Acer Nitro XV273KP - 4K 120/144Hz G-sync Compatable certified

Soldato
I’ve not tried both but I have theX27 was playing bfv with all the trimmings on and my god it was an incredible experience truely a thing of beauty in motion.

what are the negatives on the screen from your experience? how loud is the fan etc? also I notice that the X27 is presently on offer does that mean there is a new version coming soon

Soldato
what are the negatives on the screen from your experience? how loud is the fan etc? also I notice that the X27 is presently on offer does that mean there is a new version coming soon

I’ve not noticed the fan while playing games at all, after long use and once the pc is turned off you can hear the fan but it only last 10 minutes.

Hmmm it’s not as good as my oled tv, so maybe it’s taken away from the wow factor a little, but on the plus seeing games at 4k above 60hz is an incredible experience.

Also there’s not much about it online from other user, I’d be interested to know the details of all the pre-sets I guess it’s not a product for the massives.

Not heard of a new one coming but maybe they want to shift them as there very expensive and it’s the fald that adds the cost on these screens.

I still need more time with it works been crazy but I’ll be enjoying metro soon on it :)

Soldato
I’ve not noticed the fan while playing games at all, after long use and once the pc is turned off you can hear the fan but it only last 10 minutes.

Hmmm it’s not as good as my oled tv, so maybe it’s taken away from the wow factor a little, but on the plus seeing games at 4k above 60hz is an incredible experience.

Also there’s not much about it online from other user, I’d be interested to know the details of all the pre-sets I guess it’s not a product for the massives.

Not heard of a new one coming but maybe they want to shift them as there very expensive and it’s the fald that adds the cost on these screens.

I still need more time with it works been crazy but I’ll be enjoying metro soon on it :)

OK thanks, would appreciate some more feedback once you've played with it more. I'm struggling to decide on a monitor for a new PC and I can't buy one without the other lol

Soldato
OK thanks, would appreciate some more feedback once you've played with it more. I'm struggling to decide on a monitor for a new PC and I can't buy one without the other lol

Ok m8 I’ll be sending more time with it this week I’m using a 2080ti with it.
I’ll report back

Most reviews favoured the predator over the asus, even though there very similar.

Associate
Having a strange flicker up my screen always about halfway up

FPS is 148 and gsync 120 is on is this as FPS to high I've never had it before and had 200 FPS on a 165hz screen

Or does this sound like a fault . Not running the 144hz atm as wanted another monitor plugged in

Associate
It's really off putting I've never seen it before .
The options I have atm Is just gsync on I've tried it at both 120/144hz my FPS is over 120 always so gysnc hasn't really come into play I guess

I will further test tomorrow is there a way to test this or eliminate

Associate
May have found culprit

If monitor hasn't had settings saved to a profile then gsync is off u actually have to save the settings manually.

I noticed this morning that on rainbow 6 operator selection I was getting black flickers but fps counter was around 700 ( I have no idea why menu fps are not limited (

In game I set everything to max so it dropped below one 120 fps and had gsync on and in Nvidia control panel I changed everything to aplliacatap controlled.

I noted in the two games I Hadi had no issues

I'm going to try all low settings tonight to push in game FPS higher than refresh to check if that what I was seeing.

And then test 144hz and see what happens it's like the image is in the wrong place for a second if that makes sense .I have you tube screen tearing but it's not as extreme as the videos

Associate
G Sync version reviewed

https://www.tomshardware.co.uk/acer-predator-xb273k-4k-144hz-gaming-monitor-hdr,review-34752.html

”We consider this display to be reference-level for HDR content.”

“Input lag is also very low and manages to just edge out the X27 and PG27UQ displays”

“The unexpected bonus comes in the form of that professional-level color accuracy. We don’t expect gaming monitors to deliver such precise color, but the XB273K comes ready for critical applications right out of the box. There was no point in even attempting a calibration pass. ”

Last edited:
Associate
Still curious to see if nVidia Freesync really does work on this with 2 DP cables attached (to allow 144hz, full RGB etc), wish we could get confirmation.

The TFT Central review says that freesync does not work when running with 2 displayport cables, unless you mean when not running at 144hz with them both connected?

Associate
hi u can get it to work at 144hz . how acurate it as i dont know but going of the fps counter and refresh rate it does move up and down.

i could try and do a video with shadow play so someone could vertify who knows more than i do i got a explanation off a youtube video lol

BSD Gaming3 weeks ago
You can use 144hz also on G-Sync without setting freesync on. Go to settings systeem turn DP2 on , set freesync on. Go to graphics card set G- Sync on. Go back to settings systeem. Set 4K 144HZ on DP2. After you get back screen on the monitor go back to settings systeem. Set DP1 on. Go back to graphics card. Now you can see that you have G-Sync 4K - 144 Hz.

totallydubbedHD
3 weeks ago
That doesn't sound right

BSD Gaming
3 weeks ago
@totallydubbedHD What can I say. My G-Sync is on and my resolution is 4K 144Hz on the settings Nvidia. My freesync is not on.

totallydubbedHD
3 weeks ago
@BSD Gaming Very, very odd lol.

BSD Gaming
3 weeks ago
@totallydubbedHD Because you say " that doesn't sound right " I try it three times in a row and every time it works. From DP2 is my freesync on. I set 4k 144hz on. I chance DP2 to DP1. From that moment is DP1 closed. You can not go back to DP2. The only way is if you set 4k 144hz of. Freesync is now of but you have G sync on. I get every time notification that G-Sync is on from windows. I check it out on Nvidia Settings G-Sync is on and i have 4k 144hz. I can use also the VRB what does not work if freesync is on. The only thing is that i can not chance DP format. I have noticed after the update Nvidia that when i use shadowplay recording gameplay 4k 60fps and upload it to YouTube that the video after 8 hours stil 360p is. I don't know what the problem with that is. Before the update there was no problem.
Read more

totallydubbedHD
3 weeks ago
@BSD Gaming sweet! Didn't work for me haha!

TRbeybifeyz
2 weeks ago
@BSD Gaming just bought that beast. but my one is out of the box at dp1 (2 dp connected) / free sync off / gsync on / 144hz is on osd monitor and on nvidia control panel. so i dont get why you switch to p2 and back to p1?

BSD Gaming
2 weeks ago
@TRbeybifeyz Otherwise I can not chance to 144hz if I stay on dp2. I have only 144hz on dp1. dp2 max 120hz. So don't set HDR on or you have 120hz and G-Sync of.

TRbeybifeyz
2 weeks ago
@BSD Gaming strange, despite i have 2 dp's connected. the monitor menu showing me at the input only dp1 and not dp2 . when i swipe in the input options, i only see dp 1 / hdmi 1 / hdmi 2. seems either i do something terrible wrong or every user has a different experience. i am totally lost here.

BSD Gaming
2 weeks ago
@TRbeybifeyz No no that is good. Dp2 is locked together with Dp1. That is why you don't see Dp2 in settings. That is why you have now 144hz with G- Sync. Under imput options you can find 4K 144hz & that is on. When that is of you have DP1 & DP2 under imput settings. But don't do that! Your settings are good

TRbeybifeyz
2 weeks ago
@BSD Gaming today i turned on the hdr to check and noted that my gsync option in nvidia menu dissappered. i turned off hdr and resetted everything but gsync didnt come back. any ideas?

BSD Gaming
2 weeks ago
@TRbeybifeyz I warned you. Now start the process. On settings ACER see that 4K 144Hz is of. If that is okay set freesync on & imput DP2 on. After that you get normal a message from nvidia that G-Sync is on. Go to Nvidia settings. Check or the G-Sync is on and that it is 120hz . When that is okay. Go to settings and set 4K 144Hz on ONLY IN DP2. After that you get again from Nvidia a message that G-Sync is on. Now the final thing that you have to do. From DP2 you go back to DP1. After that DP2 is locked with DP1 together. Now you have normaal back 144hz with G-Sync.

TRbeybifeyz
2 weeks ago
@BSD Gaming thank you so much for trying to help. its not nice from acer not to guide users on this issue. anyway, i followed your steps, i am back at dp1 and have gysync on but only getting 120hz. i hope i wont throw the monitor out of the window at the end. what i am doing wrong?

TRbeybifeyz
2 weeks ago
one sec, i restarted my pc. all ok now. its back to 144 hz with gsync on! i hope acer will hear you. they should contact you and thank you personally. anycase m8, thank you very much for the great help!

BSD Gaming
2 weeks ago
@TRbeybifeyzYour welcome . I'm happy for you that it works again Stay of the HDR OF now. It's not worth it. You can always make me happy with a sub on my channel if you like.

Back
Top Bottom