• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Alder Lake-S leaks

Caporegime
so where is all Intel revenue coming from if AMD are beating them 8-2?
Intel Revenue 77b
AMD revenue 3.85b

are intel money laundering for the cartels or something?

AMD has 22.5% of the desktop market.
AMD had the highest market share way back in Q4 of 2006 at 25.3%.

Gaining marketshare for 20 years or something :cry:

I don't think AMD have ever been able to get the production capacity to be a true competitor, even if they have had the best CPU

Where did you get AMD's 3.85 Billion from? The Intel revenue you're quoting is annual.

AMD revenue for this last quarter (Q3 2021) was $4.31 Billion
Intel revenue for the same quarter was $18.1 Billion.

Soldato
OP
Intels revenue is actually not that big all things considered. Suppose it's the nature of the industry, services is where it's at.

if every person who had an Intel CPU just paid Intel $1 per day Intels revenue would be far higher than it actually is

Associate
Im assuming there is going to be little to no difference from a 10900k to a 12900k at 1440p?

about 7% on avg going by this graph ...https://www.techpowerup.com/review/intel-core-i9-12900k-alder-lake-12th-gen/17.html

some games you will see no gains at all while others you will see a little , probably not enough to upgrade imo and would wait to see what 13th gen offers when ddr5 has matured by next year which is what i am doing although i play at 4K so even less of a difference for games :)

Associate
Why is there such a huge variance between reviews for DDR4 vs. DDR5? Hardware unboxed and Tech City showed virtually identical performance on both but the benchmarks below seem to suggest very high gains for DDR5. Doesn’t make any sense.

Soldato
OP
Why is there such a huge variance between reviews for DDR4 vs. DDR5? Hardware unboxed and Tech City showed virtually identical performance on both but the benchmarks below seem to suggest very high gains for DDR5. Doesn’t make any sense.

Because

1) a lot of benchmarks on small YouTube channels are fake

2) the video may have benchmarked games the others didn't

Last edited:
Soldato
Associate
Because

1) a lot of benchmarks on small YouTube channels are fake

2) the video may have benchmarked games the others didn't

Of course it's fake they want your early adopters dough for DDR 5, I went with DDR 4 not because of price (Or maybe a little) but 1 because I already have it and 2 we've seen enough leaks over the past month to know right now DDR 5 is useless, No availability causing huge price spikes and little to no difference in performance over a good kit of DDR 4.

8 Pack has already confirmed that.

Soldato
We've seen this now in several AI heavy RTS games. Either these games are simply single core driven and because alder lake has 20% faster single core it leads or alder lake is just better at AI
They are single core driven, and also almost every strategy game is made on very old code bases so they're much more friendly to Intel than AMD. This is the case for 99% of everything strategy/tactics. Also applicable to NV vs AMD on the GPU side, you'll see massive advantages with NV.

Soldato
Of course it's fake they want your early adopters dough for DDR 5, I went with DDR 4 not because of price (Or maybe a little) but 1 because I already have it and 2 we've seen enough leaks over the past month to know right now DDR 5 is useless, No availability causing huge price spikes and little to no difference in performance over a good kit of DDR 4.

8 Pack has already confirmed that.

Far more expensive in the long term, upgrading motherboard and RAM.

There are DDR5 kits floating around, many picked up Crucial 16GB 4800Mhz, to use temporarily while good 6200Mhz+ 32GB come into stock over next few weeks/months. Very easy to just swap out RAM.

Last edited:
Associate
Far more expensive in the long term, upgrading motherboard and RAM.

There are DDR5 kits floating around, many picked up £100 Crucial 16GB 4800Mhz, to use temporarily while good 6200Mhz+ 32GB come into stock over next few weeks/months. Very easy to just swap out RAM.
I think DDR5 prices will remain inflated over the next full year. By the time pricing stabilises, Intel will probably be in a new socket. I was going to go DDR5 but there is no stock of these kits, even the crucial ones anywhere and I don’t want to wait for months on end and sit on stock alerts on Discord to get good budget DDR5 ram. That got old real fast getting my 3080 Ti and don’t want to go through that again for ddr5 ram.

Soldato
I think DDR5 prices will remain inflated over the next full year. By the time pricing stabilises, Intel will probably be in a new socket. I was going to go DDR5 but there is no stock of these kits, even the crucial ones anywhere and I don’t want to wait for months on end and sit on stock alerts on Discord to get good budget DDR5 ram. That got old real fast getting my 3080 Ti and don’t want to go through that again for ddr5 ram.

Time will tell, though RAM has far fewer components compared to a GPU, so is much easier to produce and smaller in volume to ship in bulk, doubt the shortage will take that many weeks to shift.

Soldato
We've seen this now in several AI heavy RTS games. Either these games are simply single core driven and because alder lake has 20% faster single core it leads or alder lake is just better at AI
These are the kind of games that reviewers need to cover. RTS, simulators etc. Not sure why they pick games that are gpu limited even at 1080p and all cpus of the past 3 years perform about the same.

Back
Top Bottom