ACER Monitors - my warranty hell and why you should NOT buy one

Soldato
OP
"Please contact customer services if you have a problem."
you sir are having a laugh. Quite obvious you didnt read this thread or you would have realised I did and nothing happened.
Have you not even seen the date this all happened ???

Dont worry I`m leaving this part of the forum for good. Wouldn't want any bad feeling going OCUK's way.

Associate
Just had a read through this and its shocking service. Myself have owned 2 acer monitors and using one right now.

I am looking for new monitors all the tim,e so this will put me off going ahead again with acer.

Companies are just getting worse

Associate
Nice one Henson,were your Dell replacements all good monitors mate?
I just dont get why OCUK cant sort this though,why do we have to deal directly with the monitor companies when its OCUK who have our business? i dont get it pal

Yea all the replacements were fine, 2 were replaced with brand new ones, one was a recon as it was an old model and the swap was 3 years after release. Still got it as the misses monitor and it still looks like the day I brought the original. You can't touch dell for customer care.

I agree it's shoddy really, I suspect it's to do with costs though, costs are lower for the manufacturer compared to a retailer in the shipping department I would imagine.

Edit: just remembered that I've had a Samsung onsite repaired before, they will do everything possible to not have to replace. the first panel they replaced.they messed it up and I had to have them back again, that was about 13 years ago. Not sure if much has changed though.

Last edited:
Soldato
...If a company is selling and marketing a product, especially the more expensive displays they need to sort there acts out regarding dead pixel policies etc...

Have you ever encountered Wacom's flagship drawing screen? 27" QHD, £2100, and an ISO class-2 warranty. That's 5 dead pixels per million, or 18 in total before they consider it a fault!

Another thing on my list of "would love to own but refuse to buy because of shoddy warranty standards." ISO class-2 might have been acceptable back at 1024x768 but it absolutely not right in todays QHD/4k world.

...I think I've just talked myself into spending £950 on a Dell 3014 now :(

Permabanned
Happy with my X34 but I do hope nothing goes wrong with it as they are a nightmare to deal with. I always swore I would only buy Dell after a U2713HM doorstep replacement was an amazing,hassle free experience and how all companies should handle things. Only problem was I wanted an ultrawide 3440x1440 and didnt want TN so I had to sadly leave Dell behind.Considering the amount of money we pay for these things they should be a lot better at getting things sorted but once they have sold you it they make it as hard as possible.

Last edited:
Associate
Just wanted to update on my post from above.
1st of all thanks to the Op for creating this thread, I read your logs between yourself and Acer..unbelievable I'll never touch a Acer product after reading your comments and the way you were treated,and hopefully now you're happy with your ROG.

I received my replacement Dell monitor yesterday afternoon,it's superb. No dead "stuck " pixels and very very minimal IPS glow.im well chuffed.
The service I've received from start to finish as been exemplary from both Dell and their courier UPS. They asked me a time I'd be in today to pickup the old faulty monitor,and they arrived bang on time. Other companies should take a massive look at the way Dell treats their customers..they could learn a lot from them.

Thanks Dell for making me believe that at least your company knows how to treat people.
You've got a customer now for life.
I honestly don't care if buying direct from Dell costs me a bit more money,from now on that's where il be going. In my experience at least,they deserve every penny.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Hi Guys

It is very saddening to read this forum thread, upon looking a little deeper I have been doing a little behind the scenes background work and fed this back to Acer directly. They have shed some light onto this and issued a statement.

Here is their official statement on this situation:

“Acer UK has made significant steps forward in its aftercare service offering and we have recognised an issue with one of our processes on monitor … At that time we were using a specific 3rd party to do our Monitor repairs and we have since moved away from this. We take any criticism very seriously and hence we have taken necessary action to rectify the issue. The step change that we have made is in fact a review of our authorised service partners.

In relation to this specific issue Auto-Communications were not working for any Authorised Service Partner apart from our Main Repair Centre at the time so the customer would not have got any status change emails unfortunately. This has now been rectified and our Communications Customer Satisfaction has increased as expected as a consequence of our review and action.

All Monitor repairs are being handled via our main Repair Centre now in Telford. We aim to have all products repaired and turned around within 5 days depending on spare parts (We target 95%). Our Repair Centre now is consistently 99 or 100% every week for all products combined. Our 2016 Average Net Turn Around Time for Monitor is the lowest of all products @ 0.6 days (half a day).

From a perspective of customer satisfaction we will work hand in hand with OCUK and advise that any issue such as this is escalated. We understand that we will not always get it right but we can ensure all customers that we are consistently evaluating our service offering and improving on this.”

So Acer are working very hard to do everything they can with service and warranty.

Any questions or feedback please let me know and I will forward it onto Acer :)

Bailey

Soldato
Hi Guys

It is very saddening to read this forum thread, upon looking a little deeper I have been doing a little behind the scenes background work and fed this back to Acer directly. They have shed some light onto this and issued a statement.

So Acer are working very hard to do everything they can with service and warranty.

Bailey

Anyone want to give there screen a kick to test that it has indeed got better or Acer are just talking BS ?

Associate
12 years ago I worked in acers uk repair centre (not on the repair floor) I stuck it out for 2 months in those 2 months I witnessed the worst customer service I have ever seen it was absolutely shocking I haven't bought an acer product since.....

I know it was a long time ago but sadly this thread doesn't surprise me at all.

Soldato
Hi Guys

Bailey

Hi Bailey, I bought an XB271HU from OCUK a few months ago, but it turns out the monitor has a (now) known issue where pixels from the middle of the screen can be shifted to the far left or right of the monitor occasionally, requiring the old "turn it off and on again" trick to fix it.

We have raised it with Acer here http://community.acer.com/t5/Predat...overlapping-image/td-p/418751/highlight/false - the Acer community rep has notified of a known issue and a potential fix, but it sounds like we will need to send our monitors in for the fix to be applied!

I don't have a spare screen myself, and I use mine a fair bit, having to send it it when the fault is annoying-but-not-exactly-game-breaking is not really acceptable for a top dollar monitor such as this, and i'd assume all of your recent sales on this monitor won't be fixed either.

Can OCUK weigh in on this one with Acer to see what can be done?

Caporegime
Just bumping this thread to acknowledge how utterly awful ACER still are.

See here: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=30016624&postcount=62

I think it is very important to highlight how bad they are in the hope that one day they might realise that it might be worth their while providing decent customer service and warranty support.

So far my experience with them has been utterly dreadful.

Caporegime

They definitely are not.

Nothing works on their website - warranty checker, repair status checker etc . Their live chat representatives just lie to you (perhaps not through malice, just simply because the systems that are supposed to work and that they rely on just don't work). Their response time to their "Fix my ACER" procedure on their website is too long. To top it all off, they didn't even fix the issue despite acknowledging it and claiming that they had fully tested it. It exhibits EXACTLY the same issue as it had when I sent it.

Last edited:
Associate
had talked myself into getting the Predator 4k2k XB321HK after looking through this and many other complaints about acer monitors I think I will leave it. just don't know what to do now I don't want ultrawide and wanted to try a g sync screen of 32 inch I don't think theres another option at the minute

Caporegime
had talked myself into getting the Predator 4k2k XB321HK after looking through this and many other complaints about acer monitors I think I will leave it. just don't know what to do now I don't want ultrawide and wanted to try a g sync screen of 32 inch I don't think theres another option at the minute

This is the trouble. Acer offer the right spec, often spec you cant get elsewhere.

The monitor i have has everything i want and it hard to find one with everything (height adjustable stand, vesa mount, 144hz, 1440p, adaptive sync 27 inch IPS, dvi,hdmi and dp, speakers, usb ports etc).

The trouble is their support if anything goes wrong is seemingly abysmal.

But what is the point? What is the point in not testing a product that has been sent for repaired before sending it back? You gain nothing from doing that other than a bit of time - which is then lost when the customer realises it is still broken and sends it back again.

It is such a waste of everyones time.

Last edited:
Soldato
Do we have a thread about monitor manufacturer RMA info? I remember Nelly made one for GPU's but stuff like this could be linked in such a thread. Makes me glad I stuck with Dell or Samsung.

Heck, even when I had a HannsG/Hannspree monitor RMA it wasn't as bad as the OP's experience, and this was 7-8 years ago!

Back
Top Bottom