Alien TV series (Alien Earth) : 2025

That's been a recurrent theme within the earlier movies - if they expand on it with this TV show, quite happy about that.
Yes normally it was centred around one main character from the first two films

Carter and Ash from the evil Wayland-Yutani corporation.

Today they probably fill the cast with unlikeable sterotypes.

So it'll have one good scene and the rest is forgettable?
Rogue One was a great movie and is up there with A new hope and empire. It had multiple great scenes, great pacing and good acting. It made a compelling movie out of a story that could have easily been left as a "these people did this thing and that is how we got the Death Star plans" It was a story that we already knew the outcome but still managed to be a great addition to the star wars franchise unlike Solo and the final couple of movies.

All Alien fans should give the audio drama based on William Gibson’s (yes, the King of Cyberpunk) script for Alien 3 a listen over on Audible.
Giving this a go now, thanks for the recommendation. I normally struggle with audiobooks, much prefer reading my kindle

Rogue One was a great movie and is up there with A new hope and empire. It had multiple great scenes, great pacing and good acting. It made a compelling movie out of a story that could have easily been left as a "these people did this thing and that is how we got the Death Star plans" It was a story that we already knew the outcome but still managed to be a great addition to the star wars franchise unlike Solo and the final couple of movies.
No it was a completely forgettable film with boring characters and no development. Shoddy CGI. The only one good scene at the end with Vader which was unnecessary pointless pandering, it was only there to make you forget about the last 2 hours of the boring movie. Vader also doesn't act like that when he boards the Tantive IV.

Last edited:
The first two films are classics, and I quite liked 3 aside from what they did to the survivors of the second. Some great characters and performances.

I hated the latest two films, I felt the creatures don't need an origin and work better as an enigma. I know they're now very well exposed but still find the mystery makes them even more unsettling.

No it was a completely forgettable film with boring characters and no development. Shoddy CGI. The only one good scene at the end with Vader which was unnecessary pointless pandering, it was only there to make you forget about the last 2 hours of the boring movie. Vader also doesn't act like that when he boards the Tantive IV.
I dont agree at all but you are welcome to your opinion.

I agree, my only complaint was that like many modern movies the action has to happen over a few days with no sensation of time between events. Would all those people have really signed up to support the female lead on a suicide mission, who was a pain in the backside, after knowing her only a few days. If they had stretched the hunt out and she had earned their trust more it would have felt more natural. But otherwise great film.

Yeah i see what you are saying but i really don't know how it could have been conveyed over the length of a film, maybe a tv show but then it would have been slated for having loads of filler guff. I can understand them joining her on her mission, the window of opportunity to succeed was very small. It actually reminded me of old WW2 movies like Where Eagles Dare or The Guns of Navarone, as a matter of fact it was very similar to that latter in some respects. Like most of Star Wars was a reliance on faith/hope that they could succeed and turn the tide for the rebellion was applied, whatever the consequences to the main cast.

The first two films are classics, and I quite liked 3 aside from what they did to the survivors of the second. Some great characters and performances.

I hated the latest two films, I felt the creatures don't need an origin and work better as an enigma. I know they're now very well exposed but still find the mystery makes them even more unsettling.
They're of quite a different era the more recent films. I rather like them and think they stand up quite well as a spin-off, rather than Alien films. Which is what they are, really, they are about David and the Engineers, rather than the alien itself, which was the star of the show in the first films, with a sideshow of Weyland-Utani.

Some great scenes still, the xeno in the lander at the beginning of Covenant is as good as the chest-buster scene imo, pretty savage.

I agree, my only complaint was that like many modern movies the action has to happen over a few days with no sensation of time between events. Would all those people have really signed up to support the female lead on a suicide mission, who was a pain in the backside, after knowing her only a few days. If they had stretched the hunt out and she had earned their trust more it would have felt more natural. But otherwise great film.

Just to clarify, I watched Rogue One yesterday, the people who helped her where brought along by Cassian Andor, they were his men and they were following him, not Urso, because it was him they believed in, and he believed in Urso.

They're of quite a different era the more recent films. I rather like them and think they stand up quite well as a spin-off, rather than Alien films. Which is what they are, really, they are about David and the Engineers, rather than the alien itself, which was the star of the show in the first films, with a sideshow of Weyland-Utani.

Some great scenes still, the xeno in the lander at the beginning of Covenant is as good as the chest-buster scene imo, pretty savage.

They are objectively awful movies IMO.

That whole first bit of Covenant was great, then it just went downhill once David arrived and saved them in the dark.

Finally got round to listening to the William Gibson Alien 3 script. Not as good as I'd been lead to believe, a lot of daft hybrid Resurrection vibes.

I don't how anyone upset that Alien 3 wrote out major characters from Aliens can be happy with it.....

with Ripley being completely written out of it!

Still firmly in the 'Alien 3 is a good film camp'. Fight me.

Finally got round to listening to the William Gibson Alien 3 script. Not as good as I'd been lead to believe, a lot of daft hybrid Resurrection vibes.

I don't how anyone upset that Alien 3 wrote out major characters from Aliens can be happy with it.....

with Ripley being completely written out of it!

Still firmly in the 'Alien 3 is a good film camp'. Fight me.
I saw it at the cinema and it was dark and dirty and wasnt happy it basically took a dump on the previous movie but it was OK. Most of the cast were British as well (Brian Glover, Charles Dance, Moxy from Auf Wiedersehen, Pet) It was plagued with re-write after re-write and iirc i remembered seeing a documentary saying they were getting scenes/script changes faxed over daily it was an utter **** show. The original story was also bloody weird with the pseudo religious themes and wooden planet.

Alien 3 did give us the legendary bathroom scene.

Would have preferred it be retcon and Neill Blomkamp given the go ahead but that's out the door now.

Back
Top Bottom