Poll: AirPods Max

Will you buy/have you bought AirPods Max?

• Yes

Votes: 26 11.7%
  • No

Votes: 197 88.3%

• Total voters

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
New AirPods Max.

https://www.apple.com/uk/airpods-max/

AIlME43.jpg

Apple today announced AirPods Max, innovative wireless headphones that bring the magic of AirPods to an over-ear design with high-fidelity sound. AirPods Max combine a custom acoustic design, H1 chips, and advanced software to power computational audio for a breakthrough listening experience with Adaptive EQ, Active Noise Cancellation, Transparency mode, and spatial audio. AirPods Max come in five gorgeous colors, including space gray, silver, sky blue, green, and pink, and are available to order starting today, with availability beginning Tuesday, December 15....

Full press release - https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2020...gic-of-airpods-in-a-stunning-over-ear-design/

Last edited:
Man of Honour
^^ Ah the AirPurse!

They must have a lot of faith in the product to sell it at that price point, no chance of me buying them but I'll be interested to see how they review.

Soldato
Until I saw the price I was tempted to replace my QC35 IIs (assuming the NC was actually any good).

At £550 (+£50 Applecare?) You're having a laugh.

Soldato
That case is hilariously awful, how does that kind of thing get green lit?! Unless it's just the Apple marketing department just taking the **** now because they can.

Soldato
See if these retailed for £399 then I could understand - premium over competitors but let's be real, Sennheiser, Sony etc have all been making audio equipment for a lot longer...

I'm sure they'll be very popular though :p

Soldato
Frankly, at that price these need to blow any offering from Bowers & Wilkins out the water.

I'm guessing Apple are not going to be able to compete with 54 years of audio R&D... which means they won't.

I guess I could be wrong but in any case they will sell like hotcakes because, well look at them, they're shiny and have a hefty price tag and like other Apple products seem to have veblen good status as irrational consumers lose their minds and are unable to see the mediocrity :p

Soldato
I posted something similar above, but then I thought about cameras. Sony have been making cameras for years, but look how far ahead Apple and Google are with mobile photography.

Yes but computatonal photography and image enhancement (fake bokeh, potrtrait mode, AI enhancements etc etc) simply compensates for the inferior/smaller optics and lenses in mobile devices. They're not really beating the likes of Sony, Fujifilm, Canon etc at their own game and unless they can find a way to defy the laws of physics that isn't likely to change any time soon. Taking a photo with an iPhone is more like creating an Impressionist painting than taking a traditional photograph.

Back
Top Bottom