Aero/Gains Thread

Soldato
Also worth mentioning, if you have SRAM TT brake levers, check the bolts on the pivot point, mine were working loose leading to play in the levers. I needed a 3mm either side to tighten them up.

Good shout. That happened to me a few weeks ago and it took me a few days to get a replacement as the bolts are bespoke. I've put some Loctite on the threads now.

Soldato
313w average, my power estimates weren’t too far off!

330w out but a little easier than I thought on the “back” 3 minutes at 270ish and 280ish each time, it does depend how much you ease off the U turns, I tend to have a little bit of a breather here for an extra second or two just lower my power earlier than maybe I have to. No point hammering up and then having to potentially brake harder! Yes it costs a second or two, but maybe I gain that back having a little more in my legs to accelerate back up to speed.

From the final turn to finish, almost 50kmph for 5 minutes, it’s amazing flying along at that speed with a little tailwind helping those legs.

Soldato
2s off my 10 pb tonight on what appears to be from the results not an especially quick night. I taped all the seams on the fairing etc on my bike earlier for marginal gains, if it worked I don't know. Power meter decided to have a fit as I got going. Was fine through all of warm up. Then went to start looked down about a minute in and it was 50w down. Got back and realised it was recording more on the right leg than left by 7%...so power was about 280w which is down on previous tts this year. So will see how I go as on same course next week.

Soldato
It's just mad. Hope aren't the only guilty party. A Specialized Shiv is going to set you back the best part of £10k now and you see them at TTs. You could build an equivalent "super bike" out of an old P3, an Anemoi cockpit, a basic 1x Di2 setup and a set of Aerocoach wheels for less than £4k. £6k buys you *a lot* of wind tunnel time and I'll guarantee it will make you faster than the Shiv.

If you can afford both, then fair enough I suppose.

Soldato
Interesting to see the variation of kit the women are using this morning and the handlebars in Team Pursuit, some serious money spent in the wind tunnel!!

Back
Top Bottom