• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Alder Lake-S leaks

Soldato
yep. Mounting kit and pump cover. I only found out about the pump cover when I looked at the manual for the ADL fitting kit

I just need DDR5 memory to come in stock.

I hear the pump cover manual has part number for an updated Alder lake contact plate, and the contact plate manual has an updated pump housing kit.

Soldato
12900k is around 500 sold, it’s most popular SKU. The rest were a bit slow but sales are now accelerating especially the 12600K.

AMD launch had far less stock but the demand was even higher.

Once motherboard supply catches up the sales will boost, DDR5 will help too but a decent DDR4 3600 kit is all you need.

Thanks for the reply and info :)

Associate
Silly question - we've seen reports that ADL is slightly more power efficient. Have we seen any comparison of ADL+cooling power Vs Ryzen +cooling power?

There's no point saying it's xx watts less if it's running a jet engine to keep it cool?

OcUK Staff
It would be useful to know the configuration. Would it be possible to make an order for say 8 sets of 2R and 8 sets of 1R?

Thanks for the heads up.

I am afraid not mate, the manufacturers do not declare the configuration and it can change from batch to batch.

Associate
Is this on their store page?

No, you need to contact their support department - ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II LGA1700 - Customer Support

From their website:

A selection of motherboards interferes with the PCB cover of the water pump. This can be remedied by removing the PCB cover. For this, only two screws have to be loosened and the cover can be easily removed. The function and safety of the Liquid Freezer II is not affected.https://support.arctic.de/products/lf2-lga1700/img/lf2-remove_cover.jpg

Below is a list of motherboard which have been confirmed to have this problem.

• ASRock Z690 Taichi
  • ASUS Prime Z690-A
  • ASUS ProArt Z690-Creator WIFI
  • ASUS ROG Maximus Z690 Formula
  • ASUS ROG Maximus Z690 Hero
  • ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WIFI D4
  • ASUS ROG Strix Z690-E Gaming WIFI
  • ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming WIFI
  • ASUS ROG Strix Z690-G Gaming WIFI
  • ASUS ROG Strix Z690-I Gaming WIFI
  • GIGABYTE Z690 UD
Customers who submit proof of purchase of one of the affected motherboards will receive a compatible cover free of charge upon request from ARCTIC. Contact us here

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
Was looking at a be-quiet dark 4 pro, but read reviews it won't cool well enough on the 12700k and above. My case just won't take a cooler big enough and I don't really want the extra expense.

Probably going to cross fingers and AMD reduce prices.

I have my eye on best sellers, Intel are starting to make an impact on AMD usually completely filling the top 12, but Ryzen's are still selling very well.

I think AMD will reduce prices, i think they will wait a couple of weeks to see how their sales are effected and make decisions based on that.

lzXdBO1.png

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
If people start saying 1.5% increase is "destroying" then expect cpus from now on to be 1-3% faster so they can claim it destroys the previous gen .. Like how we ended up with GPUs because people were happy with 20-30% gen over gen at best now, from when we use to get 100% and more increase from gen to gen.

This mentality will end bad for us consumers. Intel did good but they have done nothing more than catch up to AMD. Reality not made up facts to create drama.

Geeze really.
It’s only Grim. He does **** like that all the time. He also upgrades every year for some reason, like as if he is trying to compensate for something :p:cry::D

Associate
Then maybe you should learn to think for yourself and analyse the data reviewers are giving you. There is not a single number or result that constitutes "destroy", "crush" or "dunks" in any of Intel's performance wins. But please feel free to mindlessly parrot click-bait hyperbole, just be prepared to be called out for it.
New drinking game; take a swig every time he says ADL surpasses Ryzen by 20-30%.

Caporegime
If people start saying 1.5% increase is "destroying" then expect cpus from now on to be 1-3% faster so they can claim it destroys the previous gen .. Like how we ended up with GPUs because people were happy with 20-30% gen over gen at best now, from when we use to get 100% and more increase from gen to gen.

This mentality will end bad for us consumers. Intel did good but they have done nothing more than catch up to AMD. Reality not made up facts to create drama.

Geeze really.

You get the sense of frustration in peoples posts when they talk about "Destroying AMD" with a few % difference, a sense that they feel like AMD are that turd that just will not flush, stubborn bar stewards that just will not be toppled, the tension of seeing AMD competitive with Intel is intolerable and after getting hyped twice with Intel putting something out that should crush AMD it failed both times and AMD are still standing "GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!"

Back
Top Bottom