Alita: Battle Angel (2018)

Caporegime
Cant wait!

Showed this trailer in a group chat of geeky. People. No one showed much interest. I don't think it will do do well. 200mln budget too!

Associate
Saw this last night at an advance screening. Hmm, I was a little lukewarm on it tbh.
Not seen or heard of the source material at all but seemed to suffer from what I find an issue in a lot of anime. Really really bad dialog.
Usually put it down to bad dub/translation or it's aimed at 13 year old boys but this can't use that excuse.

It's like it's a cyberpunk hungergames/teenagainstthesystem kids movie with the occasional f bomb thrown to make it adult.

The script really needed some work - bit unforgivable when clearly a huge amount of money and effort went into making it.
It looks amazing and when it's good its very good. Just a shame it's bang average to bad for 3/4s of it. Was overlong too.

Associate
Saw this last night at an advance screening. Hmm, I was a little lukewarm on it tbh.
Not seen or heard of the source material at all but seemed to suffer from what I find an issue in a lot of anime. Really really bad dialog.
Usually put it down to bad dub/translation or it's aimed at 13 year old boys but this can't use that excuse.

It's like it's a cyberpunk hungergames/teenagainstthesystem kids movie with the occasional f bomb thrown to make it adult.

The script really needed some work - bit unforgivable when clearly a huge amount of money and effort went into making it.
It looks amazing and when it's good its very good. Just a shame it's bang average to bad for 3/4s of it. Was overlong too.
:(

Associate
I might be being a little harsh on it, dunno - might be better 2nd time. Give it a go for the spectacle I'd say, won't be the same on the small screen.

Associate
I enjoy the film but I did suffer the technical issue, many other limitless screening suffer this evening. so I had to turn my 3d glasses upside down in order to watch the film, as it seam the 3d part of the projector was inverted.

Caporegime
Went to see this with my 17 year old laddie and we both enjoyed it. The script has some issues but Rosa Salazar actually managed to put some of herself and some character into Alita which was good. The CGI is amazing as well and you easily forget what's CGI and what's real. I'd recommend it.

Soldato
I saw this yesterday (2d) and I ewalre enjoyed it. I got the feeling the film realoy wanted to be a 15+ at points and would've been a little better for it. It's a long film and is clearly setup for more so I think end should have been tweaked a but so they could flesh out things better Still I would rexorecom it.

Caporegime
Saw it in 3D last night and I think it is great. I never usually watch 3D as it adds to the cost despite having Odeon Limitless so it was good to see that they used that well, not overly done and in the right places.

The world they created is incredibly detailed, so much to look at, the SFX now is so good it is quite hard to tell what is real and what is fake at times. After a while, I forgot who is CGI and who is real.

The pacing was decent, didn't look at my way through it, the acting, actually the best one was the one who is CGI which is weird. The others I thought didn't have that much too do, I think this is the biggest negative of the film.

I want to see the sequel now, I hope this is a hit because they left things rather open!

Back
Top Bottom