Acer Predator X35 200hz HDR

Associate
just seen a press release for the new monitor. Sounds amazing. 3440x1440, HDR and 200hz. Shame as I just recently bought the X34a. I am however really happy still.

Caporegime
I can see it costing quite a bit more than the previous version, asus have a 35 inch model with the same new features coming as well. Probably talking in the region of £1200 plus.

Associate
If it does retail for £1500 I don't think I can actually justify paying £600 or so over the X34A, it just does not seem worth it.

Perhaps for ultrawide 4K it'd be worth it, but for only 100Hz increase and an extra inch?

I know a lot of guys would pay a lot of money for an extra inch but I'm not one of them!

Associate
If it does retail for £1500 I don't think I can actually justify paying £600 or so over the X34A, it just does not seem worth it.

Perhaps for ultrawide 4K it'd be worth it, but for only 100Hz increase and an extra inch?

I know a lot of guys would pay a lot of money for an extra inch but I'm not one of them!

Does the X34a have HDR?

Associate
Nope, but same applies, would I pay that much just for High Dynamic Range? Not a chance. If the TV market is anything to go by, HDR is much less of a big deal than the marketing makes it out to be.

Sorry but that's nonsense. Have you seems film with HDR? Take it from me it makes a massive difference...

Associate
OP

That's a different monitor mate.

I think I agree with what has been said so far to be honest. I picked up my X34a new for £713, absolute bargain for me at that price and I would have struggled to justify going much higher for a monitor. Would a few hundred extra be worth spending for 200hz? not for me as I couldnt hit that in the games I play anyway. For HDR? Probably not either ( have it on my 2nd pc on 4k TV and honestly, I turn it off)
That said, I do understand the addiction in wanting to have the best of the best. Most of us do have budget limits though!

Caporegime
Does HDR even work on PC?

I remember amd\nvidia bringing in the gpu version of hdr like 12 years or or more. I can't even remember the last time i noticed it being used in games. :confused: Might just be one of those effects you hardly notice as its commonplace these days?

Back
Top Bottom