1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AfD MP hospitalised. Attempted murder.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by h4rm0ny, Jan 8, 2019.

1. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Well why would you want the attack to "help the AfD" if you didn't think they were great?

2. LabR@t

Sgarrista

Violent left.

3. PapaLazaru

Capodecina

Just violence.

4. robfosters

Caporegime

What a silly argument.

I don’t think they are great people and disagree with a lot of their policies. I do however agree with their views on loss of identity through further European integration and Germany’s almost open door policy.

They don’t deserve being bashed up and nearly killed though. If the boot was on the other foot and it was a far left politician this had been done to, the outrage would have been deafening.

The double standards are atrocious.

5. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Where has anybody here said it was good thing?

6. h4rm0ny

Soldato

Neither the words nor the meaning "good thing" appear anywhere in robfosters post and you know it.

7. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Ok

Where hasn't there been outrage?

8. Raz

Mobster

Yes, you're right. My excuse is that I was using one hand at that point while on the phone.

But yes it was mock disbelief that someone would want a nationalist political party that has views linked to homophobia, anti-Semitism, racism amongst other things. I'd mention Islamophobia but using that word here is just another headache (and I don't think that it's an accurate term anyway).

9. robfosters

Caporegime

I’ve already said there’s a lot of policies I disagree with, but at the end of the day, no political party deserves to be beaten into submission.

What makes me laugh is that story is hidden away right down the page on the BBC site, but their giant headline is Anna Soubry and more on the outrage because a few people shouted nasty words at her.

10. VincentHanna

Capodecina

The BBC news site is UK focused.

Why would they prioritise an attack on a German MP? It's clearly on the front page as I can see the link to the story, It's not "hidden away"

11. B@Th*nG

Soldato

so why are you hammering the violent left nail? bore off

B@

12. The_Abyss

Capodecina

Isn’t the front page of the BBC site user customisable?

13. 200sols

Wise Guy

Because this is a violent politically motivated attack on a right wing person?

14. h4rm0ny

Soldato

I consider that a much more interesting response.

One thing I'd say is that I don't expect AfD to ever gain power. However, their recent wins DOES put pressure on the main parties to acknowledge and respond to the widespread disagreement amongst German people with their policies. This I think IS a positive. Germany's PR system forces the government to consider their position and I think regardless of whether there are some reprehensible supporters (which all parties have), this can be a positive course-correction for Germany.

As a side, I'd also observe that the recent sharp rise in anti-Semitism in Germany is generally attributed to the increase in Islamic immigration to that country.

15. Raz

Mobster

Fair enough, which policies do you agree with?

I agree with your political party point but to be fair how our politicians are treated, and how police handle abuse at them, is more important than a foreign politician with some allegedly controversial views (but our MPs should be able to handle a few 'upsetting words' yelled at them in any case) .

16. Chris Wilson

Mobster

A shocking and cowardly attack that could so easily have been fatal and thus murder. Sad but unsurprised to see such flippancy as "I blame the Russians", a very different contribution by that poster to when Jo Cox was murdered and one that is extremely telling of his innate and inane bias even when a life is nearly taken in an unprovoked assault, dependent on the political persuasion of those brutalised.

I see the police have been told to take action where they see or hear illegal action or verbiage around Parliament, which is somewhat risible given that is what they are paid to do on a daily basis... Yesterday's outside broadcasts sounded like they were from inside a rowdy football stadium, not outside the gates of the seat of democracy.

17. Dis86

Capodecina

Why did you hammer the violent right nail?

18. chroniclard

Capodecina

First page, bbc bias, lefty violence, right wing loony GD bingo going well today. :D

19. McGray

Mobster

All we need is Dolph to pop in and blame Jeremy Corbyn.

20. wildman

Soldato

I blame dolph for not blaming Corbyn by post 10 of this thread..............