1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acer XB270HU - Worlds First IPS, 1440p, 144hz, Gsync

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by TheGentry, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Legend

Soldato

Clearly this needed updating...

[​IMG]

2. Joe!

Hitman

Acer's previous products are a real shame because they could've quite easily had £1k off of me with the X34. This thread is disconcerting to say the least, but at the same time, people with the problems are the ones you hear.

3. SaintJimmy

Gangster

It's not so much that the monitors have had problems, I think as consumers we can expect the odd problem.

The issue is how Acer have handled the situation by stringing us along for months offering a new improved version, then just sending out what appears to be defective returns from the original batch.

4. Kered_Dub

Gangster

I managed to get a good one of these from 'elsewhere'.

The seller was kind enough to pretest it for me in advance of shipping and I must say its a truly superb monitor.

Without this facility though its a total lottery. Prior to this I had to send one back due to dead pixels and excessive back-light bleed. So much for the 'V2' label...

Acer really need to up their game if they plan on selling to the Enthusiast market.

I wouldn't buy Acer again without a pretest facility from the reseller, its just too much of a gamble.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  5. SaintJimmy

Gangster

Got my refund today, now back to my old Benq until something else turns up.

6. Superstringy

Associate

I got my refund, thought about chancing it again but after two clunkers reckon we'll have to wait for a well-built G-Sync IPS 144Hz screen to be designed.

Gone instead for the Philips BDM4065UC - 40" 4K@60Hz done right. "Only" a VN panel but finding the colours and blacks to be beautiful so far :)

7. JediFragger

Capodecina

I was being tempted by the X34 Predator but then I saw this thread. Shame on you Acer!! :mad::mad::mad:

8. Sylver123

Wise Guy

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  9. JediFragger

Capodecina

Yeah, just seen that! Crap warranty would turn into zero warranty :D

As an aside, I gather that even the new 34" Acer's are suffering from excessive bleed/glow etc (already out Stateside) :(

10. Awahwah

Wise Guy

I've just picked this monitor up. No dead pixels (that I can see during the little testing I've preformed) and no bleed (no more than the LG IPS it replaced).

The screen had been used\tested though.

11. mxoagentjohnson

Hitman

I hope to pick one of these up, but Acers tech support is abysmal, my Gsync module broke in mine within 6 months (I have the 1080p variant, TN) and it has horrible blur, broken Gsync they refuse to fix and a few other issues including no sharpness option.

12. Awahwah

Wise Guy

I'm happy so far.

13. varkanoid

Sgarrista

Very interesting reading and I did google it so it actually occurred. Kind of contradicts Gibbo saying Acer is their best seller for monitors when their Chairman says profits are way down and the company is just hot air.

14. atomic7431

Mobster

Just received one of these monitors today and although smaller than my 34" LG UW from my early impressions i have no bleed or glow of any kind, will test this more when its dark later, but at present seems fine :)

Revision date is August 2015.

15. varkanoid

Sgarrista

Was this from OCUK ? Looks like they have a new batch in.

16. shanomacadaemia

Associate

They could still be selling monitors like hotcakes and be in poor financial shape. I imagine they haemorrhage money in their notebook and tablet divisions these days.

17. atomic7431

Mobster

no another E-tailer, i have found on a white background what looks like dirt behind an area of the screen.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  18. Captain Fizz

Mobster

So - I got one of these 2 weeks ago.

Light bleed at bottom left and a lot at the bottom right but not really noticeable in games / only if looking for it in Elite Dangerous.

Amazing display though, even non techy wife said "I thought your old monitor looked great, it looks rubbish compared to this one"

19. atomic7431

Mobster

Seems mine has developed more stuck pixels in other areas of the screen, was going to try a replacement through Acer, is their support that bad? if not then im within DSR time if thats a better option?

20. varkanoid

Sgarrista

Yes.