Alder Lake Upgrade Lian Li 011 Dynamic

Associate
Hi,

I'm debating about upgrading my system from an 8700K to Alder Lake CPU. The problem is the Corsair AIO will not support the platform and they aren't going to provide a bracket. Would it be better to go AM4 instead as that is supported or get a new cooler? It's a shame Corsair doesn't provide some swap-out service for a supported cooler.

I'm also weighing up the RGB aspects of the build as I'm leaning more towards performance. I could move away from the Deepcool RF120 RGB Fans and get the Arctic ones instead. Changing the case to the Fractal Torrent is an option along with the D15 but that's probably wasteful since I already have a very good case.

Any tips would be helpful.

Man of Honour
Hi.

You should be aiming to get the best vslue to performance for your needs and budget. Rgb doesn't cost that much so if you want it get it , treat yourself.

What's your main Use, gaming ?

Full or part upgrade, budget.

Associate
OP
Hi.

You should be aiming to get the best vslue to performance for your needs and budget. Rgb doesn't cost that much so if you want it get it , treat yourself.

What's your main Use, gaming ?

Full or part upgrade, budget.
The main use is gaming as I don't do other intensive tasks. I'm upgrading GPU as managed to sell my old card. Going for a 6900XT or 3080/3080Ti so it's going to be on the higher end. Using a 3440x440 ultrawide. I'm thinking of keeping the case as I like it and the RAM too which is 3600MHz. Probably just get a new GPU and CPU/Motherboard combo.

Thanks.

Man of Honour
At your monitors resoloution games are more gpu bound tour 8700k should hold up well but you would definately will see increased 1% low fps .

Look at the benchmarks for 1440p and 4k which us where your resoloution falls inbetween.

Associate
Hi,

I'm debating about upgrading my system from an 8700K to Alder Lake CPU. The problem is the Corsair AIO will not support the platform and they aren't going to provide a bracket. Would it be better to go AM4 instead as that is supported or get a new cooler? It's a shame Corsair doesn't provide some swap-out service for a supported cooler.

I'm also weighing up the RGB aspects of the build as I'm leaning more towards performance. I could move away from the Deepcool RF120 RGB Fans and get the Arctic ones instead. Changing the case to the Fractal Torrent is an option along with the D15 but that's probably wasteful since I already have a very good case.

Any tips would be helpful.
If you get a z690 tuf gaming wifi board(£280 or thereabouts) and a 12700k youll get a £70 rebate(promotion till 19th).. The asus boards (all of them i think) are predrilled to take coolers with the1200 socket platform , so your aio shoukd fit

https://promotion.asus.com/en/uk/intel-z690

https://www.asus.com/news/trm8nku4s1om8tpl/

Associate
OP
Back
Top Bottom