Aero/Gains Thread

Soldato
So we have a proper power/weight thread for everything regarding progress around power output and weight loss for members of the forum. With this thread we can seperate out discussions regarding TT'ing/aero gains and tinkering in general whether it be mechanical or via the likes of GoldenCheetah/Aerolab to squeeze out those extra watts.

Rather than power/weight profiles, we will have members TT bests for profiles and like the other thread we can build this up to be a great resource of specific information.

For posting your details lets try and keep it standardised to the following. You can post less/more but * items are required -

****************************************************************************************

*Username -
Age -
*Height - FT/INCH
*Weight - KG
*Bike -
*Wheels -
*Aero Gear -
Other Info -
10mile PB -
25mile PB -

****************************************************************************************

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
** OcUK - Members TT Profiles **

Username - xdcx
Age - 28
Height - 5ft 8in
Weight - 60.5KG
Bike - 2016 Cube Aerium C62
Wheels - FFWD F4R w/23mm Vittoria Corsa CXIII Tubs
Aero Gear - Impsport Long Sleeve Skinsuit, Velotoze
Other Info -
10mile PB - 23:00 (AP=266w NP=273w)
25mile PB - 59:52 (AP=238w NP=239w)

Username - SoliD
Age - 31
Height - 5ft 9in
Weight - 65.5KG
Bike - 2015 Felt IA4 Ultegra 6800
Wheels - Chinese Carbon Clincher Front 50mm/23mm wide w/25mm Michelin GP4000sII
Corima Disc Wheel Rear w/22mm Vittoria Corsa CXIII Tubular
Aero Gear - Bell Javelin Helmet, Galibier Chronosuit 4 and Gloves, Zipp TT Mount
Other Info - Velotoze shoe covers on occasions but no known benefits at this time
10mile PB - 21:40 (267w NP Garmin)
25mile PB - 58:34 (270w NP Garmin)
50mile PB - 1:59:30 (220w NP Garmin)

Username - One More Solo
Age - 27
Height - 5ft 11in
Weight - 67KG
Bike - 2013 Canyon Speedmax AL
Wheels - 90s Mavic Comete disc (Challenge Triathlon tub), 50mm Zuus carbon clincher (Specialized S-Works Turbo clincher)
Aero Gear - Giro Selector helmet, custom club NoPinz skinsuit, Velotoze shoe covers
Other Info -
10mile PB - 20:55 (V7/18) (285w AP)
25mile PB - 1:00:03 (J2/9) (250w AP)
50mile PB - 1:59:12 (243w AP)

Username - touch
Age - 28
Height - 6ft
Weight - 82KG
Bike - Planet X Stealth
Wheels - Planet X 88/101
Aero Gear - Pointy helmet, skinsuit, overshoes
Other Info - TTs are miserable and I avoid them to the best of my ability
10mile PB - 23:13
25mile PB - 59:43
50mile PB - 2:07:something

Last edited:
Soldato
*Username - One More Solo
Age - 27
*Height - 5'11"
*Weight - 67kg (I've lost weight, yay)
*Bike - Canyon Speedmax AL (2013ish?)
*Wheels - 90s Mavic Comete disc (Challenge Triathlon tub), 50mm Zuus carbon clincher (Specialized S-Works Turbo clincher)
*Aero Gear - Giro Selector helmet, custom club NoPinz skinsuit (on order), Velotoze when the mood takes me
Other Info -
10mile PB - 20:55 (V7/18) [285w AP]
25mile PB - 1:00:03 (J2/9) [250w AP]
50mile PB - 1:59:12 [243w AP]

Might as well leave room for PBs up to 12 hours, you never know right? :D That 25mi PB currently sticks out like a sore thumb but will hopefully be improved this weekend (and again next weekend if I get a ride on the Stone Wheelers J5/8 event).

Stretch targets for this season are sub-55 min 25 and sub-20 min 10.

Might as well leave room for PBs up to 12 hours, you never know right? :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I will create a seperate "Nutcase/Lunatic Thread" where 12 hour TT'ers and 3 day MTB racers can grunt and growl at each other :p

Soldato
Username - touch
Age - 28
Height - 6ft
Weight - 82KG
Bike - Planet X Stealth
Wheels - Planet X 88/101
Aero Gear - Pointy helmet, skinsuit, overshoes
Other Info - TTs are miserable and I avoid them to the best of my ability
10mile PB - 23:13
25mile PB - 59:43
50mile PB - 2:07:something

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Just a bit busy today but got your email xdcx. Don't see why we can't have a third sticky in here so will look into it when I get some time :)

No problem and thank you :) Be 4 stickies, the power/weight one and also this one if that would be alright? I think the regulars will agree be good to have this and the power thread official and sticky in here :cool:

Soldato
Username - SoliD
Age - 31
Height - 5ft 9in
Weight - 65.5KG
Bike - 2015 Felt IA4 Ultegra 6800
Wheels
50mm - 23mm wide Chinese Carbon Clincher Front - 25mm Michelin GP4000sII
Corima Disc Wheel - 22mm Vittoria Corsa CXIII Tubular
Aero Gear - Bell Javelin Helmet, Galibier Chronosuit 4 and Gloves, Zipp TT Mount
Other Info - Velotoze on occasions but no known benefits at this time.
10mile PB - 22:16 (258W NP Garmin)
25mile PB - 58:34 (270W NP Garmin)
50mile PB - 1:59:30 (220W NP Garmin)

EDITED as few typos.

Last edited:
Soldato
You guys need some more weight in here :p

Username - randomshenans
Age - 31
Height - 5ft 10in
Weight - 92kg
Bike - Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 9.0 LTD
Wheels - Zipp 404 Firestrikes, Conti GP4000 IIs 25mm
Aero Gear - I'm like a giant windbreak
Other Info -
10mile PB -
25mile PB -
50mile PB -

:D

Soldato
Velotoze on occasions but no known benefits at this time

I do like my Velotoze but they are so much effort to get into.

I was driving home from my race last thursday and the guy with me noticed a cut on my thumb and a bit of blood dripping down my hand. He asked if I had come down in the crash...I had to admin that it was actually an overshoe removal accident :p

Soldato
OP

I was driving home from my race last thursday and the guy with me noticed a cut on my thumb and a bit of blood dripping down my hand. He asked if I had come down in the crash...I had to admin that it was actually an overshoe removal accident :p

:D:D:D
I just ordered them in red from Sigma. You do mines, I'll do yours :eek:

Soldato

Mate who has been doing the aero stuff has tested them and found no benefit for him . They are bloody dangerous to put on/off! :p

Soldato
OP
What was he testing them against?
Some other aero overshoes? Surely they help compared to no overshoes at all?

Remember Callum saying to you when you first got them he didn't think they would be up to much or useful in the tunnel?

I struggle to understand how shaving your legs gives noticeable gains in the tunnel but a overshoe the air cannot penetrate would provide nothing at all :(

Soldato
Remember Callum saying to you when you first got them he didn't think they would be up to much or useful in the tunnel?

I struggle to understand how shaving your legs gives noticeable gains in the tunnel but a overshoe the air cannot penetrate would provide nothing at all :(

Shaving your legs has had various testing results though, some say yes, some do not. Trip Socks definitely give benefits.

I should hopefully have a nopinz tripsuit through soon, if anyone is really interested in aero I can perhaps get some discount on the plain suits through a friend.

Soldato
I guess the benefit or otherwise of Velotoze is largely shoe dependent but is likely to be within the margin of error for aero testing, surely only a watt or two at best. They feel fast though and would probably come into their own for cold, wet events. Sadly I purchased mine after all the early season events where they would have been useful!

You see plenty of the top guys in Empires, sometimes with the laces taped and no overshoes. I guess that tells its own story.

I need to find somewhere to do some aero testing but wind recently means getting up at 5am when it's not blowing a hoolie seems the only option!

Back
Top Bottom