• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Alder Lake-S leaks

Permabanned
Minimums are not dependent on core count. My 8 core 8 thread 9700k CPU has higher minimums than my 16 core 32 thread 3950X in the vast majority of games.

(While I've got your attention 4K8KW10 I'm still waiting for your 'proof' of how 4K shows more on the screen than 1080p in reply to my proof here https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/35111565.)

Sometimes I just have to call you out, correct your misinformation and not let it go as there is chance somebody might actually think what you are saying is correct and make a grave error in judgement because of it.

Taking matters further might be in order. Here's a tip: put 4K8KWTF in the boot of your car, and all along the way his spicy scent will be your reward! ..Or maybe settle for a disguised geode reference, amongst serious, highly technical talk.

Anywho, might possibly go either a "slashed" 5600X or whatever Intel 6+something cores maybe, don't know, don't much care for a while yet.

Associate
PSA Alert: Air cooler warning

Like me you may have noticed that the VRM heatsink a on z690 boards are massively tall and thick.

And what we now know is this is a big problem for some air coolers.

For example:most of Noctua air coolers cannot be used on ASUS z690 boards because of the large VRM heat sinks getting in the way

So for those who like air coolers, pick your motherboard very carefully because like Noctua, chances are that many other brand air coolers also are not compatible with some z690 boards. Looks like AIO coolers are the go to option if you want gauranteed compatible for CPU cooling until companies like Noctua redesign new air coolers for this

https://www.reddit.com/r/hardware/comments/qj61xq/asus_bad_z690_heatsink_design_means_poor_cooler/

Yeah I have just been reading about this yesterday this is big news really, I bought the Strix Z690 Gaming A and now just found out I can't use my NH-D15 air cooler in the interim because Asus decided to design a board without checking the most used big Air coolers, From what I can gather none of the big coolers fit Asus boards, This now not just by Corsair and the rest that can't get make a few screws for release and top that with Asus's complete oversight into the design of their boards this release is now becoming a complete joke, I have never seen a CPU of this magnitude tested by engineers for months and not being able to use it on day 1, Complete shambles from Asus and Corsair and the rest of them to be honest other than Noctua that got some kits out of the door, I may have to cancel this board now and look for something else depending on what the alternatives are.

Associate
Just been checking Noctua's compatibility again it's worse than I thought no more than 92mm Coolers work with Asus's Z690 lol, Asus wiping Noctua out, Utter complete joke.
Unfortunately they have the best BIOS interface out of the lot. Gigabyte BIOS is terrible. That leaves just MSI, a company I would rather not deal with after I found they scalped their own GPUs and Asrock which is just a budget brand.

Soldato
OP
Unfortunately they have the best BIOS interface out of the lot. Gigabyte BIOS is terrible. That leaves just MSI, a company I would rather not deal with after I found they scalped their own GPUs and Asrock which is just a budget brand.

Asrock, a company which limits many of their entry and midrange z690 boards to 135w max, meaning most of the new CPUs can't run at full speed on them

Soldato
:cry:

Maybe you also believe that the Earth was flat.

Seriously, there is nothing wrong with Windows' processes and background services.

If you haven't noticed micro-stuttering, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist :D

Microstutter: What it is and how to fix it | PC Gamer

"There's not much you can do with games that include a framerate cap, especially if that cap is linked to physics, AI, network code, or other elements—that's generally not the 'right' way to code a game engine, but that's a different topic. You can try lowering your quality settings, in the hope of seeing less frequent dropped frames and stutter, but even that doesn't always work. The more expensive solution is to throw hardware at the problem."

Doubling down with a longer reply on your nonsense doesn't change the fact that's it nonsense.

Maybe it's the Dunning-Kruger effect, maybe you're just incorrect a lot. Whatever it is, please stop it. Misinformation isn't helpful.

Caporegime
Caporegime
They have the 5900X at 170 FPS Win 11 Unpatched vs 150 FPS 5800X, i'm assuming just Win 11 also being unpatched.

That's a difference of some 13%, SOTTR is not that Multi Threaded, 16 threads vs 24 Threads, there is only about 100Mhz difference in the clock speeds 5800X vs 5900X, you look at other games that put a high load on the CPU there is little difference between the 5800X and 5900X.

As i said i don't know what to make of their slide.

Edit, i find my own 167 FPS vs 170 FPS 5900X more believable. i don't know WTF is going on with reviewers these days...

BBergCT.png

Soldato

Did you even read it?

"There you have it. For the most part there is little to no difference between Windows 11 and Windows 10 using Intel 10th and 11th-gen Core series processors across gaming, application, and storage performance."

That's completely different to "Windows 10 is faster than Windows 11".

Go away. Kthxbai.

Back
Top Bottom