1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. OspreyO

Mobster

I had some of these too. But had pretty bad survival rate.

I think a lot of people want to collect toys from their youth and they are getting rare as WWII and these kinda toys are no longer of interest to recent generations of kids.

2. plasmahal

Wise Guy

The Assault Amphibious Vehicle (AAV)—official designation AAV-P7/A1 (formerly known as Landing Vehicle, Tracked, Personnel-7 abbr. LVTP-7)—is a fully tracked amphibious landing vehicle manufactured by U.S. Combat Systems (previously by United Defense, a former division of FMC Corporation).

The AAV-P7/A1 is the current amphibious troop transport of the United States Marine Corps. It is used by U.S. Marine Corps Assault Amphibian Battalions to land the surface assault elements of the landing force and their equipment in a single lift from assault shipping during amphibious operations to inland objectives and to conduct mechanized operations and related combat support in subsequent mechanized operations ashore. It is also operated by other forces. Marines call them "amtracks," a shortening of their original designation, "amphibious tractor."

Source: wikipedia

Kit manufacture: Hobbyboss
    Kit number: 82413
    Scale : 1/35
    Type: AAVP 7A1 Assult Amphibious Vehicle
    Extras: Fruil Model Metal Tracks
    Paints: Tamiya.
    Weathering: 502 Abteilung starship Filth as a pin wash, flory dirt pigments.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Dis86

Capodecina

Possibly one of my favourite pieces you've done yet.
    Those things are bloody deathtraps though!

4. plasmahal

Wise Guy

The latest Airfix model World is out and I have my build of the Revell 1/48 Tornado F.3 featured.

[​IMG]

Featuring:

Intermediate Build – 75 Years of ‘Semper Aggressus’
    Toby Page builds Revell’s new 1/48 Tornado F.3 as 23 Squadron’s 75th anniversary airframe, adding minor corrections along the way.

Intermediate Build – Henschel’s Hauler
    Truck time! Revell’s 1/35 Henchel Typ 33 D1 load carrier receives a full cargo, courtesy of Johan Augustsson.

Out and About – New Town Gathering
    IPMS Milton Keynes held its annual ModelKraft show in late April, and Dave Oliver sampled the kit-based delights on display.

Out and About – West Country Classic
    Buckler’s Mead Academy in Yeovil played host to the local club’s inaugural model show, and Malcolm V Lowe was there to view its success.

Intermediate Build – Putin’s Platypus
    In his AMW debut, Mike Williams tackles Trumpeter’s 1/72 Su-34 Fullback.

Out and About – Southern Showcase
    Malcolm V Lowe found many modelling treats at the Poole Vikings show.

Basic Build – Beauty Meets the Beast
    Chris Jones has bags of fun with Airfix's re-issued 1/48 Spitfire Mk.22/24.

In Focus – Four-Gun Conclusion
    Spitfire Mk.22/24 variants are described by Malcolm V Lowe.

Intermediate Build – Snow Leopard
    Modelcollect has made a name for itself with 1/72 armour, and Massimo Santarossa discovers the pros and cons of its diminutive T-80.

Advanced Build – Golden Age Gaul
    Mike Grant brings much colour to bear with SBS Model’s 1/72 Farman F.190.

Intermediate Build – Before the Stuka…
    GasPatch Models wowed many with its 1/48 Henschel Hs 123A-1, and Jay Blakemore is more than impressed by its quality.

In Focus – Dive-bombing Debut
    Jay Blakemore documents the Hs 123’s brief service with the Luftwaffe.

and much more!

Pick up your copy now, direct from www.airfixmodelworld.com or in leading newsagents.

5. MookJong

Soldato

Very cool getting in the magazine!

6. plasmahal

Wise Guy

1/35 Hobbyboss French Saint-Chamond Heavy Tank Medium.

The Saint-Chamond, named after the commune of Saint-Chamond, was the second French heavy tank of the First World War, with 400 manufactured from April 1917 to July 1918. Although not a tank by the present-day definition, it is generally accepted and described as such in accounts of early tank development. Born of the commercial rivalry existing with the makers of the Schneider CA1 tank, the Saint-Chamond was an underpowered and fundamentally inadequate design. Its principal weakness was the Holt "caterpillar" tracks. They were much too short in relation to the vehicle's length and heavy weight (23 tons). Later models attempted to rectify some of the tank's original flaws by installing wider and stronger track shoes, thicker frontal armour and the more effective 75mm Mle 1897 field gun. Altogether 400 Saint-Chamond tanks were built including 48 unarmed caisson tanks. The Saint-Chamond tanks remained engaged in various actions until October 1918, belatedly becoming more effective since combat had moved out of the trenches and onto open ground. Eventually the Saint-Chamond tanks were scheduled to be entirely replaced by imported British heavy tanks.

• Kit manufacture: Hobbyboss
    • Kit number: 83859
    • Scale : 1/35
    • Type: French Saint-Chamond Heavy Tank Medium.
    • Extras: OOB
    • Paints: MIG Ammo French tank colours Paint set (A MIG 7110), Tamiya XF-84 Dark Iron.
    • Weathering: Various oil paints for filter, Flory models medium and light earth pigments, Mig Ammo track wash, MIG ammo stone grey for pin wash, AK's rust streaks and AK's rainmarks for nato tanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. robfosters

Caporegime

Nicely done. Weathering is extreme. Genuinely looks like it’s been stuck in a scrapyard for the last fifty years!

8. philstanbridge

Man of Honour

That's a beauty. How did you manage the black camo separation lines?

9. robfosters

Caporegime

Don’t know how he did it but Ammo oilbrushers are handy for that sort of stuff.

10. plasmahal

Wise Guy

11. plasmahal

Wise Guy

1/35 ICM T34/76 1943 Early Production

The T-34 is a Soviet medium tank that had a profound and lasting effect on the field of tank design. At its introduction, the T-34 possessed an unprecedented combination of firepower, mobility, protection and ruggedness. Its 76.2 mm (3 in) high-velocity tank gun provided a substantial increase in firepower over any of its contemporaries; its well-sloped armour was difficult to penetrate by most contemporary anti-tank weapons. When it was first encountered in 1941, German general Paul Ludwig Ewald von Kleist called it "the finest tank in the world" and Heinz Guderian affirmed the T-34's "vast superiority" over existing German armour of the period. Although its armour and armament were surpassed later in the war, it has often been credited as the most effective, efficient and influential tank design of the Second World War.

Kit manufacture: ICM
    Kit number: 35365
    Scale : 1/35
    Type: T34/76 1943 Early Production
    Extras: Fruil Model Metal Tracks
    Paints: Tamiya.
    Weathering: AK/MIG.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. robfosters

Caporegime

@plasmahal

Brilliantly done as always mate. You can seriously churn them out at a rate!

Question for you, when it comes to military kits, tanks and military vehicles in particular, who would you rate highest overall in terms of part quality, instructions, fit, customer service (spare parts)?

13. plasmahal

Wise Guy

Really difficult as it depends on what kits i have built (never need spares for example) and how old some kits are (1970's Tamiya.

I'd say, modern Tamiya, Takom, Meng, Dragon. Then hobbyboss, trumpeter, ICM and Zvezda.

14. plasmahal

Wise Guy

The BAC Jet Provost is a British jet trainer aircraft that was in use with the Royal Air Force (RAF) from 1955 to 1993. It was originally developed by Hunting Percival from the earlier piston engine-powered Percival Provost basic trainer, and later produced by the British Aircraft Corporation (BAC). In addition to the multiple RAF orders, the Jet Provost, sometimes with light armament, was exported to many air forces worldwide. The design was also further developed into a more heavily armed ground attack variant under the name BAC Strikemaster.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BAC_Jet_Provost

Kit manufacture: Airfix
    Kit number: A55116
    Scale : 1/72
    Type: Jet Provost T4
    Extras: OOB
    Paints: MRP Signal Red, Tamiya NATO Black.

Weathering: Flory models dark dirt wash.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. OspreyO

Mobster

Never liked that aircraft though I think pilots like. Fantastic model though. Very nice.

16. MookJong

Soldato

I absolutely love that.

You have probably been asked this before but do you keep all of these models or sell them on?

17. clubb699

Hitman

Brilliant work love the tanks, i need a new hobby think i have just found it :)

18. plasmahal

Wise Guy

Kept all all of them so far, including the ones supplied and built for model magazines.

19. Dis86

Capodecina

Lovely finish on the trainer. Think you've got the level of gloss spot on.

20. clubb699

Hitman

HI plas, could you recommend me a Mark v landship tank i could buy please, i fancy doing a diorama with this tank in, i seen some mind blowing diorama sets at a recent model show i went to near me, they where really awesome.

I know i can do it had a lot of practice from my model railway ;)

Cheers