• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Alder Lake-S leaks

Soldato
Spamming mods isn't the way to deal with this, posting stupid crap over and over again isn't against the rules nor should it be.

What you should do with stupid crap is either ignore it or if there is a worthwhile debate to be had out of it do that.

Above all just keep your cool because the whole point of trolling is to wind you up, so don't fall for it ;)

Trolling, flame baiting and thread dumping used to be frowned upon, but it now seems to be considered within the rules and the quality of the forum will reflect this. As @LePhuronn says we do seem to have some ambiguity’s here.

Granted the mods get spammed for removing posts, but that is the function of being a mod.

Soldato
Seems like these parts ship without a HSF. I'm not sure if that is a good or bad sign,
There were leaked pictures of an updated stock cooler for Alder Lake, but it still seems wimpy. I should imagine they'll only ship with the low end parts, leaving the user to grab the required beefy cooling for the big parts as both Intel and AMD have been doing for a while.

I can see the logic behind it, but it's annoying that you don't have an emergency cooler if something goes funny, especially if you're water cooling.

Soldato
There were leaked pictures of an updated stock cooler for Alder Lake, but it still seems wimpy. I should imagine they'll only ship with the low end parts, leaving the user to grab the required beefy cooling for the big parts as both Intel and AMD have been doing for a while.

I can see the logic behind it, but it's annoying that you don't have an emergency cooler if something goes funny, especially if you're water cooling.

Yes it’s handy to have a HSF around for each socket. I did get a little frustrated with Intel as nearly all the Intel HSF I’ve received went straight into the bin because the included one was just terrible.

Soldato
OP
Intel actually supply ES chips to users. I’ve seen a few in prebuilts over the years.

well that would be stupid and surely illegal

because yuki_ans bought one of the ES2 12900k chips and tested it, he also posted photos here

the ES2 12900k has a max clock speed of 4.5ghz, well short of the 5.3ghz max single core the retail chip has so if Intel put this ES2 into a prebuilt and advertised it as a 12900k that would be super misleading

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-c...mple-pictured-up-close-16-cores-up-to-4-5-ghz

Back
Top Bottom