Poll: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021, Yas Island - Race 22

Rate the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten. If you want. I can’t be arsed.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Yeh, the traction difference between 40+ lap hards and new softs would be colossal.
yeh there is just no contest, I've just watched the last lap again, you can clearly see the Merc is the faster car but as soon as they went around the last few corners Max had pulled way ahead.
I mean he won by over 2 seconds having started the lap behind Hamilton

Soldato
not wanting to start a war with you but I don't see Hamilton nearly overtaking him twice.
I see Hamilton almost take him on the straight but as soon as the corner comes up those 40 lap old tyres just stood no chance against MVs fresh tyres, Max was miles ahead of him, even if LH had edged ahead of him at the start of the corner MV would have overtaken him back on the same corner 1/10 later
i said almost. he was beating max on the straights a few times mate

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Hamilton almost overtook him twice on old tyres!!!
The thing that stinks about that video?

Max's engineer coming on and telling him that all cars infront of him will be moved and everyone behind him won't. Zero reply from Max as he was probably thinking how his Christmas, birthday, wedding and anniversary all came at once.

Caporegime

Max's engineer coming on and telling him that all cars infront of him will be moved and everyone behind him won't. Zero reply from Max as he was probably thinking how his Christmas, birthday, wedding and anniversary all came at once.

Such a massive load of ****. Its honestly the biggest fix to the end of a sporting event i have ever witnessed.

Soldato
Yeh, the traction difference between 40+ lap hards and new softs would be colossal.

I read a comment on Instagram yesterday someone that blew my mind... They actually posted that Lewis on 40+ lap hards and Max on new softs made the cars equal and fair as the RB isn't as fast as the Mercedes. Mental... Luckily I've given up posting/arguing with idiots on social media and I'm strictly read only these days. :D

Caporegime

The going onto softs as well. Even Horner's weird message saying you only need 1 lap. It just amazes me how this is being swept under the carpet. I haven't seen so much injustice and matching fixing on this level in my lifetime. The problem is it seems all the major media outlets are frightened to say anything and Lewis is worried he will come off bad trying to appeal it.

Soldato
Another big take away from this... Jesus Ted what happened to you? Used to be so informative and level headed when he was on ITV and now it's like he's come kid on haribo. Channel 4 commentary / show much better (although they are getting worse - every single time there is a good race its like "omg best. season. ever...".

Caporegime
The going onto softs as well. Even Horner's weird message saying you only need 1 lap. It just amazes me how this is being swept under the carpet. I haven't seen so much injustice and matching fixing on this level in my lifetime. The problem is it seems all the major media outlets are frightened to say anything and Lewis is worried he will come off bad trying to appeal it.

We've come to an age where everyone has to have a contrary or alternative opinion on something, even if it is objective fact, or can objectively only be logically seen in one way.

That is a massive problem with the media (and people in general) at the moment

Soldato
Lets be honest. Ignoring what happened on Sunday. I think most people would rather not see a race end on a parade lap with SC bringing them all in, doubly so for a close race.

Which matters not one...single...bit. Everyone wants to see great cup finals at Wembley, yet they tend to be boring 1-0 affairs closely contested with minimal goals. That does not mean you throw procedures and rules out the window to get a spectacle. There would be uproar. Apparently F1 is a different beast now and can be manipulated as they deem fit "for the fans". Real "fans" would rather see fairness and would accept it fine if it came in under SC as the race was already played out frankly. Hamilton had won.

Soldato

I notice this a lot. A lot of fence sitters among the pundits and presenters when it comes to the FIA and stewarding/race control. Not sure why they are so scared to speak their true minds, as you can sure as heck see they do when it comes to bias towards Rb or Merc and Lewis or Max. Look at Couthard, Webber, Di Resta and I have to see even Brundle (as much as I like and respect him) clearly wanted Max to win. Isn't it ironic that the one person that seems to speak pretty fairly and truthfully is Nico Rosberg (the old snake) when it comes to reflecting on Lewis and Max.

I don't know why someone doesn't come on live on air and say that the FIA and Stewarding has been **** all season and is completely unacceptable. You can't be fined for saying that. Horner got fined for having a pop at a Marshall but that's different entirely. Pundits are allowed to state an opinion on the officating. That's what they are there for. Yet they all sit on the fence. It's bizarre. Sky presenter dude does his best to stir it up and present the questions, but you can see the responses are very calculated and careful from the likes of Brundle, Jenson, Hill etc.

Associate
Another big take away from this... Jesus Ted what happened to you? Used to be so informative and level headed when he was on ITV and now it's like he's come kid on haribo. Channel 4 commentary / show much better (although they are getting worse - every single time there is a good race its like "omg best. season. ever...".

I cringe every time he speaks. I used to watch all of his pre-season testing and pre-race notebook sessions, but now he just shouts and screams like some Minecraft Youtuber.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I don't take much from that. Max had enough of a buffer to pit under the SC without losing a position, he'd obviously take the softest compound available (fastest).

Horner saying they needed 1 lap is just them begging for a restart because they knew if it finished under the SC Max would lose the title.

Caporegime
Which matters not one...single...bit. Everyone wants to see great cup finals at Wembley, yet they tend to be boring 1-0 affairs closely contested with minimal goals. That does not mean you throw procedures and rules out the window to get a spectacle. There would be uproar. Apparently F1 is a different beast now and can be manipulated as they deem fit "for the fans". Real "fans" would rather see fairness and would accept it fine if it came in under SC as the race was already played out frankly. Hamilton had won.

This. Why on earth is it up to Masi to manipulate drama?

Christ, we had more drama than most F1 races throughout the first 52 laps. We had Hamilton beating Max off the line, an almost coming together on the first lap, Perez doing his teammate bit and an exciting battle with Hamilton, a virtual safety car that gave Max the faintest of hopes (although it turns out Lewis was till mighty on the older tyres), and then a crash and safety car at the end.

Masi didn't need to throw the rule book out and hand Max the title for "drama". The race was done and it was exciting enough as it was.

Associate
I don't know why someone doesn't come on live on air and say that the FIA and Stewarding has been **** all season and is completely unacceptable. You can't be fined for saying that. Horner got fined for having a pop at a Marshall but that's different entirely. Pundits are allowed to state an opinion on the officating. That's what they are there for. Yet they all sit on the fence. It's bizarre. Sky presenter dude does his best to stir it up and present the questions, but you can see the responses are very calculated and careful from the likes of Brundle, Jenson, Hill etc.

I wish we could get the BBC team back, with Coulthard, etc. I enjoying listening to opinions from ex-drivers but Sky is useless, although they have gotten better with the Merc dominance - I think they're also happy to see a real challenge for once.

Associate

RB had pit advantage, again, because Bottas was nowhere in the team fight, so Lewis couldn't risk a pit. Toto also asked the FIA for no SC on the prior incident; they're just doing their job and trying to get whatever advantage they can.

People need to remove their tinfoil hat when it comes to the teams conspiring. FIA has proven incompetence multiple times this season, and I'm sure there is a mandate from Liberty to keep things interesting.

Caporegime
I notice this a lot. A lot of fence sitters among the pundits and presenters when it comes to the FIA and stewarding/race control. Not sure why they are so scared to speak their true minds, as you can sure as heck see they do when it comes to bias towards Rb or Merc and Lewis or Max. Look at Couthard, Webber, Di Resta and I have to see even Brundle (as much as I like and respect him) clearly wanted Max to win. Isn't it ironic that the one person that seems to speak pretty fairly and truthfully is Nico Rosberg (the old snake) when it comes to reflecting on Lewis and Max.

I get the impression that most of them have known Masi for a long time are friends with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom