Acceptable to hit someone with a whip when they're grabbing your horse?

Soldato
I don't know if the BBC want to report that the horse allegedly charged them where the video is not massively incriminating. I would imagine the BBC would want to avoid having the rider take action against them for saying something like that.

Soldato
no? :confused: but any time you go into countryside with a pack of hounds, quads, spades, shotguns, dressed in swanky attire, riding a horse and tooting a horn then, ye, you're going fox hunting. Look, there's plausible deniability that might stand up in a court, because you have to prove beyond reasonable doubt that they were definitely going fox hunting.. but they ****ing were, weren't they?
Or you know they could be drag hunting which is legal and doesn't involve fox's. How do you know it was a fox hunt and not a drag hunt which doesn't involve any animals.

Caporegime
she's got some anger management issues, basically assaulting a camera person in that other video too (albeit just a bit of pushing/shoving rather than whipping)

Soldato
Protesters are totally incendiary. As I said before both groups are snobs. People tend to hate each other at this level as they are fundamentally alike. A few different paths here and there and it would be the current sabs hunting and visa versa.

Caporegime
OP
Wow, way more sympathy for the plebeians here than I expected from this situation.

Someone dangerously accosting your pet on private property deserves jail, let alone a few wacks with a whip. At least then they'd get a shower.

Soldato
That's a common myth. Hounds bite the back of the fox's neck by instinct, and their jaws are strong enough to break it instantly. Death is immediate. Unlike cats, hounds don't toy with their prey. The chances of a fox being 'torn apart whilst alive' are extremely slim.

Firstly, ********. Secondly, lets make you run for your life whilst we hunt you down to kill you. You wont experience any stress or suffering though, because when we catch you we'll just cut your throat quickly. Frankly, I don't see how you'd suffer at all!

Soldato
There seems to be bit of confusion between drag vs trail hunting.

Drag hunting is a legitimate sport that dates back hundreds of years and uses an artificial scent such as aniseed which the hounds are specifically trained to pursue. There's no reason to oppose this sort of hunting.

Trail hunting on the other hand has been invented since the ban and uses trained fox hounds to pursue a real scent (from urine) and is carried out in areas where traditionally they hunted live foxes in the past. There's plenty of evidence, expert opinion and failed court cases that suggest trail hunting is nothing more than a cover for the real thing. This is why hunt saboteurs monitor hunts.

Thanks. I had been confusing the term. I meant trail hunting in my earlier posts in that case.

Associate
Not that it matters really, the incident last week was supposed to be a drag meeting but the presence of terrier-men would suggest otherwise. They clearly need policing all the time and with the Police unwilling to do anything it's up the the sabs to do so and I fully support them in that.

An ideal scenario would be if they allowed a independent monitor to attend and follow all meetings but I can't see that happening ever. If they've got nothing to hide...

Back
Top Bottom