Adam Johnson - The Results Show

Caporegime
Obviously not planned months in advance, but I would say that if you're drinking and then get behind the wheel that is premeditation.

:confused: what? Seriously?

No. Just, no.

Premeditated, in the sense of an intention to drunk drive, maybe, to cause death by dangerous driving, no.

Caporegime
Obviously not planned months in advance, but I would say that if you're drinking and then get behind the wheel that is premeditation.

But that's only knowingly committing an offense of driving under the influence which is relatively minor compared to child grooming/sexual activity with a child. If the prosecution could prove that the person intended to run over x person then they'd obviously get a much more severe sentence than if they just accidently crashed and killed a stranger.

Put it this way, who would you rather be in a room with? someone who killed someone accidently whilst driving under the influence after 2yrs in prison, or someone who intentionally ran someone down after 10yrs in prison? the former is far less of a threat than the latter in the eyes of the law.

Last edited:
Caporegime
A little late, but I found the Judges report on the sentence yesterday and thought it might be worth posting to give an insight as to how he came to his sentence.

You can find it here..

It's an interesting read.

Thanks for this.

This isn't a story I had followed at all but after reading this thread and the link posted it does seem right that he should be taken out of public life for a time. Here's hoping that he uses this time constructively and that he reflects on what he's done and finally realises that non of what he did was right or indeed acceptable on any level.

Soldato
Does the latest video excuse Johnson or justify his sentence, six years is a long time compared to some sentences some people recieve for various crimes. Not sure if I can post the video here, main papers are showing it with bleeping. Certainly being made an example of.

Caporegime
First of all why is a prisoner using a mobile phone inside? Or is it a dodgy officer looking for a payday.

Secondly, I think his joke about saying he may as well have raped her for a 6 year sentence is what is triggering people.

The only joke really is that nonces are getting 13 months sentences for fiddling with girls much younger than Johnsons victim.

Caporegime
He obviously still doesn't believe he's done anything wrong based on his comments, no remorse. Doubt he stands much chance of an early release with videos like that flying around.

Which is a good thing, let him do the full term.

Caporegime
He seems to believe that his sentence was excessive but the Pakistanis involved in grooming school children have been getting 12 years or so for instances of rape.

Back
Top Bottom