Acer 8371/3810 Owners Thread

So glad to hear that others have had the backlight problem. I have a 3810TG. I've contacted Acer and they're saying it's out of warranty and will charge me £55 just to send it back to them. I also bought mine from IT 24/7 in December 2010. It can't be out of warranty that quick, can it?

How do I get this issue sorted without paying?

So glad to hear that others have had the backlight problem. I have a 3810TG. I've contacted Acer and they're saying it's out of warranty and will charge me £55 just to send it back to them. I also bought mine from IT 24/7 in December 2010. It can't be out of warranty that quick, can it?

How do I get this issue sorted without paying?

get a copy of your invoice that says you bought it in december, send a copy to them and they will update your warranty as such.

i just emailed them a scan of my invoice and dispatch note and the warranty on my laptop was updated.

They should have said on the phone that you could do that. The guy I spoke to gave me the email address to send the PDF too

Yes you can.... Just need to change the value of an integer in one of the files that is used to flash...

Thanks for replying -- how would I do this? I would guess it would be a bit more complicated then simply changing the filename?

Although I don't think it would solve my problem anyway since going from official to custom didn't change anything...But I guess it would be worth a try!

just installed Win7 (64) and Its showing a lot less battery life on full battery ( 3hrs 17mins @85% ) normally get more under vista is that normal?

Where is the finger scanner software for win7 ?

just installed Win7 (64) and Its showing a lot less battery life on full battery ( 3hrs 17mins @85% ) normally get more under vista is that normal?

Where is the finger scanner software for win7 ?

Mine got better after acer serviced it but was like that before....

Also the drivers are on the acer support site :)

Have had W7 pro on mine since I bought it and battery life has been excellent. depending on what I'm doing I can run it off battery for the entire day at work if I'm just using it to remote desktop else where while connected to wifi and with two thirds brightness.

As for the fingerprint scanner, the driver and software package is on the Acer website under W7 drivers. I tried it when I first got the laptop and it worked fine but it annoyed me because it took the focus away from the password box on the login screen so I couldn't just type my password in, I had to select the box first then type my password. it's like it was forcing me to use the fingerprint reader lol I uninstalled the software but left the driver

Thanks for the response. That's the first thing I tried and it didnt work. Has anyone gotten this problem where cancelling the biometric security setting before entering a password leading to a bios locked by password?

Ok I actually got mine working at least. All I did was to select system settings multiple times. So just keep trying it and it should pop up. I clicked cancel too and now it works. It seems that it halts trying to run because it needs your fingerprint but if you did not enter one then it should work.

Also, does anyone know how to unlock all the options in the modded bios since everyting seems to be in grey i.e. meaning that I can't touch anything apart from the switchable graphics thanks/

MODIFIED BIOS 1.28 FOR VISTA IS HERE ! :)

NOTE THIS IS FOR ACER TRAVELMATE 8371 AND ACER TRAVELMATE 8371G MODELS ONLY

Sorry its so late , i've been away and been busy.

This Modified bios is the same as before except it doesnt have SLIC2.1 in it (which means it will work with VISTA and you will still be activated.)

It has all the advanced options in the bios (have to set user access level to FULL in bios) to access them all.
Also has Intel Only and ATI only option as well as BOTH from bios.

And modified FAN table to stop the noise on battery and AC power.

DOWNLOAD LINK - http://www.mediafire.com/?d97frvjkyr3hoev

BTW You can flash this bios directly from Windows on top of any other bios version you have. Just follow the readme

(NOTE: If you are using Windows 7 download my previous bios I posted a while ago on here. You don't need this one! )

Let me know if it works ok ? :)

Hi, I was wondering if you or any one else could help me. Basically after installing this everything is greyed out apart from user switchable graphics. The user access level that you mention is greyed out so I cannot change it. Therefore I can make no changes what-so-ever apart from the switchable graphics.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Hey everyone,

Been a while since I've posted but I'm starting to have problems with my Acer 8371.

I flashed the BIOS a long time ago and all was well, but now I'm starting to see the laptop get very hot, with working temperatures of around 60+ when using the dedicated graphics. This is making it very uncomfortable as a "laptop".

I'm going to switch to the integrated and hopefully the temps should drop a bit, but at the same time I don't want to lose performance.

The vents at the sides are never covered, I do try and give the laptop as much room to breath as possible. Also I thought the laptop was fitted with "skin cooling intel laminar wall jets" :O

Cheers,
Matt

Mines is still alive and working. Considering what to do with mines though, All I use it for is browsing mainly so I may sell it and get an Ipad or similar.

I have quite old 3810 ...

Mine came with Vista, and after ugrading to win7 touch sensitive buttons above keybaor stopped working ( wifi on/off etc)

am not able to find software/drivers for it...can any one help ?
Thanks

Just sold my 8371, cracking wee laptop and spanked the netbook I had before (HP Mini 311) but not been travelling as much and finding I just use it for the internet, music and movies so likely to replace it with a tablet of some kind.

Back
Top Bottom