Acer Nitro XV273KP - 4K 120/144Hz G-sync Compatable certified

Associate
I ordered this monitor 2 days ago, got it for 750 euros so I think it was a nice deal. Can someone please confirm that it's possible to use Freesync and HDR at the same time. Thank you in advance!

BR,
Sybase

Soldato
I'm really enjoying mine. There's a bit of IPS glow in the top left but I'm playing Borderlands 2 in 4K at max settings at up to 120 fps with no tearing. Wild movements of the trackball drop me to 70+ fps as displayed by the monitor fps / Hz counter.

Soldato
I'm really enjoying mine. There's a bit of IPS glow in the top left but I'm playing Borderlands 2 in 4K at max settings at up to 120 fps with no tearing. Wild movements of the trackball drop me to 70+ fps as displayed by the monitor fps / Hz counter.

Thanks for mentioning this one in another thread.

I'm wondering though if price wasn't an issue would the Predator X27 or Asus PG27UG be better? Any advantages/disadvantages?? I'm edging one of those as they claim 99% adobe RGB so best of both worlds?

Associate
Had mine running for about 40hrs on the weekend mainly r6 seige . Sold my pg29q yesterday as this even scaled down to 1440 p has a better image/colour.

Also gsync works at 4k 144hz when using two display ports cables.i found this from a guy called bsd gaming on YouTube and can confirm it works. Or at least looks to work going by the osd display refresh rate and the games FPS counter also gysnc shows on the desktop where as originally at 4k 144,Hz it doesnt only 120hz

I have tried HDR at 1440p only but tbh the only game I have for that was bf5 and I preferred the 4k image Vs the better colours at 1440p

I'm happy enough do far

Associate
I'm wondering though if price wasn't an issue would the Predator X27 or Asus PG27UG be better? Any advantages/disadvantages?? I'm edging one of those as they claim 99% adobe RGB so best of both worlds?

No because they need their own fans and only reach their max refresh rate through overclock. That’s not even mentioning the issues some users had.

Soldato
Why are these top end monitors from the manufacturers so damn hard to find? they're never in stock anywhere.

..are there really that many people with a grand (or more) to spend, on a monitor?

Associate
Is it worth getting one of these over the 1440p 144hz screens of most gaming will be 1440p with some esports games at 4K?

Does it have better qc than those monitors?

Associate
Is it worth getting one of these over the 1440p 144hz screens of most gaming will be 1440p with some esports games at 4K?

Does it have better qc than those monitors?

I upgraded from a 1440p 165hz I've not noticed any loss in quality if anything it still looks better at 1440p.
I don't know how sensitive you are personally but I carnt tell any difference input wise.

I'm on a 2080ti and 8700k I can only report on seige and bf5 but 4k u can play at 144hz on those .

I do have a fair few games so I could report back if it's a couple in particular your interested in

On a side note @ quartz do u know why there is a flap in the top off the top monitor surround ...what's its purpose ???

Associate
Fifa, shadow of the tomb raider and ac odyssey are what I’m playing atm, what is the freesync range like and does it work well as I have a 2080 and might push 4K in some titles but a solid 60 is very unlikely

Associate
OP
freesync range is officially 48 to 120, with frame doubting below 48 etc. i have not tried dual cables yet but if freesync still works than thats a nice bonus.

have been playing dirt rally today, all ultra and 100-115 fps from a 1080ti and it looks v clean.

Associate
OP
shadow of the tomb raider i have to drop a couple of settings to get average of 60 on my card, 2080 should be similar, so still a v good experience and not a problem for that style of game.

also tried 1440p hdr on shadow, so there is a compromises to be made with current screens/gpu's unless you spend silly money on the active cooled gsync screens and 2080ti...

Soldato
How well does it work with your 2080Ti, can you play on high settings and still get good FPS?

It depends on the game and the amount of activity. I generally play Borderlands 2 with all settings maxxed (dips to 70s when things get real busy), Far Cry (original) with all settings maxxed (solid 120 fps), and Doom with all settings maxxed (not sure as to the fps but I suck anyway). I never managed to get into the Witcher but even on my 3440x1440 monitor I turned Hairworks off.

I've just run the Tomb Raider reboot benchmark and got an average of 101 fps (min 78) with everything maxxed apart from AA which was off.

Back
Top Bottom