Airbus A320 Crashes in Alps

Caporegime
Edit found the crash animation with black box audio must have been one hell of a roller coaster ride
** Video removed due to swearing **
go fly the plane son what can go wrong? oh wait holding the stick for 20-30seconds on that jet disables the autopilot and now the kid can't get out of the seat because of the G forces.

didn the plane get upside down at one point!?

Caporegime
First I've read of that crash. Unbelievable loss of life all because the retarded pilot put his kids in reach of controls.

whats interesting is this bit of info

Despite the struggles of both pilots to save the aircraft, it was later concluded that if they had just let go of the control column, the autopilot would have automatically taken action to prevent stalling, thus avoiding the accident

Soldato
If you are riding on a train and it speeds up to 100mph and a crash is inevitable, what are you going to do? Nothing because it's out of your control, exactly the same way a plane can crash.

This shouldn't make you fear using this method of transport, it's ridiculous and silly.

Everyday millions and millions of people put their life into the hands of someone else, i just don't see what's to be scared of.

Its not the same though is it, we've all had prangs in our cars at some time or other I imagine but we're all here to tell the tale. The chance of a fatal accident in a car or a bus is thankfully low ergo the reasoning goes if I have a crash I'll probably be ok. But plane crashes though statistically low you also have a low probability of surviving it. And thats what sticks in peoples minds. Also I suspect people feel instinctly safer the nearer the ground they are, a train you feel you could walk away if something major failed, an airplane well you aren't going to parachute out of there are you? So you can add claustrophobia to that list.

Yes its irrational but fears usually are.

Last edited:
Soldato
As an aircraft engineer with a fear of flying, some of these suggestions are ridiculous.

Some of these cases people are bringing up are probably 1 in 1000 crashes which have been turned into TV shows, do you not think that pilots have to have training or something? Its as if people think they turn up and just say 'Yeah i'll have a go, whats the worst that can happen?'

A while ago I had to go and retrieve a plane that had a birdstrike, it was so bad there was no forward vision whatsoever apart from a 3-4 inch gap at the side of the side screen, and the bird remains had come in through the canopy covering the pilot and he still managed to land it on a shorter than normal runway safely. I still to this day cannot work out how the hell he managed to do it.

Any crash will have a different causes and different factors involved, they dont all get televised.

Caporegime
As an aircraft engineer with a fear of flying, some of these suggestions are ridiculous.

Some of these cases people are bringing up are probably 1 in 1000 crashes which have been turned into TV shows, do you not think that pilots have to have training or something? Its as if people think they turn up and just say 'Yeah i'll have a go, whats the worst that can happen?'

well airline pilots have voiced concerenes that younger pilots dfo not have the training to fly without the autopilot. and there have been quite a few incidents where theyve crashed the plane by stalling it once the computer is gone by yanking the stick back as hard as they can,.

Back
Top Bottom