Alan Partridge back next month

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

This weeks highlight was the Chemsex section. His face in the glass was hilarious :D

Soldato
*NUDGE*

First episode anyway - seems like a promising new Coogan series on All4 Chivalry, back with the same character as the Trip,
unclear whether it is also targetted at american market as it somewhat a satire on #metoo.
This Time became a bit repetitive, this has a much bigger budget, all the awkwardness and trying to be the alpha male traits we are familiar with.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I’m off to see the Stratagem show on 19th May :D
My summary on the show:

I didn't know what to expect going in as the teaser gave away almost nothing. It's not a TED talk as @tracertong says above but more of stage performance with some dance numbers (yes, you read that right), singing and some time travel elements. Coogan using the big screen to add visual elements to the gags was the main premise of the show and that worked well and whilst there's definitely elements of him presenting in a TED talk manner that accounts for about 10% of the show.

The main gag was typical Partridge which was a nice ending*

*The whole point of the show is that he spends 2hrs trying to deflect from conclusively outlining any strategy (stratagem) with songs and stories so by the end of the show he crumbles in the usual way Partridge does when he's backed in to a corner... admitting that he has no clue, getting angry then depressed :D

I'd say it was decent but not amazing. There were some laugh-out-loud moments but also periods where you were laughing at the ridiculousness of the show.

As a Partridge fan, I'd put this slightly below his "This Time" stuff and way below "I'm Alan Partridge" and "This Morning Matters" which I consider his best. There was a cameo from Lynne which got a massive reaction from the audience and a response from Coogan as did the video shenanigans where he's having a conversation with his irish character Martin Brennan.

Associate
Slight necro, but Oasthouse series 2 been out a few months. Absolutely cracking stuff. Looking forward to potentially more...

Aye, it's excellent. His Audiobooks/Podcasts remain the best thing done with the character since the original series imo.

There's so many little lines that stick in my head because of his delivery.

"This is me two days ago having gotten into difficulty on the River Ouse..."

I drove my partner mental with that line first time I heard it.

The whole Potholing episode as well had me in absolute stitches on the bus first time I heard it, I had to turn it off. When his friend comes into the cave to save him, again his delivery of those lines is beyond perfection.

He did tease more at the end of the series so fingers crossed for some time late next year.

Last edited:
Soldato
Aye, it's excellent. His Audiobooks/Podcasts remain the best thing done with the character since the original series imo.

There's so many little lines that stick in my head because of his delivery.

"This is me two days ago having gotten into difficulty on the River Ouse..."

I drove my partner mental with that line first time I heard it.

The whole Potholing episode as well had me in absolute stitches on the bus first time I heard it, I had to turn it off. When his friend comes into the cave to save him, again his delivery of those lines is beyond perfection.

He did tease more at the end of the series so fingers crossed for some time late next year.
Is it South L.A. or Central L.A.?

Back
Top Bottom