Id argue it directly contracts the “we want to let them race” agreement because that was a slaughter.

CAS can disagree and overrule stewards, they not forbidden from disagreeing with a stewards decision?

Or is it the case they can now only win on another point?

Soldato
Well I'm not gonna miss my Sky subscription (in fairness was going to cancel regardless of the outcome). I'll just pick and choose how and when to watch next season if the new regulations shake things up a bit and Masi is working as a scriptwriter for Netflix.

Caporegime
That's for people lot smarter than me to decide but unless there's a proof it was a biased decision to give Max the advantage I can't see it being successful. It's crap and rules and FIA deffo need to rewrite the rules.

How is it not? He only removed the cars between Lewis and Max! What about Carlos's race? Why was he not given the opportunity to race for 2nd?

It was done simply to add drama to the last lap and inevitably gift Max the win.

Soldato
I have followed F1 since mid 1990s, and this is the first time I have seen a clear breach of rules by the racing director.

What are these kind of decisions are you referring to?

Also for me this is more about the sport becoming a scripted showdown rather than a sport. They wanted a showbiz ending, hence the manipulation.

Hi, Sebastian Vettel would like a word…

Soldato
Masi is in the control of liberty media they bought a pup and now desperately need to make it entertaining hence sprint races etc. It devalues the world championship, but it will never be what it was with the tyre engineering and drs.
The old f1 is long gone Lewis is the last of the old school. Alonso is just there for the lols.

I will still watch but I have avoided the sky pre race hype for a long time now and I have started to turn down Crofty et al. I mean they all, even button bundle and rosberg seemed to have had a lobotomy. As for all that we race as one stuff.
Even that sacred cow the grid walk seems to be find a celebrity now. I pay for 4k, hopefully hdr and atmos in the future. As regards the pundits err no thanks.
I've also got more into football as it happens, the Premier league is serious quality now , the hdr and atmos is brilliant. Again I avoid all the build up and the pundits, apart from Keene and Souness. The commentary seems a lot better than f1 though, less false hype and fake excitement.

Underboss
so, the latest news :

The stewards deliberated for over three hours before dismissing both protests.

Red Bull Team Principal Christian Horner says the F1 stewards made the right decision after Mercedes protested against Max Verstappen's victory at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
Soon after, Mercedes lodged their intention to appeal and they now have 96 hours to launch an official appeal.

Coincidentally, that timeframe takes them up to Thursday night when Verstappen is due to be crowned champion at the FIA Awards Ceremony.

lets wait and see !!!

Associate
If the RD didn't follow the rules to the letter and it has a financial impact on a team, then surely that could be claims for reimbursement.

It also shows 1 man can control the results, that would put him in a position of potential blackmail.
Stranger things have happened at sea.

Soldato
next season hamilton needs to stop getting out of the way of verstappens dives every race, let them both crash out and Russell can pick up the points for the constructors and drivers championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom