Advice for first flight

Applaud going straight in for long haul, being 6"6 my only advice if you're on the taller side like myself and can afford it always plump for the Premium seats or extra legroom in economy!

I don't use laptops on flight in economy because the angle is bad due to the lack of space. Also, be careful of the sudden recline of the person in front of you, you might end up with a broken laptop when the screen get caught between the latch and the table and the screen gets trapped and crushed.

Things I do

1 - Pick an aisle seat. Window seats are for short haul.
2 - Get up often for a walk to improve circulation
3 - Drink plenty of water, the humidity in a flight is less than 10%
4 - Noise cancelling headphones
5 - Get your favourite shows downloaded, don't rely on in flight movies
6 - Pick a seat as far to the front of the aircraft as you can. The back of the plane is most susceptible to turbulence. Plus you also get served food earlier and also get off the plane earlier.
7 - Keep your seatbelt on when you are in your seat...

10 hours for your first flight is a bit savage I cant lie.
Errrr, go to doctor, you have anxiety for flying, get prescribed valium, fly higher than the plane you are on.

Genuinely though, stay calm, it'll be alright! Like others have said, hydrate, walk about, stretch, catch on some sleep and ensure you got something to keep you entertained.

Flying's great. Fast food before at the airport. Chill out with a beer. Get a couple wines on the plane. Watch the movies, look out the window, have a nap. Then you're there.

If long haul then you probably get free drinks on the plane.

Not sure if it's been said.

Noise cancelling headphones!

When they are needed... Omg they are needed!

It will mute any explosive decompressions.
It will remove the torture of screaming kids.
Loud drunks fade away.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom