Airsoft ??

Soldato
it's nice to see things on the field that isn't just another bloody m4 with a slightly different looking rail system.

Yep, can't stand M4's, not to say, I wouldn't want one myself at some point, but everyone has them, I don't want what everyone else has.

Indeed, only gone and ordered an stti mk23 as well.

Took a long time to decide on it. Basically went through all guns weighing up the pro's and cons.
Every rifle has it's faults, so just had to find one with the least.

One of the reasons why I bought a Tokyo Marui (P90) is because they can work for years and years without you needing to open them up and do something.

That said, I don't think there is too many guns out there that has major problems.

Good choice anyway, glad to see something new out there!

Soldato
Not sure, haven't really figured out a limit :o

It will easily take a polarstar, don't tempt me :p

Oh oh......

yeah, if you're going to be going hog wild with upgrading the gearbox internals it might be better to skip the whole nightmare of exploding gearboxes every 100 rounds and just go straight to hpa.

Yep, can't stand M4's, not to say, I wouldn't want one myself at some point, but everyone has them, I don't want what everyone else has.

oh i like the m4, it's a great platform and it's successful for a very good reason both in the real world and in airsoft.

it's just i don't get why you would want to own more than 1

Soldato
Same really, that's what I don't get and I think that's why the M4 general dislike comes from people, I think it's more fun to have different type of weapons!

indeed, it's like when a "new and different" m4 comes out that internally is nothing special (ie not some gbb or hpa creation) and review sites are crooning over it like it's the hottest new thing when in reality it's just a new front rail and a slightly different stock, maybe with some markings or somesuch on it.

my current selection is quite varied, from the short and stubby aksu right the way to the not short at all and definately not stubby mg42, now that's different.

Soldato
Bit of a bump as surprisingly this was one of the only airsoft threads I could find.

I've recently started playing Airsoft with my eldest Son. Have played 2 full Sundays and 2 Wednesday evenings at MadDog Airsoft in Cambs, have another one booked in on the 4th. It's so much more fun than paintball! We're both quite into it now and are going to try to get to at least one session a month. As the latest session meant I got my ukara player number we had a little shopping trip on Saturday.

I initially went in wanting an AUG, pretty much solely due to the looks and my Son wanted a MP7 due to size, weight and no stock. I didn't get on with the size, weight or mag position on the AUG and after a chat with the staff in the shop I tested out a G&G ARP9. After using rental guns in my previous sessions (M4 and G36) I was massively surprised by how much better it was in all departments. My Son was pretty impressed with it too, especially the weight. I ended up with one with red trim and my Son's is gunmetal grey. I also got us drum mags, 5 batteries, charger and a nice solid lockable case to store everything in. Was not the cheapest Saturday I've had!

I can't wait to test it out on Sunday! Our plan is to get to the point where we are not noobs anymore and then start trying some different sites.

Soldato
I started playing again fairly recently, still don't have my UKARA as i've just chop and changed sites willy nilly. Recently played at Bunker 51 in Charlton and thought it was great, much preferred the close quarter fighting to open field stuff, some of the sites I went to I didn't know what was going on in terms of objective locations, this one was much easier to understand.

Got myself a very cheap 3D cut plate carrier from ebay and bought some fast mag pouches from china, so hopefully im all sorted for next time.

Wasn't able to use my cheap mk23 pistol though, on red gas it was shooting 420fps+ :eek: might have to buy some 144 gas and see if it is within site limits!

Man of Honour
When i was a kid i had a gun that fired plastic balls.

I've just watched 12 grown men with replica assault rifles shoot 250 plastic balls at each other. Are they gay :confused:

How is this better than paint ball:confused:

Airsoft is amazing. We had a blast recently.

Flashbangs and grenades were allowed at ours as well (disused prison).

Soldato
My friend has been playing airsoft for about a decade now and I am now tempted to go with him. Looks great fun. I can't remember the name but he always tells me about somewhere South of Bristol (southhampton maybe, don't know) that has an event that's going on 24/7 and you dip in and out. Sounds brilliant.

He's built quite a few M4 replicas his latest one is very cool but I don't know enough about them to explain how cool they are lol.

His latest set up for indoor playing is just have a scuba tank on his back connecting compressed air to a pistol with a ridiculous 1000 mag. His go-pro footage of indoor play makes it looks seriously OP.

Soldato
His latest set up for indoor playing is just have a scuba tank on his back connecting compressed air to a pistol with a ridiculous 1000 mag. His go-pro footage of indoor play makes it looks seriously OP.

that'll be an hpa setup, i run something similar albeit for rifles. great performance although sometimes getting air can be tricky.

you should go along, even better if your mate's willing to lend you a gun for the day.

I started playing again fairly recently, still don't have my UKARA as i've just chop and changed sites willy nilly. Recently played at Bunker 51 in Charlton and thought it was great, much preferred the close quarter fighting to open field stuff, some of the sites I went to I didn't know what was going on in terms of objective locations, this one was much easier to understand.

Got myself a very cheap 3D cut plate carrier from ebay and bought some fast mag pouches from china, so hopefully im all sorted for next time.

Wasn't able to use my cheap mk23 pistol though, on red gas it was shooting 420fps+ :eek: might have to buy some 144 gas and see if it is within site limits!

does it have one of those screw on barrel extensions under the suppressor? heard those push your fps through the roof whilst simultaneously removing any hope of accuracy.

Soldato

Yeah I can't play with my stti MK23 and have the silencer on because the FPS is above 350, chrono it without and it'll drop.

Soldato
Cheers guys, mine is a cheapo one, didn't come with a suppressor, but had a compensator extended barrel looking thing on it, I took it off as it looks a bit naff, but the barrel is still a good 2 inches longer than the slide, and i'm pretty sure it's not removable. Perhaps I could replace it with a shorter barrel and cut the tube off the end.
But to be fair i'll probably just end up buying a new GBB one at some point.

Soldato
Cheers guys, mine is a cheapo one, didn't come with a suppressor, but had a compensator extended barrel looking thing on it, I took it off as it looks a bit naff, but the barrel is still a good 2 inches longer than the slide, and i'm pretty sure it's not removable. Perhaps I could replace it with a shorter barrel and cut the tube off the end.
But to be fair i'll probably just end up buying a new GBB one at some point.

shorter barrel will help

Soldato
that'll be an hpa setup, i run something similar albeit for rifles. great performance although sometimes getting air can be tricky.

you should go along, even better if your mate's willing to lend you a gun for the day.

That sounds familiar, he uses it for either his rifle or his pistol. He said something about buying a valve that allows 2 connected at once? But for indoor he doesn't need anything other than a pistol so it's fine I expect. Yeah he said he had a similar issue so he ended up buying a massive tank for about £300 (no idea the capacity, it's about 5' and really heavy) which he can get filled up for £15 at a scuba shop. Reckon's it'll pay for itself soon enough.

Definitely going to give it a go. I've only ever been paintballing but this seems like it's way more fun

Soldato
That sounds familiar, he uses it for either his rifle or his pistol. He said something about buying a valve that allows 2 connected at once? But for indoor he doesn't need anything other than a pistol so it's fine I expect. Yeah he said he had a similar issue so he ended up buying a massive tank for about £300 (no idea the capacity, it's about 5' and really heavy) which he can get filled up for £15 at a scuba shop. Reckon's it'll pay for itself soon enough.

Definitely going to give it a go. I've only ever been paintballing but this seems like it's way more fun

yeah you can get regulators that have dual outputs so you can run your rifle and pistol off the same tank. mine theoretically can do it but i don't use my pistol enough to bother doing it.

funny i've just recently acquired a dive tank, one of our sites does paintball so you can get refills easy enough but it's nice having the freedom. still keep an aeg in the bag just in case.

Back
Top Bottom