* Alton Towers - May 18th/19th 2006 *

Associate
Evening all, we got back at about 3ish. we stopped at the Macarthur Glen outlet at our exit off the M1 and did some shopping and had lunch.

As expected, we had a great time :)

I still cant believe that I managed to talk myself into going on oblivion yesterday, and even went on it a second time through choice- last year I took one look at it and said I would never go on it.

We are both glad that we managed to stay lastnight, it was a lovely meal and the company was even better. It was so nice to see everyone we'd already met, and to meet those we didnt already know.

Lukechad- It was us that you gave a lift to. Thankyou, we very much appreciated the lift :)

We've both come home feeling very very tired, but very relaxed. We really wish we could get to more meets, but the ones we do get to are always so good and more than make up for konwing we'll miss loads of other good meets.

It would've been nice to have gone and found the s+m tree, but by the sounds of it the traffic just wasnt worth it. And lets hope the weather is better next year for alton towers and s+m tree finding :D

Tiggy+8 I3ALL

Man of Honour
This is the kind of thing we have to put up with when looking for a resturant to eat at...

We end up giving away the cusions of our chairs so she can see over her plate... ;)

Soldato
OP
Yay I'm awake !

Had a fantastic time - thanks to everyone who came :)

Splash Landings was awesome ! .. Had muchos fun at flash floods and also nearly lost my bikini bottoms on the master blaster :eek:

OcUK came up trumps again when we were told we couldn't eat until 8.45pm ( this was at about 6pm )

Cue myself, Matblack and Freefaller complaining and got us seated right away

Alton Towers itself was excellent although the walking everywhere has given me shin splints ! I really enjoyed Air but my favourite was the runaway mine train ... 3 times baby RAAAAAAAH !!

We had a lovely meal at the Ivory Cafe - lovely food and excellent service. English meals also available for those who didn't like indian. We'll get it booked up next year and hopefully have the upstairs to ourselves again !

The nice B&B man was a giggle and accomodating as always * waves * . The Old Royd is now the official OcUK Alton Towers B&B

Rooms are great, bloody good value and the breakfast is awesome

Really nice to meet up with the newbs - Headrat & Tinkerbell

Headrat fitted right in with the crazyness and a lovely chappy to talk to ... don't forget the Essex meet dude !

Tinkerbell was lovely and made me giggle when she said " OMG you really ARE that ickle ! " :D

Our journey up and back was fun as always with excellent company - even the delay on the M11 went quickly as myself and H played with our monkies !

I wish Sam and Mic could make more meets - they are always excellent company

Daz, Will, Belmit, Alex ... so great to meet up with you all again :)

Thanks to everyone for keeping the B&B tidy and special thanks to Sam & Tiggy for being extra helpful with the cleaning

Roll on Next Year :cool:

Associate
Piggymon said:
Our journey up and back was fun as always with excellent company - even the delay on the M11 went quickly as myself and H played with our monkies !

My monkey is wedged into a tavern that I throw money into - he is now my Guard Monkey. And Mic is loving his 9 year reduction in age :D

Someone whos good with that kinda thing really needs to make an "Approved By OCUK" certificate of some sort for the B&B :D

I think the lack of sleep has finally caught up with me - I'm sitting here sneezing my head off. popping Flu Plus like they're gonna go out of fashion and have a rather husky voice :o

Everything is still in a heap on the floor behind my PC chair - gonna have to try and sort it out at some point today else I'll end up going bum over tit over it at some point :o

Didn't take enough photos this year - think its because this year I actually went on rides rather than playing the candid camera person. Did get a couple of Mic's bowl of chocolate and a straw though

Unless situations change the next meet we attend will be the BBQ one :(

Soldato
Piggymon said:

You've pretty much echoed my thoughts, except maybe playing with your monkey :o. Lovely to meet everyone again and the new faces (as i've already said, although i nearly had to punch Tink in the ovaries). Headrat you never would have guessed you've never been to a meet, your a great laugh, top man!

I still stand by my theory that my 'sunburn' was in fact windburn (as pointed out by tiggy and 8ball) and i think the teacups are probably what caused it *looks at Desmo* :p. Either way i'm all better and my normal white self.

Basically a great time was had by all, i'm just waiting for pictures now, and missing lots of people too :(

Roll on Essex!

Soldato
tiggy said:
Apparently you walked right past us at one point, but I have no idea what you look like, so wouldnt've noticed.

Like I said, I didnt recognise everyone. And you saying "I walked straight past you" makes me feel really bad now :(

I am really, really sorry if I didnt say hi to anyone, I only recognised a few people I met in Liverpool :D

Soldato
I had a great time, it was just what the doctor ordered and everybody made me feel like "one of the gang", definately did too much screaming at Alton towers as I'm really horse today! ;)

HEADRAT

Soldato
HEADRAT said:
I had a great time, it was just what the doctor ordered and everybody made me feel like "one of the gang", definately did too much screaming at Alton towers as I'm really horse today! ;)

HEADRAT
"Headrat, look this way" *thumbs up* whooooosh! :p

Soldato
Remember my "preemptive scream" on Nemesis that made all the ride crew look around ;) The runaway train was excellent, we all screamed our lungs out and cheered at the people in the river rapids, top fun!

Poor old GARP on the log flume, the water was literally dripping off his chin, I don't think he could have got much wetter if he'd jumped in!

Can't beleive Tink went on the front of Rita, she's made of brave stuff ;)

:D

HEADRAT

Soldato
HEADRAT said:
Remember my "preemptive scream" on Nemesis that made all the ride crew look around ;) The runaway train was excellent, we all screamed our lungs out and cheered at the people in the river rapids, top fun!

:D

HEADRAT
You're a bloody nutter.

Soldato
HEADRAT said:
Poor old GARP on the log flume, the water was literally dripping off his chin, I don't think he could have got much wetter if he'd jumped in!

Drowned and rat are two appropriate words methinks :D

Back
Top Bottom