• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Alder Lake-S leaks

Soldato
12700KF destroys the 5800x

LOL stop it, no it does not .. It's a toss up between the 5800x and 12700kf ..

See that's why the 12700k is my fav out of this gen for intel. Power and heat on the more normal side and well 12900k is pointless now, now you know why they didn't send a 12700k to reviewers. Also the 5800x is doing really well too :).

Soldato
OP
LOL stop it, no it does not .. It's a toss up between the 5800x and 12700kf ..

See that's why the 12700k is my fav out of this gen for intel. Power and heat on the more normal side and well 12900k is pointless now, now you know why they didn't send a 12700k to reviewers. Also the 5800x is doing really well too :).

to quote Steve at HUB, in productivity "this is embarrassing for AMD"

Soldato
My 12600kf is due around lunch time, I've also received a 5800x and b550 strix board this morning, I'm really not sure what to do haha

10400f b560 currently setup, 5800x and b550 board, as well as a 12600kf but no board or mount for my EK aio

It's easy , the 5800x is competing with a 12700k... 12600k is not worth it over a 5800x and good motherboard.

Soldato
to quote Steve at HUB, in productivity "this is embarrassing for AMD"
Watch till the end of the video... he clearly says it's a toss up and can't decide which to get .. one case the 5800x is better and on another the 12700kf... Watch it fully without snippets of drama ...

Coming from a guy that is going to decide between one of these for a HTPC... I said earlier in the thread these 2 chips are the ones for a highend gaming pc or HTPC, and 5950x for a workstation build top end build.

This chip (12700k and kf) for intel holds the crown as best chip this gen easy, 12900k is dead now. 12600k nice for cheap gaming build but once the 12400k comes out that will be the chip to get for cheap game build.

12900k and 12600k on rocky grounds out of the lineup.

Soldato
My 5800x cost me £314, I'm priced out the 12700kf unfortunately

The 5800x was the sensible purchase and a nice upgrade path is already here and coming with the 3d v-cache chips too. You ended up with a better motherboard too than the 12600k setup. Also you were priced out of a 12700k sadly as if you had more money that would have been the one to get for an ADL build, but again still a toss up between the 5800x and 12700k as you will see from that video.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah the review titles were all clickbait. I don’t see any trouble for AMD here. ADL is gaming king only for 2 months. The 3D V-Cache Ryzen CPUs will most certainly beat ADL as average FPS seems to be just a hair ahead and AMD claims 15% improvement. Note their overclocking headroom is also higher than ADL as it runs much cooler.

I think Intel lost me at the motherboard pricing. I can either go DDR4 now and save costs but that’s a dead end just like AM4 as I don’t think Raptor Lake will support DDR4. So if I need to change the board anyway AM4 is a good option along with Ryzen 3D Cache as pricing is very good on the boards.

The amount of time a company holds the top spot seems like an odd objection. -particularly before said time has even elapsed.

In a properly competitive market, I want all "victories" to be short-lived.

Soldato
OP
HUB seems to think age of empires 4 is a good indication of the game performance for alder lake (10:54 time stamp). What do you guys think?

I had a look at their data - it seems like age of empires 4 is one of the very few recent new games that are not GPU bottlenecked at 1080p and even with the 6900xt alderlake pulls ahead nearly 30% over ryzen 5000 in this game

Soldato
HUB seems to think age of empires 4 is a good indication of the game performance for alder lake (10:54 time stamp). What do you guys think?

I had a look at their data - it seems like age of empires 4 is one of the very few recent new games that are not GPU bottlenecked at 1080p and even with the 6900xt alderlake pulls ahead nearly 30% over ryzen 5000 in this game

For gaming Alder lake is much of a muchness. Outside of gaming the design has some strengths and weaknesses.

Soldato

Ohh stop it.. The game is an outlier.. I can pull outliers out for every cpu,platform,game,application too for any system and make it look good or bad too. The average system is what counts and nothing in it.

Also @beasty6 is buying it as a gaming pc. It's 1.3% on average fps different and max 3% on the 1% lows fps.

Basically nothing in it, your RAM or motherboard can make up that difference depending which you buy.

Soldato
How do you define, destroys @Grim5 ?

If people start saying 1.5% increase is "destroying" then expect cpus from now on to be 1-3% faster so they can claim it destroys the previous gen .. Like how we ended up with GPUs because people were happy with 20-30% gen over gen at best now, from when we use to get 100% and more increase from gen to gen.

This mentality will end bad for us consumers. Intel did good but they have done nothing more than catch up to AMD. Reality not made up facts to create drama.

Geeze really.

Caporegime
If people start saying 1.5% increase is "destroying" then expect cpus from now on to be 1-3% faster so they can claim it destroys the previous gen .. Like how we ended up with GPUs because people were happy with 20-30% gen over gen at best now, from when we use to get 100% and more increase from gen to gen.

This mentality will end bad for us consumers. Intel did good but they have done nothing more than catch up to AMD. Reality not made up facts to create drama.

Geeze really.
Agree. For me destroy would probably be something like 40-50% faster, that would be a big lead. But a few percent?

Slightly faster seems more apt, which it is.

Soldato

Geeze really.

1-2% every 18-24 month is the Intel MO.

Raptor lake 1-2% uplift = Alder lake destroyed.

Back
Top Bottom