Acer Nitro XV273KP - 4K 120/144Hz G-sync Compatable certified

Associate
Following, I've read all the pages, gorgeous monitor even if I do possess a Predator X34P and a LG 55" B8.
Somehow for my desktop position I'd like to get rid of the (sweet and perfect) X34P and go for the Nitro. :D

Soldato
From reading baddass's review on this, would I be right in assuming the best "default" gaming option is _probably_ single cable, 120hz, 8 bit with the same, 10 bit and 4:2:2 chroma if I want VRR, 10bit and high hz?

Is there any real need/point to going 10bit, if my main objective with this panel is high hz, VRR?

Have one turning up tomorrow, just making sure I set my expectations properly :D

Soldato
If I intend to play games mostly at 1440p is it worth going for a 4K monitor for films / tv etc l, is the scaler any good?

From initial testing, 1440p looks absolutely fine. I've generally noticed I'm not QUITE as picky as some so... depends on your preferences/where your bar is set.
I notice ZERO issues. No dodgy text/no bad edge to textures/etc.

You'll soon be singing its praises.

First impressions are VERY good. It's a little too heavy for my gas lift monitor arms. Otherwise, VERY happy. Was a random ebay listing so I was expecting a minor fault return (dead pixels/similar) but... see nothing.

I can get on with being smug about paying £533 for it :D

Associate
From initial testing, 1440p looks absolutely fine. I've generally noticed I'm not QUITE as picky as some so... depends on your preferences/where your bar is set.
I notice ZERO issues. No dodgy text/no bad edge to textures/etc.

First impressions are VERY good. It's a little too heavy for my gas lift monitor arms. Otherwise, VERY happy. Was a random ebay listing so I was expecting a minor fault return (dead pixels/similar) but... see nothing.

I can get on with being smug about paying £533 for it :D

8n2y.gif

Soldato
Think I shall be pulling the trigger on this next week when I’m back from a short trip... Exactly what I’ve been waiting for and good to see everyone having positive experiences with it! Part of me wants 32” but looks like that is more like end of the year at a push and god knows the price...

Associate
I'm having a weird problem with this monitor and not sure if its linked to my 1080ti.. hope someone can help.

When I set the monitor to its hdr setting (via the osd or the Acer widget) it pops very nicely and assume it to be a nice hdr. When I go into my graphic / display settings it says hdr is off (odd as screen looks amazing). So I turn on the hdr via windows and it looks awful, totally washed out and like the brightness has gone through the roof.

Do I already have hdr by setting it in the monitors osd? So by turning it via windows is having some kind of nasty double negative impact?
Same with the ps4 pro, looks nice but when I turn on hdr within settings its horrible to look at..

Any ideas as at a bit of a loss
TIA

Back
Top Bottom