Alien TV series (Alien Earth) : 2025

I thought the missing bit was a human host?

It's all a bit muddled and hazy, I think even Scott himself has implied that David is the creator, an idea I really can't get behind - even if from the lips of the Director himself. Just chalk it down to his old age :D

David being the creator has never really say well with me. After watching the fan edit of Covenant - Ninth Gate is it? I sort of felt slightly better about the idea but not much!

All Alien fans should give the audio drama based on William Gibson’s (yes, the King of Cyberpunk) script for Alien 3 a listen over on Audible.

I read the Dark Horse adaption, some good ideas in there but not convinced it would have translated well to film.

EDIT: I'm one of those rare folk that don't actually mind Alien 3 that much, workprint version onwards of course.

Last edited:
Keep reading about this and it keeps changing all the time. Its meant to be set on Earth, its not going to be canon, Ridley Scott wants nothing to do with it, etc etc.
Lance Henriksen will be involved, no he wont, Michael Beihn will be in it, no he wont..., Signourney Weaver might be in it, no she wont, might be a Signourney Weaver character, no it wont, will be about Ripley's daughter, etc etc

Sounds to me like another Alien 3 fiasco in regards to "too many cooks...."

Keep reading about this and it keeps changing all the time. Its meant to be set on Earth, its not going to be canon, Ridley Scott wants nothing to do with it, etc etc.
Lance Henriksen will be involved, no he wont, Michael Beihn will be in it, no he wont..., Signourney Weaver might be in it, no she wont, might be a Signourney Weaver character, no it wont, will be about Ripley's daughter, etc etc

That sounds more like the talk around the blomkamp movie that was going to be a direct sequel to Aliens before being canned.

The news around the TV show has been fairly consistent, since first announced late 2020 Hawley was always on board with Scott Free producing. I've been following closely and had never been any mention around old stars returning, that i'd seen at least.

There are more of us than some would think...

I read the Dark Horse adaption, some good ideas in there but not convinced it would have translated well to film.

EDIT: I'm one of those rare folk that don't actually mind Alien 3 that much, workprint version onwards of course.

I like Alien3 too. Solid film, great atmosphere, great tension like the first film. Lots of very good characters and performances too.

Resurrection is the real turkey...with Prometheus being somewhat redeemed by being an essential prequel to Covenant.

Alien and Aliens are both master pieces for me.

We should have got bloomklomp aliens sequel the photo designs and his general idea sounded great yet his idea was ditched for Scott's.

I'll give the TV show again more in blind hope it's good but time will tell

That sounds more like the talk around the blomkamp movie that was going to be a direct sequel to Aliens before being canned.

The news around the TV show has been fairly consistent, since first announced late 2020 Hawley was always on board with Scott Free producing. I've been following closely and had never been any mention around old stars returning, that i'd seen at least.

No it wasnt the movie it was about the TV Series it kept popping up in my newsfeed around Xmas just gone.

I agree with some of the comments above.

The first two movies were excellent. Aliens is one of my all time favourite movies.

The rest were terrible, sorry, Alien 3 was borderling bad, Alien Resuracction was both wierd (but bad wierd) and absolutely awful, the other spin offs all pretty awful.

It doesnt bode well.

I really enjoyed Prometheus and Covenant.

I was just coming to start a thread on this.

It's written by Noah Hawley of Fargo fame, the first series of which is as close to perfect as any season of any TV i've watched.

It's purely on that basis I have some hope for this - just don't let Scott get too involved.

I don;t hold out much hope then. Personally for me and my partner the Fargo TV series was the most boring, over rated TV show we have ever watched.

I don;t hold out much hope then. Personally for me and my partner the Fargo TV series was the most boring, over rated TV show we have ever watched.

Yeah I Agree and I loved the movie.

We watched the TV series, got through season one, abondoned it early season 2

No.
You didn't.
Your mind is clearly infected with some xenomorph virus.
They are both truly awful films from conception thru to delivery, looking beautiful with god a2wful characters, choices and evolution.
Sinfully horrible films.
Prometheus was decent, I liked what they did with it. Covenant was ok... Definitely not horrible films.

An Alien tv series I'm down for if they do it well.

Heard about this a while back and it said to be based on the humans and how they are worse than the Aliens.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom