Poll: AirPods Max

Will you buy/have you bought AirPods Max?

• Yes

Votes: 25 11.4%
  • No

Votes: 195 88.6%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
Excellent, thanks. Depending on how much money I have left after my upcoming house move I'm fairly set on getting a pair. I wish there was an option of not having the bra case. :D

Man of Honour
Got my dad a set for Christmas but he much prefers the Sony XM4's to the Airpod Max, both in noise-cancelling and sound so ended up returning them and keeping the Sony's. Happy days for me as it means I get the money back :D

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Got my dad a set for Christmas but he much prefers the Sony XM4's to the Airpod Max, both in noise-cancelling and sound so ended up returning them and keeping the Sony's. Happy days for me as it means I get the money back :D

So what you're saying, is you didn't get anything for your dad for Xmas? Such a cheapskate :p

Commissario
Mine are on the way back. They are superb but they don’t suit my individual use.

I’ll buy three or four HomePod minis for the rooms in the house that don’t have them and use what’s left for a new pair of normal AirPods when they get refreshed.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Mine are on the way back. They are superb but they don’t suit my individual use.

I’ll buy three or four HomePod minis for the rooms in the house that don’t have them and use what’s left for a new pair of normal AirPods when they get refreshed.

I've just sold a few sets of headphones because my only use for them was intentional ignoring of my speakers in my office. Its nice having good quality headphones but my airpods are perfect for when I am out and about and I don't need anything like it at home.

I've been tempted by noise cancelling headphones for travel over the years but honestly I don't travel enough to make it worthwhile.

Man of Honour
Another question - how is the audio delay? I use QC35 II's and if I'm watching Twitch as an example the audio can be out of sync. This is on a 2018 MacBook Pro 15".

Soldato
What trick is that please?

Put the Airpods in the case, plug the case into power, move the iPhone next to it and make sure the iPhone has more than 50% battery. Go to settings > General > About > AirPods and you'll see the firmware version.

Apparently that triggers a firmware update check with Apple, and if it's not the latest version it will update in the next few minutes.

Soldato
If this doesn’t work, the “official way” we would use at work:

place the phone on charge and pair the airpods

play music for 5 mins on the airpods via the phone

stop the music. Put the airpods on charge next to the phone

allow up to 30 mins (don’t use either device) for the firmware to download and update

Back
Top Bottom