Poll: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021, Yas Island - Race 22

Rate the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten. If you want. I can’t be arsed.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Which strategy call? Pit the car for new tyres when the race will finish under SC?

If they had asked for 1 lap of racing after doing that, pretty sure I know what Masi would say.

the whole race Strategy, Lewis’ tyres where what 43 laps old? If they pit under the VSC those extra 20 laps he could have fought against. Then a 2nd chance to pit under the SC.

I wasn’t routing for either, as I said before Masi would be getting grief no matter what he done. I’m no rule expert we can leave that down to the FIA and mercs appeal.

Soldato
the whole race Strategy, Lewis’ tyres where what 43 laps old? If they pit under the VSC those extra 20 laps he could have fought against. Then a 2nd chance to pit under the SC.

I wasn’t routing for either, as I said before Masi would be getting grief no matter what he done. I’m no rule expert we can leave that down to the FIA and mercs appeal.

Everything that happened prior to the last SC was irrelevant though. He would still have had old hard tyres against new softs.

Caporegime

You don't need to be a rule expert.

Masi just made them up.

If the regulations were followed, Lewis would have won.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

The only way this could taste worse is if Tsnouda or Gasly was the one who chucked it in the wall.

I don’t blame Merc for lodging a protest. It would have been the same if RB lost like this.

Masi had an easy get-out-of-jail-free card, had he followed the rules. In fact, I wouldn’t have been happy but they equally could have let the cars remain in position and just blue flagged them out of the way, but he’s screwed the pooch with this call.

Caporegime
Agreed, not great for anyone.

Why not?

The title was given to Max by Masi making up a rule off the top of his head?

I'd much rather the rules were followed and it was given back to Lewis than just awarded to Max on the whims of the imaginary rules that come into the race directors head.

beh

beh

Associate
Both drivers deserved it but to win like that is dissappointing. Was obviously going to be a relatively easy overtake for Verstappen after that set up.

This is going to be pretty toxic. Owners of F1 will be happy with the drama but for anyone that's been following the sport for a while it's starting to feel a bit tarnished.

Soldato
The thing is, I believe Lewis should have given the place back right at the start. Kind of evened out in the end, not like that's a good way for the race to be decided.

Handing back the place wouldn’t have made any difference, Lewis was outpacing Max at that point, like he’s was for a good 80-90% of the race. Also do you not agree that Max did not leave any space with his lunge and forced Lewis off the track (yet again)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom