Acer Predator X35 200hz HDR

Associate
I remember amd\nvidia bringing in the gpu version of hdr like 12 years or or more. I can't even remember the last time i noticed it being used in games. :confused: Might just be one of those effects you hardly notice as its commonplace these days?

That's not what monitor HDR is. You're confusing software HDR which isn't really what the hardware HDR does. Monitor HDR is basically a wider dynamic range between the darks and lights of a picture with 10 bit colour.

Destiny 2 has HDR and is out Wednesday. A few other games too like Forza.

Caporegime
That's not what monitor HDR is. You're confusing software HDR which isn't really what the hardware HDR does. Monitor HDR is basically a wider dynamic range between the darks and lights of a picture with 10 bit colour.

Destiny 2 has HDR and is out Wednesday. A few other games too like Forza.

So darker darks, brighter brights, and an upgrade of what becomes inbetween meh. If it requires coding to be effective then its probably something that will be a "thing" for a while before dropping off.

Associate
So darker darks, brighter brights, and an upgrade of what becomes inbetween meh. If it requires coding to be effective then its probably something that will be a "thing" for a while before dropping off.

Yeah I suggest you look into it further. I'm obviously not explaining it well enough as I'm pretty sure you don't get how much of a game changer HDR is.

BF1 is getting HDR update too - http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/08/...ate-announced?abthid=59a8562d1a839e473100000c

Caporegime
Yeah I suggest you look into it further. I'm obviously not explaining it well enough as I'm pretty sure you don't get how much of a game changer HDR is.

BF1 is getting HDR update too - http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/08/...ate-announced?abthid=59a8562d1a839e473100000c

I've seen footage of it running on console with hdr apparently enabled, not really seeing a massive difference tbh. It might be one of those effects that's more muted in recording until you see it live for yourself.

Permabanned
I've seen footage of it running on console with hdr apparently enabled, not really seeing a massive difference tbh. It might be one of those effects that's more muted in recording until you see it live for yourself.

You need a monitor capable of displaying HDR images to be able to see the difference.

I've watched Chappie with HDR on my 4K TV and the contrast, darks and brightness stomp my PC monitor. Really looking forward to it catching on in games and monitors.

Caporegime
You need a monitor capable of displaying HDR images to be able to see the difference.

I've watched Chappie with HDR on my 4K TV and the contrast, darks and brightness stomp my PC monitor. Really looking forward to it catching on in games and monitors.

Thats assuming it does catch on, 3d was a passing fad, triple screens was a passing fad, this could fall into that catagory.

Associate
Thats assuming it does catch on, 3d was a passing fad, triple screens was a passing fad, this could fall into that catagory.

As stated you need a HDR monitor to tell the difference. That's the whole point of buying a HDR monitor...

Doesn't sound that great from what I've read about it, I'm certainly not hankering after it.

Please link me where you found information other than HDR being a game changer? From my research (which is extensive) HDR is makes more of a difference than 4k did when compared to 1080p! Especially in movies. Now for people to say they preferred HDR THAT much as to say it was a bigger upgrade than 4k, then something must be wonderful about it. Don't ya think?

Read this for example - http://uk.businessinsider.com/4k-tv-hdr-whats-the-difference-2016-8

"HDR is the real deal"

Caporegime
As stated you need a HDR monitor to tell the difference. That's the whole point of buying a HDR monitor...

Which is like gysnc, freesync, eyefinity, etc, you need to experience it first hand as its something that cant really be demo'd otherwise. I'm struggling to see how better colours and contrast will be a "game changer", aesthetically it may look good but i'm very much doubting its going to have the impact you seem to think it will.

Associate
Which is like gysnc, freesync, eyefinity, etc, you need to experience it first hand as its something that cant really be demo'd otherwise. I'm struggling to see how better colours and contrast will be a "game changer", aesthetically it may look good but i'm very much doubting its going to have the impact you seem to think it will.

You keep denying the impact it has for professionals that know a lot more then you do and even i do when it comes to HDR.

You seem to think this is my lone personal opinion. It isn't. HDR being a game changer is an industry wide opinion. I didn't wake up one morning and decide to declare something as a game changer... not sure why you haven't read the link I posted either.

Also it has more than just contrast. There is a wider gamut range too. Talk to someone that uses photoshop on a 10bit display compared to 8 bit for example.

Caporegime
You keep denying the impact it has for professionals that know a lot more then you do and even i do when it comes to HDR.

You seem to think this is my lone personal opinion. It isn't. HDR being a game changer is an industry wide opinion. I didn't wake up one morning and decide to declare something as a game changer... not sure why you haven't read the link I posted either.

I did, it still needs to catch on with pc gamers, and with it being a "need to see it first hand" tech that's a trickier sell for the most part.

Caporegime

Well, so much for their hdr demo, they were found to be messing with the monitor settings on the "sdr" monitors to make the hdr ones look better. I remember back when dvd was rolling out that some companies were found to be using odd settings on the tv's to make the dvd look better than it was.

Associate
Because you're coming across as an aggressive so-and-so? Just because people don't agree with you doesn't mean you have to try and ram your opinion down peoples throats.

Maybe pull it back a bit eh.

It's not an opinion. Not sure why you aren't accepting facts here... if I'm coming across as areagant is likely because you're coming across as ignorant...

Last edited:
Associate

Well, so much for their hdr demo, they were found to be messing with the monitor settings on the "sdr" monitors to make the hdr ones look better. I remember back when dvd was rolling out that some companies were found to be using odd settings on the tv's to make the dvd look better than it was.

Even when factory reset the HDR looks better. Yet still you would need to be there to really understand the difference.

Not sure how more colour information and a better dynamic range means there is no difference. Anyways I'm out of here. Not got time for people being purposely ignorant.

Last edited:
Associate
I watched DF's Uncharted Lost Legacy video first in HDR and then in...not. After that assuming someone gets around to implementing it properly a HDR monitor for me is now a must. It's night and day.

Associate
What is it about this forum and maladjusted people? :confused:

Oh the humanity!!! What are you a paid shill for hdr or something? Incredible to see someone get so butthurt over a technology you need to see in person to notice any real benefits.

You do realise that the information is out there for you to see. You refuse to see it and go on to say that because you cant see the difference on your NON hdr monitor you wont accept there is a difference. Isn't that a little insane? It's akin to refusing to believe in global warming, refusing to accept the world is round because you can't see it with your own eyes and being purposely ignorant to the facts on paper that tell you otherwise. Think about how you come across yourselves.

Back
Top Bottom