Acer 8371/3810 Owners Thread

Can anyone point me to the correct drivers for the ati gfx? Everyone i seem to be using states its either not compatible or I get really crappy performance.

I was in a similar position when i got the laptop over a year ago, and tried various drivers. The drivers I settled on and still have installed are

AMD Catalyst 11.4 Released including Mobility Radeon 11.4 (I think)

There might be newer drivers now but these have worked fine and given decentish game performance. I also updated to the russian modified bios that overclocks the gfx card.

Catalyst control panel says

Driver packaging version: 8.841-110405a-116956C-ATI
Catalyst Version: 11.4
Catalyst Control Centre Version: 2011.0405.2218.38205

Give them a whirl if you havent already

Hi guys...

my first post here :)

ive just acquired e36Ads old 8371 :)

managed to OC the GPU

but the CPU wont overclock when i double click the OC_RTM875T_250.exe,

tmpOC_RTM875T_250.exe appears for a few seconds then goes...

and thats all that happens the FSB stays at 200 :/

any help would be great.

i cant get in the bios just yet as its passworded and im waiting for the previous owner to get back to me if that makes any difference.....

i do believe it has the modded bios

thanks

kirk

Hi guys...

my first post here :)

ive just acquired e36Ads old 8371 :)

managed to OC the GPU

but the CPU wont overclock when i double click the OC_RTM875T_250.exe,

tmpOC_RTM875T_250.exe appears for a few seconds then goes...

and thats all that happens the FSB stays at 200 :/

any help would be great.

i cant get in the bios just yet as its passworded and im waiting for the previous owner to get back to me if that makes any difference.....

i do believe it has the modded bios

thanks

kirk
Can't you just remove the BIOS battery to reset the p/w?

Evening guys,

I recently installed an SSD:

http://www.misco.co.uk/Product/193944/SanDisk-128GB-Internal-2-5inch-SATA-Solid-State-Drive (not from misco)

Now, my temps seem to be higher than before, I keep hearing my fan kick in at 60-C

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5pjz59mxay9vai7/temp.png click to zoom in (dropbox being strange!)

Could somebody help?

What's the normal range and levels?

I hate hearing the fan, I did install something off here when I first bought the laptop and haven't heard much noise from it since, but now this is starting to annoy me!

Cheers,
Matt

Last edited:
hi Guys,
Bought 3G minicard for mine 3810T (thanks to post from dragonuk on here saying that it has sim card slot :) )

got it working after long while in finding drivers for this dell mini card...

now need antenna...for both gps and 3g.
any ideas from where I could get them and how to connect them ? ( get them connected to minicard is not a problem)

Bios is version 1.28

It was created by a russian person called mask89 and they seem to know a lot more what they are doing compared to me. So I think its better than my modded bios. I am using it personally.

There is 3 folders in the .zip you download. Each contains a bios. You only need to flash the one you want.

JM31_FAN - This is all the tweaks but without Graphics overclocking or booting from card reader
JM31_FAN_GPU-OC - Same as above but with added ATI Graphics overclocking
JM31_FAN_GPU-OC_CR - Same as above but with added support for booting from a card reader and ATI Graphics Overclocking

DOWNLOAD FOR TIMELINE 3810 - http://rghost.net/5595411

DOWNLOAD FOR TRAVELMATE 8371 - http://rghost.net/5697221

Hello,

unfortunately the file for the Acer 8371 (BIOS_Acer_TM_8371_1.28_patch.rar) is not availible for download anymore and I cannot find it in the russian forum either.

Could anybody please reupload the file or tell me, how I could modify the 3810 bios to work on the 8371?

I have been using an older version of the modified 1.28 Bios uploaded by dragonuk in this forum in the past, but after upgrading some hardware (replacing hdd with ssd and a memory upgrade), I cannot use the overclocking features proggy anymore. I am hoping that I might get around this problem by updating the Bios to the version mentionend above.

Hello,

unfortunately the file for the Acer 8371 (BIOS_Acer_TM_8371_1.28_patch.rar) is not availible for download anymore and I cannot find it in the russian forum either.

Could anybody please reupload the file or tell me, how I could modify the 3810 bios to work on the 8371?

I have been using an older version of the modified 1.28 Bios uploaded by dragonuk in this forum in the past, but after upgrading some hardware (replacing hdd with ssd and a memory upgrade), I cannot use the overclocking features proggy anymore. I am hoping that I might get around this problem by updating the Bios to the version mentionend above.

Hi I think I have this sitting on my HDD so will upload and PM you once I do and make the link available here too.

On another note I'm thinking of selling my acer 8371 it's very good condition and never suffered any issues, what now is the market value.

@it

I'm running the modified bios from dragonuk's post here:- http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=20077102&postcount=863

I have a 3810TG and i'm using "JM31 FAN" bios for the tweaks and the switchable graphics options.
When i have the grahics set to "Intel only" in the bios everything works fine but i cant get the HDMI output working, nothing happens when i plug the laptop into my TV.
The drivers are reported as 8.652.1.0

If i switch to the ATI card (ATI only or switchable) then i can get the HDMI working fine via the ATI card.

My first thought is is that the HDMI port only works from the ATI card, anyone confirm this?

Anyone know where I can get a new keyboard for an 8371 laptop? Spilt tea on current one and after drying it, some of the keys are going crazy so it's not usable at the moment. Everything else appears fine with it.

Im interested in picking up one of these laptops, does anyone know of any decent deals around on them? Anyone doing clearance of them?

Is there a newer model equivalent of these out now?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom