Aion

The level of character customization in Aion is pretty impressive. Met this chap dancing about just before beta ended:

MJ.jpg

I love the little touches in this game, like when it rains and you hold a leaf over your head or when you stand in water you try to catch a fish:

Aion0042.jpg

Didn't have much time to play but managed to ascend with my Cleric and get my wings :D:

Aion0025.jpg

While I wouldn't say that Aion significantly moves the genre forward I would say that what it does it does extremely well and it feels very polished. My inital thoughts were that it was a bit of a grind fest but the campaign quests leading to ascension drew me in and some of the cutscenes were particularly well done. The one that springs to mind is when, after completing a quest, the entire village crowds around you and cheers your success. At times it felt like a proper rpg, an element which I think has been missing from recent mmos.

Also the more I played the more I came round to the art style. I can imagine it being quite divisive, and I'm not usually a fan of the korean/anime style, but they've created a fresh, interesting and good looking world.

Can't wait for the next beta :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom