Acer Predator XB271HUA

Soldato
Yeah I'm still deciding whether to cancel my preorder or not, i have a feeling the pixel inversion thing might bug me. But i could be in for a long wait for a 1440p monitor that doesn't have any type of issue like that. Bit disappointing tbh.

Would definitely recommend the 'see for yourself' approach to that as it may not be an issue for you at all. Especially if you can sit yourself so the eyes are >70cm from the screen.

Soldato
Would definitely recommend the 'see for yourself' approach to that as it may not be an issue for you at all. Especially if you can sit yourself so the eyes are >70cm from the screen.

I actually cancelled it, for now anyway. Still no stock information or anything anywhere by the looks of it. I can always re-order it later if i need to.

If it wasn't for that little niggle with the pixel inversion, i would probably keep it 100%. I just don't think i should move from a screen that doesn't have that to one that does.

I'll probably be in for a long wait now though for one guaranteed to not have anything like that :(

Suspended
Don't fancy that IPS glow at all, can't see me being bothered since I've used TN for a while now anyway.

I think you will love it, I know I do. Just sit with a smile and enjoy Doom with what I can see perfect colours and NO pixel inversion here :)

On the Rog that I sold way back I could see that nasty inversion artifacts and the grainy coating.
This new Acer is on another level with crisp clear coating and as said no artifacts.

This one will definetly be a keeper until the HDR monitors will come out.

Btw, I cant stand IPS eaiter, way to much smearing and that aweful glow. TN is unbeatable for the moment IMHO ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
On the Rog that I sold way back I could see that nasty inversion artifacts and the grainy coating.
This new Acer is on another level with crisp clear coating and as said no artifacts.
The artifacts with pixel inversion are still there though apparently because of the panel used, maybe it's more subtle on your screen so you haven't noticed it yet?

Associate
Looking back at replies, Mike has got the:

XB270HUDBMIPRZ

Not the:

XB271HUA

They look completely different, but might be the same panel? No idea.

Suspended
Looking back at replies, Mike has got the:

XB270HUDBMIPRZ

Not the:

XB271HUA

They look completely different, but might be the same panel? No idea.

Yeah thats right:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/acer...descreen-led-monitor-black-red-mo-108-ac.html

We can safely say thay have confusing names as they allmost are the same :eek:

I wonder that myself about the panel, I think it's the same panel but I cant be sure. The one I got cant even be seen on Acer's own website, kinda crazy!

The artifacts with pixel inversion are still there though apparently because of the panel used, maybe it's more subtle on your screen so you haven't noticed it yet?

Yeah it may be so, I have looked for it but it cant be seen, as on the Rog it was there very clearly. Can it have something to do with the updated g-sync gen 2 maybe ?
I dont have a clue, but it surely feels good not to seen that dreaded pixel inversion!

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
I wouldn't worry about IPS glow unless it's extreme. I've had plenty of IPS screens. Some had pretty bad glow, but it all was meaningless because it was pretty much impossible to see unless I literally looked for it, in a pitch black room and a dark background. And even then, it didn't bother me that much. Only 1 or 2 IPS screens I've seen had disturbing IPS glow, that made me feel uncomfortable. What you see on photos is highly exaggerated by a camera; eyes don't see it like that.

BLB is a much bigger problem and much easier to spot, but it's not something that every 27inch screen, even as terrible in QC as Acer's monitors, is plagued with.

On the other hand, TN is inherently flawed in a way that makes it highly unpleasant to use in almost every situation, even the 8-bit ones, albeit those aren't as bad as 6-bit TN panels, which are just plainly disgusting. No offense to their owners.

That being said, I'd stay away from everything AU Optronics (or, using their more common name, Acer - it's the same company after all) produces. Their products are innovative, but overpriced and terrible in terms of quality control. Panel lottery for something that expensive seems like a sad joke to me.

Associate
Yeah, noticed that too. Still no sign of when it's due for delivery, but I still got it for the £437 price (haven't been charged yet). I'll give it another week and I might cancel it tbh :/

Soldato
Think I'm keeping my pre-order going. Don't really need something urgently. Was initially expecting to buy myself a g-sync 1440p (or ultrawide) monitor around black friday. Unless something better comes up in the meantime or this doesn't turn up before then, I'm prepared to wait.

Associate
Mine arrived today also. It quickly acquired a stuck red pixel centre-ish, a screenfix website and some gentle pressure (so nervous doing that) seems to have sorted it.

Fingers crossed thats all my problems, because coming from 1080 60fps it is amazing. So smooth.

Back
Top Bottom