Alien isolation 2 in the making

If anyone hasn't played Aliens Dark Descent yet, I highly recommend that as well. It actually has little mentions of things in Alien Isolation and is just as spooky. It's really well done.

Wondering if IGN will be as harsh on the sequel, imagine it will get a 10 regardless of if it's actually any good or not :cry:

Shame this guy wasn't writing for them at the time.... the review it should have gotten

If anyone hasn't played Aliens Dark Descent yet, I highly recommend that as well. It actually has little mentions of things in Alien Isolation and is just as spooky. It's really well done.
I enjoyed this game until one of the boss fights just wound me up to the point where I uninstalled and never went back. Sad really because apart from those fights I did enjoy the game.

I enjoyed this game until one of the boss fights just wound me up to the point where I uninstalled and never went back. Sad really because apart from those fights I did enjoy the game.

Oh which level was that then so I can try and be prepared. I did put it on easy mode though as it looked really complicated in the beginning.

Oh which level was that then so I can try and be prepared. I did put it on easy mode though as it looked really complicated in the beginning.
I can't remember the specific level honestly it's been too long. At a guess I'd say it was around 2/3 through the game. All I remember is that there are a bunch of rotating lighting arc things that you have to dodge whilst fighting the Queen.

Unpopular opinion, but I thought IGNs review was mostly fair enough. The game went on far too long, the Alien gameplay loop had worn thin & a lot of the later back tracking just felt like padding. I just wanted the game to end. I don't know if it counts as a spoiler, so just in case .

I thought the reaction to it was completely overblown. People want the whole scale used and often there are claims of "paid off" when every outlet gives basically the same score, but as soon as someone steps out of line, people start frothing at the mouth.

I hope two trims the fat.

Wait, the spoiler tag is not working?, it's there when I edit post, but nothing when saved, is it broken?

Last edited:
Unpopular opinion, but I thought IGNs review was mostly fair enough. The game went on far too long, the Alien gameplay loop had worn thin & a lot of the later back tracking just felt like padding. I just wanted the game to end. I don't know if it counts as a spoiler, so just in case .

I thought the reaction to it was completely overblown. People want the whole scale used and often there are claims of "paid off" when every outlet gives basically the same score, but as soon as someone steps out of line, people start frothing at the mouth.

Wait, the spoiler tag is not working?, it's there when I edit post, but nothing when saved, is it broken?
Who let Mack from Worthabuy into the thread? :p

I loved the game, but agree it went on way too long.

I think once you've done it, you'll realise there are shortcuts to help you do it quicker and it won't be so daunting.

It's not really about shortcuts, but you can legit run the entire level, the Alien won't catch you because the Alien is stuck in the animation, that said, don't expect a first player to ever do that, but I have given instructions to casual players on twitch on it and they done it first time after they been stuck there for a long time, it's a lot of fun.l
Still too scared to play the first one.

Honestly felt the same, until I decided to watch someone else play it live and learned what to expect after that, sorta regert that to be honest, but it allowed me to get over the scare factor since I know what was ahead of me, cheating in a way. You should give the game an other try, it's a classic and a great ride.

Some tips is you don't have to crawl everywhere, you can walk safety (try to use common sense thu, you can't walk when the alien is a few feet from you lol) and speed is key, keep moving and sometimes, the stupidiest and most basic plan will keep you alive.

Reactions: taB
I dont get scared at games / film / books but the VR mod of this game is the single most pant browning experience I've had from any media product.
2 times during the playthrough I had to take the headset off because I was totally drenched in sweat from anxiety, was brilliant and hopefully this sequel embraces it more!

Native VR support for the sequel would be brilliant but appreciate that it would be a lot of extra work for them to build in to the game, so not expecting this to happen.

For me VR is the way to play the game as long as your washing machine can cope with the increased trouser worklog.

Native VR support for the sequel would be brilliant but appreciate that it would be a lot of extra work for them to build in to the game, so not expecting this to happen.

For me VR is the way to play the game as long as your washing machine can cope with the increased trouser worklog.

Have you heard of the new Alien VR game coming soon?

Have you heard of the new Alien VR game coming soon?

I wasn't aware and just had a look and seems to be more of a shooty Aliens type of game rather then the stealth horror style from the first film that's in Alien Isolation - I'll definitely be looking into it

Back
Top Bottom