Acer Predator CG437K P - 43", 4K, 144Hz, HDR-1000

Soldato
OP
Something to be gleaned from that however... the Acer 43" (and the Asus version) will do HDR better than the LG does (poor showing for such an expensive monitor), and the advantages pointed out vs the PG35VQ (more screen real estate etc.) hold true... not to mention an even bigger price delta.

Very intrigued to see actual reviews of these 43" options... namely TFT Central and PCM... only ones I'll actually pay attention to really.

Associate
I'm looking to return my 5th, yes 5th!! C49RG90 Samsung panel, its a beautiful monitor, but the QA is horrendous, you will be lucky to get a good panel. Anyway, I'm looking forward to get this bad boy, so if anyone knows of stock, please post a link.

Associate
Is this the same panel as the Asus one, i wonder if it will be BGR as well or RGB.

I also thought it would be out by August did they announce a release date for this yet?

I was so looking forward to the Asus and the Acer and after the dissappointment the Philips one was from 2018 i was looking forward to these, why do they do BGR, is it cheaper?

Soldato
OP
Is this the same panel as the Asus one, i wonder if it will be BGR as well or RGB.

I also thought it would be out by August did they announce a release date for this yet?

I was so looking forward to the Asus and the Acer and after the dissappointment the Philips one was from 2018 i was looking forward to these, why do they do BGR, is it cheaper?

It's a slight revision of the same panel... only difference being the back-light, so it seems. No way to know if it's BGR or not though, we'll have to wait and see. I am expecting it probably will be though, in addition to the same issues the Asus had. I see no reason for it to be much different, outside typical panel to panel variations.

Associate
It's a slight revision of the same panel... only difference being the back-light, so it seems. No way to know if it's BGR or not though, we'll have to wait and see. I am expecting it probably will be though, in addition to the same issues the Asus had. I see no reason for it to be much different, outside typical panel to panel variations.
Yeah i am worried about it.

I just want a 40 inch ish monitor to be able to do some gaming and also some programming on. I am not fond of having 2 screens, nor do i like ultra wides. I was late in the original 40 inch Philips monitor bandwagon now that is 4 year old and i recall that had also some pwm issues which might cause me headaches as i spend quite some time infront of the screen. Is the BGR a huge problem? I will be having it at best at an arms distance if not closer...

Associate

I just want a 40 inch ish monitor to be able to do some gaming and also some programming on. I am not fond of having 2 screens, nor do i like ultra wides. I was late in the original 40 inch Philips monitor bandwagon now that is 4 year old and i recall that had also some pwm issues which might cause me headaches as i spend quite some time infront of the screen. Is the BGR a huge problem? I will be having it at best at an arms distance if not closer...

Yeah the headaches from the Philips 40 inch for me made it unusable as a main monitor.

Soldato
OP

BGR is not great for text legibility. If you read the TFT Central review he speaks about this in more detail.

This is a different panel to the Philips and doesn't have PWM, so shouldn't be comparable.

Associate
BGR is not great for text legibility. If you read the TFT Central review he speaks about this in more detail.

This is a different panel to the Philips and doesn't have PWM, so shouldn't be comparable.
Thank you for the link i will give it a read. The only reason why i was comparing them was because they are potential buys and their issues that dissuade me from buying them.

Associate
I find it odd how in the monitor space products are getting announced almost 6 months to a year if not more in advance before release. Compare that to mobile phones where they are announced and a few days later you get to preorder and in less than a month they are in your hand? And yes its a different area and the phones have more clientelle like TVs vs Monitors but still this takes forever. All the hype the announcement of a new monitor is getting lost after the long wait.

Associate
Well to be fair phones are subsidised on contracts. This means people upgrade more frequently then monitors. How often do you change your monitor? Not sure what the profit margins for monitors are either. Looking at the monitor forum there's a fair few that tend to buy them and test them out and send them back for no reason at all.

Associate
You make a few good points there.

I haven't changed mine since i believe it was 2007, but i think its time to update since my main tv is a 4k beast so games there look better than on my monitor.

Associate
I'm following another thread on another forum and in USA someone got told this has been deplayed till December. I am wondering if the new Asus 43 updated model and this will be released at a similar time.

Associate
It's in stock in one of the Acer official Asian stores. Its also been certified by nvidia in their latest driver. I can imagine it to be very similar to the Asus 43 4k one.

Associate
Interesting pricing on the Singapore Acer page as well. This could be THE 1 for me.

Very different to the ASUS 43 4K model with loads more input options, better HDR and more customisation.

Let’s wait for the TFT and PCM reviews. Always worth contributing to TFT reviews as a patron or per review :)

Soldato
OP
Interesting pricing on the Singapore Acer page as well. This could be THE 1 for me.

Very different to the ASUS 43 4K model with loads more input options, better HDR and more customisation.

Let’s wait for the TFT and PCM reviews. Always worth contributing to TFT reviews as a patron or per review :)

Better HDR how though? It's just a brighter back light. They are the essentially the same panel, nothing new here. If they mount it the correct way round, that's a bonus for sure, but in regards to its actual performance, it will be a bleeding miracle if it sets itself that far apart from the XG438Q. I'd love to be wrong on this... I was really looking forward to the XG438Q, and found it to be a massive let down, and I expect broadly the same from Acer... even if it improves slightly in a few marginal areas, it won't be enough.

Back
Top Bottom