Alien: Romulus - Fede Alvarez (Evil Dead) to write/direct

Soldato
No, it’s really not. I dunno if you’re watching the wrong thing or not but it looks anything other than generic cgi trash.

So just ignore the slasher movie teen screaming dialogue, the Doctor Who looking set design and woeful CGI face huggers.

Other than that looks good so much better than this one - oh wait lol..

Associate
So just ignore the slasher movie teen screaming dialogue, the Doctor Who looking set design and woeful CGI face huggers.

But... Prometheus was ****? I don't get what your point is.

Soldato

You’re definitely looking at the wrong trailer. Or just seeing what you want to.

Associate
If Prometheus was crap with a pretty good teaser how can you possibly think this new Alien will be any good based on such an absolute garbage generic trailer..

Because it's a trailer made by a separate team with a very specific agenda. You've just admitted that trailers aren't always good indicators as to the final products quality or lack thereof.

Soldato
Because it's a trailer made by a separate team with a very specific agenda. You've just admitted that trailers aren't always good indicators as to the final products quality or lack thereof.

The consensus on here from most of the comments is that it looks good - but if the trailer is not a good indicator the discussion is a bit pointless.

Regardless I think it looks **** and when you are back here in August whinging because someone didnt run diagonally from a crashing ship and crying because the film contradicts the alien life cycle as established in a deleted scene from Alien 3 I will remind you of this :D

Associate
The consensus on here from most of the comments is that it looks good - but if the trailer is not a good indicator the discussion is a bit pointless.

Regardless I think it looks **** and when you are back here in August whinging because someone didnt run diagonally from a crashing ship and crying because the film contradicts the alien life cycle as established in a deleted scene from Alien 3 I will remind you of this :D

Couldn't give a toss about any of that. There isn't an Alien movie that I don't love, I'm just happy we keep getting them.

Soldato

The set design was very inline with Alien and Aliens. **** knows what you been watching?
E: how can you deduce from that trailer, that the CGI Facehuggers was 'woeful'. We had literally a few seconds of face hugger footage. Looked pretty good to me. I guess you want to be 'the main character' by going against the grain and slagging off something that in reality, know one, really, can make any sort of judgement on.
The teaser set the tone, the location, the (possible) bad guy (apart from the Aliens themselves), had some close vibes to Alien and Aliens, modified Pulse rifle (could be an older model). Plenty in that teaser to chew on and reflect. Bring it on I say.

Last edited:
Soldato
All modern trailers are utter *****. Pretty sure they're all made by the same person at this point, totally formulaic.

But, Dune Part 2 trailer is utter pants as well and the film is pretty good. So I remain hopeful.

Reactions: Kyo
Associate
Looks ok.

Although not a popular opinion, I liked Covenant and Prometheus, I like anything scifi, a bit scary and real feeling. The Alien films for me always felt real compared to stuff like star trek where everything is perfect and they all wear matching uniforms!

I think some of you want every film to be like Aliens, for me it just had too many .... Aliens in it. I prefer the slower pace of 1 or 3, and the last 2 films for me were well made, had that "feel" that could only be achieved with the big budget.

Soldato
Although not a popular opinion, I liked Covenant and Prometheus.

Not at all, I enjoyed both movies too, for me Aliens is and will likely be the best in the series, especially the directors cut, doesn't mean I can no longer enjoy other movies in the series.

I really don't get all the raging, its just a movie, if you don't like it don't watch it and get on with your life, a little secret, the creators don't care :D

Back
Top Bottom