Aion

Head back to the sanctum and find the hall of prosperity theres 2 people in there on the right when u enter, think its 18k for cube expansion.

Thanks, although the price for me was only 12K since I only expanded it once to level 1, you must be on level 2. Anyway, I saw the warehouse keepers at the back and decided to use them instead seeing as it's free. It's a bit like Xunlai in GW but, so far at least, not as omnipresent :)

Not bad at all, played today but only first 10 lvls, got to the other major city and I think I have seen enough. Might be picking this up on release day :)

Is it a grindfest like Lineage 2 / WoW?

I have never played Lineage 2 myself but heard it was a grindfest but WoW is not a grindfest at all, how can you call grindfest getting to maximum level in 4-5days play time, this is for vanila WoW, obviously it takes longer now to get to maximum lvl 80 with 2 expansion packs.

Hey all,

Well I had a cracking time in the beta over the weekend.

I'm still gunna reserve my judgement on the game as I have only played up to lvl 13. But it seems quite good so far. I found it a bit linear to start with but places do start opening up. I'm looking forward to the next beta where we will be able to play in the abyss.

The art is very nice the cities are quite amazing. I think the only bit I really dislike at the moment is the crafting/gathering. I dont mind the system I just think it is too dam slow. You can spend almost 1min just picking up a herb :eek: I wish they would speed the Pass/Fail thing up a bit.

Anywas looks promising. I look forward to the next beta :)

WoW comes nowhere close to being a grind fest. You can quest your way up max level in no time at all.

Sorry mate gotta disagree with you there. I have a sub to WoW so this really is non-biased. I really like WoW. But WoW is a huge grindfest.

Yea you quest up to 80. But it is a grind. Majority of the quests are kill X amount of mob for reward or get X amount of items and do Y with it. Even end game (PVE and PVP) is all a grind. You kill the same bosses over and over for a chance at loot. In PVP you kill people over and over do the same BGs/arenas over and over for points to aquire loot.

I'm not saying this is a bad thing as nearly every MMO has some sort of grind to it. (its what makes them addictive) But your kidding yourself if you really believe WoW has no grinding in it at all.

Either way this thread is about Aion would be ace if we leave this sorta debate for other threads

Last edited:
Hey all,

Well I had a cracking time in the beta over the weekend.

I'm still gunna reserve my judgement on the game as I have only played up to lvl 13. But it seems quite good so far. I found it a bit linear to start with but places do start opening up. I'm looking forward to the next beta where we will be able to play in the abyss.

The art is very nice the cities are quite amazing. I think the only bit I really dislike at the moment is the crafting/gathering. I dont mind the system I just think it is too dam slow. You can spend almost 1min just picking up a herb :eek: I wish they would speed the Pass/Fail thing up a bit.

Anywas looks promising. I look forward to the next beta :)

It does speed up depending on your level :) I'm level 65 gathering and now when I gather Jute it takes about 5 seconds where as before it was about 15-30.

Wow is a grind, leveling is not the game, the game is not leveling.

When you are max level you have to:

Earn money by....grinding money from daily questsor famring materials.
Upgrade items by....grinding raids or PvP
To raid you need to....grind cash for repairs and consumables.
Before you raid you need to....grind 5 man instances for gear.

Before you Grind, you have to Grind so you can Grind. WoW is a Grind-O-Matic.

Now I'm not saying this is a bad thing, it keeps people playing and with a decent community of a guild or friends then it can be enjoyable, but you cannot deny it is all about the grind. Grind is important, it keeps people playing and gives them a sense of "I have to work to get better gear/items" etc, and is a very important part of all MMO's.

Anyway, Aion.

I've got my Templar to lv20 and I have to say I REALY enjoy it, tanking is fun but quite tricky with multiple targets, I would like some sort of way of measuring my "emnity" or whatever it is but oh well.

Currently leveling an Assassin, at lv11 atm, and they are very fun.

Last edited:
Anyway, Aion.

I've got my Templar to lv20 and I have to say I REALY enjoy it, tanking is fun but quite tricky with multiple targets, I would like some sort of way of measuring my "emnity" or whatever it is but oh well.

Currently leveling an Assassin, at lv11 atm, and they are very fun.

Aye I got my Assassin to lvl 13. I was planning to roll Assassin for LIVE so I stopped as I dont wanna well kinda spoil it so to speak. (ie dont really wanna repeat everything over again) I found the "scout" on a whole quite difficult to level tbh. I died quite a few times. I'm sure though at higher levels when I get access to more stuns and such it will be more fun though.

After I decided I didnt wanna lvl the Assas anymore I had a dabble with the "warrior" class. Which was quite fun. They really are built like a brick **** house :p

I then went on to play a "mage" I thought I'd seen enough of melee in Aion. So I will try a caster. Normally I am not a great fan of mage type characters. But I have to say I really got into the "mage" class. I opted for sorcerer. Which I have to say is great fun. I'm now almost tempted to roll "mage" for LIVE :p

I still stand by what i say, compared to classic DAoC or Lineage 2, WoW is in no way a grind even at max level. I've never had to farm camps as much as i did in those games just to level up.

Anyway, back to Aion, i shall be getting the game and i will be tanking!

I guess I just haven't got the patience for mmo's any more, Aion hasn't really reignited my enjoyment of them. I'm looking for something more interesting, innovative and fun these days. Asian fantasy just isn't it.

Yeah, me neither. The whole art direction just put me off from the start. I think I'm a bit burnt out on 'standard' mmo's too, I just wilted when the first few quests were kill 3 of cute monster x, collect 5 herbs, report to the NPC in the next slightly harder area.

Whole genre needs a good shake up.

Every MMO has a grind of some kind, that is what a MMO is. At least in WoW you don't have to grind 5 hours for 1% then loose it if you lag out and die, now that is a grind (That is if you have spend a bajillion hours grinding money from other places to level in the fastest place on the game...)

I played it over the weekend.

got to level 10... but it took a lot longer that it was needed!
I found it nice, but just another MMO and annoying grind sessions with kill this... run half way over the map talk to NPC...then again.. and again.

only part I thought was good was the private store selling.

I think I'll wait for Champions Online. (looks more fun)
might change my mind... but really I don't have that many hours to waste doing pointless quests to reach a level which shouldn't take long to get too!

I played it over the weekend.

got to level 10... but it took a lot longer that it was needed!
I found it nice, but just another MMO and annoying grind sessions with kill this... run half way over the map talk to NPC...then again.. and again.

only part I thought was good was the private store selling.

I think I'll wait for Champions Online. (looks more fun)
might change my mind... but really I don't have that many hours to waste doing pointless quests to reach a level which shouldn't take long to get too!

to be fair you just described at least 99% of MMo's out there,...

i was sceptical about Aion, i hadnt really looked at it with a view of playing until this thread and getting a beta key. Played a Priest upto lvl 12 and a Galdiator to lvl 13 and found it great fun.

i want to sample PvP or that PvPvE before making a final decision, although i know i'll more than likely cave in and pre-order .. defo the most polished beta ive tried.

Back
Top Bottom