Aliens Fireteam

Soldato
If you have 2 human players does it fill the squad with a 3rd computer controlled player?
Not always, we've had a 3rd random player join sometimes usually a higher level player as well.

Me and a mate smashed through 6 missions last night and honestly it was a blast! Great game for some intense action and unrelenting swarms of Aliens. Really keeps you on your toes!

We played through standard but can't imagine what intense would be like.

Synths are surprisingly had to kill as well unless you use electro charged rounds which help a lot to bring them down.

Soldato
i'ma add one more to the list:

no crouch
no mic support
no ultrawide support
no FOV adjustment
NO JUMP!

The no jump is quite annoying i find, especially when you're in a pickle and need to go over a ledge but the leap function doesn't always work....

I got quite into the lore as well as each mission pass you get to talk to an NPC who talks to you about some of the lore in the Aliens World.

Associate

no crouch
no mic support
no ultrawide support
no FOV adjustment
NO JUMP!

The no jump is quite annoying i find, especially when you're in a pickle and need to go over a ledge but the leap function doesn't always work....

I got quite into the lore as well as each mission pass you get to talk to an NPC who talks to you about some of the lore in the Aliens World.

Not sure about the ultrawide support but I'm playing it at 3440*1440

Soldato
Not sure about the ultrawide support but I'm playing it at 3440*1440
Yeah same im playing it at that as well but if you go into settings and try to set it at that resolution it doesn't lock. It defaults back to borderless windowed mode.

Hoping they'll implement it on the Sept 8th Patch along with FOV support. I find its abit too zoomed in and needs adjustability to pull it out abit.

Associate
Yeah same im playing it at that as well but if you go into settings and try to set it at that resolution it doesn't lock. It defaults back to borderless windowed mode.

Hoping they'll implement it on the Sept 8th Patch along with FOV support. I find its abit too zoomed in and needs adjustability to pull it out abit.

It does mate, you need to hit apply settings which a lot of people have actually missed. It's literally right under the resolution and doesn't look like a button. After I had hit that it locks in the resolution.

Man of Honour

no crouch
no mic support
no ultrawide support
no FOV adjustment
NO JUMP!

No crouch I can live with, it isn't always great but it rarely detracts from a game for me, but no jump is a totally different story - completely ruins the immersion I find when you expect to be able to jump and can't.

EDIT: Though The Division wasn't too bad in that respect - vaulting, etc. worked in almost every situation you'd jump - but I've found it an exception to the rule.

Soldato
No crouch I can live with, it isn't always great but it rarely detracts from a game for me, but no jump is a totally different story - completely ruins the immersion I find when you expect to be able to jump and can't.

EDIT: Though The Division wasn't too bad in that respect - vaulting, etc. worked in almost every situation you'd jump - but I've found it an exception to the rule.
Vaulting is implemented in Aliens but it's very hit and miss i find. There's been a few scenarios where being able to jump or vault properly would have meant the difference between life or death. It needs some work to make it more usable but as it is now, its broken for me.

Soldato
It does mate, you need to hit apply settings which a lot of people have actually missed. It's literally right under the resolution and doesn't look like a button. After I had hit that it locks in the resolution.
Ah man not even sure how i've missed it. I'll look again tonight, me and my mate were both looking at it like im sure its not there. It's weird though cos every other setting you do doesn't require you to hit apply, its just set and done unless im missing another button somewhere.

I find it weird how there's no texture quality settings as well, something i was expecting to be there to tinker with.

Soldato
The no jumping thing.. Could you jump in other popular 3rd person shooters like Gears or Mass Effect? No.
Was this a critical issue? No.
Ok, they probably had better vaulting and cover mechanics, so I get that.

No UW support = no buy.
are you serious? If that's true then I'm right there with you on that.
Literally a few posts up, he says he's running UW just fine.

Back
Top Bottom