Acer Predator XB271HUA

Soldato
This thing is absolutely amazing. My one niggle is the AG coating making white background screens slightly grainy. Apart from that I am finding myself amazed at 1440p, 165hz, g-sync, the colours on the monitor. A god-send coming from a 1080p 60fps monitor. No regrets about this purchase, completely worth the £437 I paid and is finally putting my GTX 1070 to good use!

Associate
Did you not set it to 144/165 or is The Division capped at 60?

Just checking because mine was 60 out of the box, had to change it in nvidia control panel to get 144

Soldato
Did you not set it to 144/165 or is The Division capped at 60?

Just checking because mine was 60 out of the box, had to change it in nvidia control panel to get 144

I have changed mine to 165. It was just a happy coincidence that on that scene it was bubbling at slightly over 60 on 1440p ultra on my gtx 1070. Some scenes I was getting in the 70s.

Associate
Has anyone got any good settings for this monitor, been looking for an ICC profile this evening but can't find one.

Thanks.

Mine arrived today, damaged box for £360, looks good so far, played with colours and it's pretty good when sat straight on apart from one dead pixel, any ideas if a dead pixel can 'get going'? I tried one of those flashing YouTube videos for 1/2 hour but no joy yet. Not sure I'll notice it when playing games to be honest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
OP
Mine arrived today, damaged box for £360, looks good so far, played with colours and it's pretty good when sat straight on apart from one dead pixel, any ideas if a dead pixel can 'get going'? I tried one of those flashing YouTube videos for 1/2 hour but no joy yet. Not sure I'll notice it when playing games to be honest.

I had one, i poked it, it came back on

Associate
I have been looking at this monitor and as already mentioned, information about it is difficult to find. I can't decide whether to get this or the Dell for a 1440p G-sync screen. I'm assuming quality wise there isn't much in it? And the Acer monitor has speakers even if they are poor quality?

Associate
Can anyone tell me what these are like please? I've been underwhelmed with the IPS version of this monitor and am hoping the TN version is better with regards to ghosting/response times. With the IPS version, I am getting ghosting whilst playing FPS and I feel the £600 price tag is not justified.....

Associate
Can anyone tell me what settings they use please? I'm experiencing ghosting and thought that going for the TN from the IPS version would help negate it. The settings I'm using so far are:

144hz
G Sync On
Nvidia Panel VSync On Global (In-Game Vsync Off)
OD Normal (although I can't tell the difference between Off, Normal and Extreme)
Game Mode Off

An simple example of what I am experiencing - if I am looking at a lamp post and flick to around then I will get duplicate lamp posts so 1 would turn into two or three when moving quickly around - I was under the impression that having a 144hz monitor would help negate this if the image is being refreshed 144 times a second and it would be smoother? I've lowered gfx settings to match or exceed the 144hz so not sure what else I can do... Any advice appreciated! :)

Associate
Can anyone tell me what settings they use please? I'm experiencing ghosting and thought that going for the TN from the IPS version would help negate it. The settings I'm using so far are:

144hz
G Sync On
Nvidia Panel VSync On Global (In-Game Vsync Off)
OD Normal (although I can't tell the difference between Off, Normal and Extreme)
Game Mode Off

An simple example of what I am experiencing - if I am looking at a lamp post and flick to around then I will get duplicate lamp posts so 1 would turn into two or three when moving quickly around - I was under the impression that having a 144hz monitor would help negate this if the image is being refreshed 144 times a second and it would be smoother? I've lowered gfx settings to match or exceed the 144hz so not sure what else I can do... Any advice appreciated! :)

Hey, I got the TN version and there is no ghosting whatsoever, it's a very very nice monitor. You do need to turn OD off as that will cause you ghosting, it's a useless tech. The only problem I've had is there is a slighter brighter area running right down the middle, you can only see it games with certain colours but it's annoying so it's going back for a replacement, I jsut can't unsee it. Other than that though I'd highlt recommend it.

Associate
Got my monitor yesterday, I love colours and butter smooth movement in BF4 with my MSI 970 BUT I have real problems with grey to black colour banding/dithering, especially in dark games like Diablo 3 or watching dark scenes in films. I can sort of improve it but reducing brightness but it's still noticeable. So I am wondering if it is the problem with my monitor or all XB271HUA suffer the same problem ?

Here is an example (not mine) of what I see on my screen

large

Caporegime
Had this a few months now and I'm having incredibly ghosty experience in Civ 6 and world of warships.

So much that it's spoiling my enjoyment of gaming right now.

Ive got a few days off work and I'm going to factory reset everything.

I was initially impressed with this monitor but right now is happily go back to my old AOC 144hz which was crystal sharp.

I'm not sure if mine is faulty tbh.
Whole load of bs I can't be bothered to deal with.

It's developed a couple of lazy pixels too which are a minor annoyance but easily fixed with a tap.

I'm hoping it's user error :p and I can sort it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom