Acer XB270HU - Worlds First IPS, 1440p, 144hz, Gsync

If I read that right it also has HDMI 2.0 connector so I can hook up a next gen console too.

All G-Sync monitors I've seen so far lack a HDMI - and I have a PC and next gen console in the same room.

True!!! Next year (may be later this year) hopefully we'll see some prices drop with some freesync competition.

FreeSync is coming any time now, maybe even in a few days.

Thread title needs changing. This is not the worlds first IPS Gsync monitor. Its the first AHVA Gsync monitor.

whats wrong with 27" i use 24 atm and 3 inches aint going to much different

I don't have the room for one. I can only just about fit a 24". I also prefer smaller screen for playing games.

At least when playing on larger screens and sitting close, I tend to miss details, especially on fps. People right at the edge of the screen go unnoticed as I'm focused on the centre.

Maybe it wouldn't be a issue on a 27 or I get used to it, but main reason is I don't have the room for it.

:confused:

Is there already a 24" 144hz ips panel I am unaware of?

Last edited:

It also has two sets of electronics (and scalers). One for G-SYNC and the other Nvidia-specific modes, for which you can only use DisplayPort. The other is the 'normal' one which essentially turns it into the XL2420Z - complete with the same ports and features. By having what is essentially two monitors in one, the price is increased massively. This Acer model only has a DP port and will almost certainly lack any sort of scaling capabilities. Forget console gaming on it!

This is not an IPS screen. It's something else.

A review with the same type of screen.
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/benq_bl2710pt.htm

It is an IPS-type screen. AHVA (Advanced Hyper Viewing Angle) is simply panel manufacturer AU Optronic's version of IPS. It is characteristically the same.

GSYNC will only run on on DP but if ur using it for next gen consoles it wouldnt matter anyway just gives you the option if needed without fiddling with wires all the time

It also has two sets of electronics (and scalers). One for G-SYNC and the other Nvidia-specific modes, for which you can only use DisplayPort. The other is the 'normal' one which essentially turns it into the XL2420Z - complete with the same ports and features. By having what is essentially two monitors in one, the price is increased massively. This Acer model only has a DP port and will almost certainly lack any sort of scaling capabilities. Forget console gaming on it!

It is an IPS-type screen. AHVA (Advanced Hyper Viewing Angle) is simply panel manufacturer AU Optronic's version of IPS. It is characteristically the same.

Well it's not going to be out for a few months so we won't know for sure how the screen performs, but it's sure not a IPS.

-Acer XG270HU is the world’s first gaming monitor with an edge-to-edge frameless display for seamless viewing and quick 1ms response time
-Both monitors sport a 27-inch display with WQHD (2560 x 1440) resolution and fast 144Hz refresh rate
Acer announces two new gaming monitors with some world first designs. The Acer XB270HU is the world’s first NVIDIA® G-SYNC™ gaming monitor equipped with IPS technology, and the Acer XG270HU is the world’s first gaming monitor with an edge-to-edge frameless display. Both of these 27-inch displays come with WQHD (2560 x 1440) resolution and a fast 144Hz refresh rate to enhance in-gaming performance.

IS IPS

Back
Top Bottom